Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Back to Work for Bowers « previous next »
Page: 1

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

: October 16, 2012, 08:24:26 AM

Back to work

Second-year DE Da'Quan Bowers is slated to return to the practice field Wednesday, five months after tearing an Achilles tendon in the offseason.

Once Bowers practices, the Bucs have three weeks to decide whether to elevate him to the 53-man active roster or put him on injured reserve for the remainder of the season.

"We'll do some stuff the rest of this week and we'll observe each day,'' Bucs coach Greg Schiano said. "With situations like this, you really have to play it by ear. It's how he responds to an increased workload. He's done an incredible job with his rehab. If there's any question, we're not going to put him in harm's way.''

Bowers, a second-round pick out of Clemson in 2011, started the final six games of his rookie season at left end.
: October 16, 2012, 08:28:09 AM Jack Rabbit Slim

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 16, 2012, 10:21:19 AM

I always click on your threads because I like your sig.

I do think we'll see Bowers back about week 10-11.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 16, 2012, 10:53:37 AM

Again.....he did NOT tear the tendon. He broke the bone the tendon is attached to. Big difference. A fracture is much easier to recover from.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 16, 2012, 10:55:00 AM

I'm guessing Week 8 vs Vikings.

and yeah - nice sig.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Super Selmon

Starter
#4 : October 16, 2012, 12:53:46 PM

Again.....he did NOT tear the tendon. He broke the bone the tendon is attached to. Big difference. A fracture is much easier to recover from.

Wow this is good news first time I've heard it was a fracture not a tear.

Lets hope he can come back and play well. Do we play him at RDE and leave Bennett, or flip Bennett and play Bowers at his original position? Or do we just rotate him in on passing downs.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 16, 2012, 12:57:43 PM

Hopefully not too soon. If hes fully healthy and ready to play great but if not shelf him for next season. This season might already be in the tank after going 1-3 to start. Teams already gained ground. Im not saying to give up but its gonna be a fight to get back in. Might be best to save him for later in case they do make a come back this season or next season when they really try to make a run. They will need him more in that scenario really. I say rest him up for next year.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 16, 2012, 12:57:53 PM

Another playmaker on defense? I have high faith in Bowers coming back to play in a more disciplined system. Nothing but good things can come of this with the defense playing the way they are now.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#7 : October 16, 2012, 01:11:32 PM

Starting RE asap

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 16, 2012, 01:36:01 PM

Hopefully not too soon. If hes fully healthy and ready to play great but if not shelf him for next season. This season might already be in the tank after going 1-3 to start. Teams already gained ground. Im not saying to give up but its gonna be a fight to get back in. Might be best to save him for later in case they do make a come back this season or next season when they really try to make a run. They will need him more in that scenario really. I say rest him up for next year.

2-3 does not a tanked season make my friend. It's very early still.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 16, 2012, 01:46:44 PM

I'm saying week 8 or 9 he returns.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 16, 2012, 01:49:19 PM

True that...

SD, @Den and  @ATL  all are later in the season and the toughest on our sked currently...  everything else appears very winnable at the moment.   That Thursday night game is ideal for Bowers to take some snaps vs the Vikes.

One of the best things about this season is we know we're going to see something different every week from the Bucs...   fun to watch for certain - cause you know we're going to compete.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#11 : October 16, 2012, 01:51:40 PM

True that...

SD, @Den and  @ATL  all are later in the season and the toughest on our sked currently...  everything else appears very winnable at the moment.   That Thursday night game is ideal for Bowers to take some snaps vs the Vikes.

One of the best things about this season is we know we're going to see something different every week from the Bucs...   fun to watch for certain - cause you know we're going to compete.

+1

Don't rush. If he's ready, turn him loose!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Back to Work for Bowers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools