Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unofficial Official Chiefs vs. Buccaneers Game Day thread! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 43 44 45

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#660 : October 14, 2012, 11:37:36 PM

Plenty more ridiculous posts from the clueless poster and others in the earlier pages. Good stuff.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#661 : October 14, 2012, 11:38:09 PM

Freeman's receivers made him look good today.....he's still not able to put the ball in locations for his guys....just look at that deep ball to V-Jax that forced him to completely turn over the the opposite shoulder to even have a chance (which he didn't).....and also that 3rd down throw that skipped almost 10 yards in front of the intended receiver (can't remember who it was)....just brutal by NFL standards. I'm not being negative....I'm being realistic......the guy doesn't appear to be the real deal.

The throw to Jackson was probably Jackson's fault because there's no way the play should be intended inside where the safety could get to it. Jackson turned the wrong way. The pass in the middle was to Underwood and it appeared that he was waiting for Underwood to make his break and Underwood took longer than expected. That wasn't an inaccurate throw....it was the receiver and QB not being on the same page. Gannon thought it the receivers fault.

SMH...if you say so...if Freeman throws the ball to VJax where it should've been thrown, the safety isn't getting to it...he wasn't even in the picture...as for the other throw, blame the receiver all you want, but that was a brutal throw.

I don't think Free would of been chewing Underwoods azz,  if it was not his fault.   

It appears to me as I watch the games both in person and on TV, Freeman has a tendency to rip players even when he makes mistakes. Say what you want about what Underwood did or didn't do on that play, Freeman threw the ball into the ground.

Have to disagree on that.  Free never rips anyone, in fact,  that has been a knock on him for some here on the board.

He ripped into Underwood pretty good, so as someone already mentioned, I have to believe Underwood was a little tardy on his cut.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#662 : October 14, 2012, 11:39:19 PM

Looks lik JHop is still fighting the bad fight.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#663 : October 14, 2012, 11:44:45 PM

HAHA, I'm clueless yet there are some on here who blamed Lorig for the Freeman's INT today.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#664 : October 15, 2012, 12:16:32 AM

Freeman's receivers made him look good today.....he's still not able to put the ball in locations for his guys....just look at that deep ball to V-Jax that forced him to completely turn over the the opposite shoulder to even have a chance (which he didn't).....and also that 3rd down throw that skipped almost 10 yards in front of the intended receiver (can't remember who it was)....just brutal by NFL standards. I'm not being negative....I'm being realistic......the guy doesn't appear to be the real deal.

The throw to Jackson was probably Jackson's fault because there's no way the play should be intended inside where the safety could get to it. Jackson turned the wrong way. The pass in the middle was to Underwood and it appeared that he was waiting for Underwood to make his break and Underwood took longer than expected. That wasn't an inaccurate throw....it was the receiver and QB not being on the same page. Gannon thought it the receivers fault.

SMH...if you say so...if Freeman throws the ball to VJax where it should've been thrown, the safety isn't getting to it...he wasn't even in the picture...as for the other throw, blame the receiver all you want, but that was a brutal throw.

Not only did I say so, Rich Gannon said so.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#665 : October 15, 2012, 07:46:18 AM

he should be accurate on all his passes.  he's a 1st round draft pick and a supposed franchise QB.

Yep. As we all know, all first round draft pick QBs are accurate on all of their throws.

They aren't  always. But if all else fails just throw up jump balls like Matthew Stafford , and if your WR's are good , everyone will think you are also. Freeman maybe finally learning the Stafford Plan .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#666 : October 15, 2012, 08:15:12 AM

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers are deadly accurate most of the time.

Other top QBs like Eli, Rapistberger, Flacco, Rivers, and Matt Ryan aren't so consistently accurate. It's not that they don't make great accurate throws at times, they do, but most of the time they are just making the right read and throwing it to a general area and they have receivers who make plays. It's more about reading defenses properly and being on the same page with the receivers than perfect accuracy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#667 : October 15, 2012, 09:23:04 AM

That doesn't prove Freeman's accuracy on deep balls, though.

Let's be honest, Freeman isn't dropping the balls into buckets and hitting the WR's in stride on those deep passes.  He's throwing the ball up and letting those guys do what they do best and make plays with the ball in the air - which is exactly what Freeman should be doing.

And plenty of times, he has been very accurate on his deep passes...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap1000000068219/QB-Freeman-to-WR-Jackson-54-yd-pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap2000000068109/QB-Freeman-to-WR-Williams-65-yd-pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap1000000062449/WK-2-Can-t-Miss-Play-Jackson-29-yard-TD-catch

No crap, Joe.  He's also been inaccurate on "plenty" of balls.  That's the point.

EazyE

Second String

#668 : October 15, 2012, 10:45:08 AM

I have a feeling we are going to see Mikey Mike and LGB have a great games.  I don't think KC is going to be a push over, but hopefully with an extra week to prepare Schiano and company will definately have things worked out.  Look at what they were able to accomplish week 1 when they had all of that time to prepare.  Go Bucs!

I called it!  Mikey Mike and LGB were big in this game.
Page: 1 ... 43 44 45
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unofficial Official Chiefs vs. Buccaneers Game Day thread! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools