Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 14, 2012, 11:25:18 PM

Was it Faine that was made fun of for saying Dotson would/could be one of the best tackles in football with time???

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 14, 2012, 11:52:27 PM

Was it Faine that was made fun of for saying Dotson would/could be one of the best tackles in football with time???

Yes it was..............and you were right about Freeman and the # of sacks.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 15, 2012, 12:54:32 AM

Felt like the OL was very good today. The pocket was much more stout with Meridith and I think he may have found himself a home for the rest of the season.

Dotson is a damn good RT, he gave up the sack but didn't really allow any pressure at all the rest of the time. He has been a major upgrade in pass pro.

Yup...was gonna post something similar til I read ^that^...so +1

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 15, 2012, 09:12:43 AM

So Dotson has given up 2 sacks now in what 3  games?   maybe he isn't as good in pass pro as we thought.
Maybe he isn't, but you're talking 2 plays out of almost 100 pass attempts. What happened on those other 98 plays? Sacks can be a shaky way to evaluate an offensive lineman. Pressures and hurries is a better indicator of success.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 15, 2012, 09:16:35 AM

i was watching from a crummy internet feed yesterday - so was dotson really beat that bad on his sack?  seemed that the DL took a very deep rush?  could freeman have stepped up or did he not have a pocket?  or did dotson just get beat like a drum?  thanks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 15, 2012, 09:18:03 AM

I'm getting more and more comfortable with Dotson and Meredith looked good as well. It was nice to see. Blount looked good in his 4th quarter duty. He had some big holes to run through but had great vision to see those holes. I'm hoping we work Blount in more. I also saw that Blount was left in during passing situations and the few plays I watched him, he seemed to do okay is pass protection.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 15, 2012, 09:18:46 AM

So Dotson has given up 2 sacks now in what 3  games?   maybe he isn't as good in pass pro as we thought.
Maybe he isn't, but you're talking 2 plays out of almost 100 pass attempts. What happened on those other 98 plays? Sacks can be a shaky way to evaluate an offensive lineman. Pressures and hurries is a better indicator of success.

I believe that was Tamba who beat Dotson for that sack as well.  He tends to do that to even the best tackles in the league.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 15, 2012, 09:21:12 AM

Dotson has started four games this year, and played in all five.

Felt like the OL was very good today. The pocket was much more stout with Meridith and I think he may have found himself a home for the rest of the season.

Dotson is a damn good RT, he gave up the sack but didn't really allow any pressure at all the rest of the time. He has been a major upgrade in pass pro.

Yup...was gonna post something similar til I read ^that^...so +1

+2

Dotson has been very good at RT thus far.  And Meredith had a good first showing.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 15, 2012, 01:59:36 PM

We've got one player on the entire line playing in the same position as last year and all are in a brand new scheme. 

Some of you "fans" need to be thankful they performed as well as they did.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 15, 2012, 07:21:00 PM

After re-watching the game, I think that might have been Donald Penn's best four quarters of play in the NFL.  He was on point vs. Hail and Houston.

Carl Nicks was Carl Nicks, an absolute stud.

Zuttah didn't suck and wasn't great.

Meredith's pass blocking was pretty damn stout.  He needs to get meaner in the run game.

Dotson has a pretty good game, except for the Hali sack.  The guy is much better than his whiffer of a predecessor.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 15, 2012, 08:23:27 PM

Thanks for the assessment Biggs. I am really excited about Bob Bostad influencing the draft next year. He can get 'HIS' guys over the next several drafts, coach them up over time and in a few years, have a stud line for years to come while the vets eventually transition out. IMHO we are okay at the skill positions. QB/WR/RB but obviously need depth and taalent on the Oline. Now about those TE's.....?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 16, 2012, 07:43:13 AM

No ,  it was Faine that was made fun of for getting rag-dolled every week as a center.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 16, 2012, 10:04:37 AM

This pretty much spells the end of the Trueblood/Joseph combo. 

Time to turn the page.  8)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 16, 2012, 10:08:25 AM

This pretty much spells the end of the Trueblood/Joseph combo. 

Time to turn the page.  8)
That's another $12 million we have to spend if we dump them.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 16, 2012, 10:09:51 AM

Oh well, eat the loss and move on.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools