Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas..........Let him Walk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : October 14, 2012, 01:36:53 AM »

Final straw for Aqib Talib?

October, 13, 2012

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

Saturday’s news that Tampa Bay cornerback Aqib Talib has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances might be his final straw with the Buccaneers.

Talib In a statement released by the team, Talib said he took an Adderall pill (a medication generally used to treat attention deficit disorder) at the beginning of training camp. Talib said he did not have a prescription for the drug. He also said he will not appeal the suspension, which begins immediately.

"This is especially regrettable because, for the past several months, with Coach [Greg] Schiano's help, I've worked very hard to improve myself -- professionally and personally -- as a player and a man," Talib said. "I am truly sorry to my teammates, coaches and Buccaneers fans, and I'm disappointed in myself. I will work diligently every day of this suspension to stay in top football shape and be ready to help this team in the second half of the season."

Talib is eligible to return to the Buccaneers on Nov. 5, and my guess is he will get a chance to finish the season with Tampa Bay.

But I think it’s pretty safe to say that, when his contract is up after the season, the Bucs simply will let the troubled cornerback walk. Schiano is a no-nonsense guy, and Talib’s career has been filled with a lot of off-field nonsense.

When Schiano took over in January, he gave all his players a clean slate. But, like Kellen Winslow and Tanard Jackson, Talib was a guy who began the Schiano era with an 0-2 count and looking out at Stephen Strasburg on the hill.

By all accounts, Talib had been on his best behavior since Schiano’s arrival. But Talib’s career has been filled with issues that make it unlikely a coach who prides himself on discipline will give him anything beyond a third strike.

"We are disappointed to learn that Aqib Talib will be suspended for four games, which will begin with our game tomorrow against Kansas City," Schiano said in the team’s statement. "I have spoken with Aqib, and he knows that he made a poor decision that let our team down. Certainly, other players will have the opportunity to step up while he serves this suspension."

Let’s be real honest here. Schiano unloaded Winslow and Jackson as soon as he saw something he didn’t like. He can’t be happy about Talib’s situation, and I wouldn’t expect much patience or sympathy from the coach.

Schiano could decide to part ways with Talib this season, but the Bucs aren’t exactly loaded with quality depth at cornerback. Talib might come back in November. But, once the season ends, he probably will be looking for a new place to play.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #1 : October 14, 2012, 05:52:49 AM »

I wonder how many of Talib's teammates would be happy to see him gone. Is the lockerroom better off with him out of there? I think he lacks leadership, always has been a person of very poor character, and basically is a thug who plays football.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 14, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »

Who was the guy who argues with me about Talib being a "great teammate".. That was inaccurate lol

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

BucFanHudson31

Starter

« #3 : October 14, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »

"We are disappointed to learn that Aqib Talib will be suspended for four games, which will begin with our game tomorrow against Kansas City," Schiano said in the team’s statement.
\

How about "We are disapointed in Talib

Damn Shiano,and I'm sure doug Martin will get 20 carries for 50 Yards todays..Freaking Bone head.Talib should Be cut immediately

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #4 : October 14, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »

Dom needs to show some toughness for once in his tenure and cut this clown even if Schiano is against it.  He needs to redeem himself from giving Tanard an extension 1 week after he served a 1 year suspension.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : October 15, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »

Coach Schiano has a double standard for Talib. He's a good player, good to have on the team, so the team will give him a pass.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 15, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »

I dont know what they will decide to do. Honestly none of us know Talib or how he has been with the new regime so only Schiano and guys in OBP know. I dont think he will be resigned but Ive been wrong plenty of times.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

« #7 : October 15, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »

I think they should bring him back when the suspension is over, and then let him walk after the season. Let him sign elsewhere.
They counted on him this season, he'll be gone 4 games, but they need his talent back on the field. Cutting him now will hurt the team the second half of the season.
Find someone to replace him in the offseason via FA or the draft. If Dom resigns him, he should have his head examined.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 15, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »

I agree ESPN, let Yasinskas walk...oh damn..its another PY post.

Anyway...IMO, Talib is a goner...no matter how he plays when he returns.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 15, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »

I tend to agree with the sentiment for the most part, but ......

Winslow was obviously anti Schiano from the get go and didn't seem to make any attempt to buy in at all, Tanard was on his 3rd drug offense, and had obviously did not try very hard to rehab correctly. Talib on the other hand does seem to have responded to Schiano and has tried hard. PR has said so on a number of occasions. It is also frequently reported that despite his gruff stuff and style,  he (Schiano) cares about his players. If he thinks Talib is really trying and just messed up, and could still be "redeemed" I think there is a possibility he will stay. Pure speculation of course but just trying to be objective.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

« #10 : October 15, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »

Winslow was obviously anti Schiano from the get go and didn't seem to make any attempt to buy in at all, Tanard was on his 3rd drug offense, and had obviously did not try very hard to rehab correctly. Talib on the other hand does seem to have responded to Schiano and has tried hard. PR has said so on a number of occasions. It is also frequently reported that despite his gruff stuff and style,  he (Schiano) cares about his players. If he thinks Talib is really trying and just messed up, and could still be "redeemed" I think there is a possibility he will stay. Pure speculation of course but just trying to be objective.

This. Not to mention adderall is nothing like weed and it's his first offense of this type.

Adderall is not recreational and was most likely used to help him focus on learning the plays/watch film. I concede that it was dumb for him not to have a prescription, but I don't think we should cut him this season. Evaluate his body of work at the end of the season, determine his worth, hear his offer, then decide whether or not to let him walk based on that.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 15, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »

Who was the guy who argues with me about Talib being a "great teammate".. That was inaccurate lol

how so? all accounts are that Talib is well liked by everyone at OBP. Unless youre trying to suggest his suspension changes their opinion of what he does in practice and on the field?

People who are waiting for something to happen are going to be waiting a long time. Schiano, Talib, and the Bucs new about this before the season started. The suspension was just handed down. If Schiano was going "to make a statement" by cutting or trading him, they would have already

Like always, Talib does everything right as far as what teammates or coaches ask of him on the field and practice. He plays hard, studies hard, and has his guys back. Its the off the field stuff that haunt him and it continues to hurt himself and the Bucs.

Who was the guy arguing adderall was nothing and is now blasting a guy about being a teammate for taking it?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 15, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »

"Adderall is not recreational... "

Thou hast no clue.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #13 : October 15, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »

Pat has been saying get rid of Talib since the cab incident. He probably already had most of this article finished waiting for Talibs next screw up.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #14 : October 15, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »

While some people want to believe Winslow and Jackson were sent packing because they weren't "Schiano Men", it could very be (and this is what I hope) that they were sent packing because they aren't worth the trouble.  At least Talib is still an NFL caliber CB, whenever he isn't busy being Hakeem Nicks' **CENSORED** anyway.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas..........Let him Walk « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools