Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... is it give freeman a break day... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

blackat1515

Second String

: October 15, 2012, 02:18:32 PM

I know it was KC but he looked great yesterday plus there is NO trade freeman talk.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 15, 2012, 02:45:14 PM

I remember my first football season too.

Let's just let things play out a little.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#2 : October 15, 2012, 04:48:03 PM

It's harder for people to talk when he goes for 60%, 300/3/1. They'll be back as soon as he stumbles again.

I'm hoping there's more of this to come.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 15, 2012, 05:00:41 PM

I know it was KC but he looked great yesterday plus there is NO trade freeman talk.
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=75576   http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=75555

Can always count on Morgan to show us the negative stuff.

He wasnt perfect but much better than we have seen so far. Thats encouraging. Like others have said lets see him put some more good games together before anything. He made some mistakes early on but bounced back like he was supposed to. Looking forward to seeing how he does next week vs the Saints.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 15, 2012, 05:10:46 PM

There were also a few balls that shouldve been reeled in to. Guys open getting their hands on the ball and dropping them. Some couple were on the money, a couple were a little off, and one was a bad adjustment to the ball by VJ. Not every single pass is going to be perfect no matter who the QB.

Wrs need to step up their game a little in that department. Freeman went through some reads, used his legs with conviction, and aside from the early INT, made mostly good decisions.

Some of the criticism is deserved, but some are hating just to hate. A guy in our section screamed at Freeman every bad play and did little cheering on his big plays. I knew he was clueless when he started blasting Freeman for throwing the ball away when every WR was covered on a roll out. He screamed "what are you doing Freeman? You suck!" This is the epitome of a vast majority of posters on this board. Like I said, some of its valid, but much of it is just hate.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : October 15, 2012, 05:15:42 PM

Statistics are for haters.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 15, 2012, 05:41:19 PM

You play well and people don't complain about you. What a counter-intuitive concept.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#7 : October 15, 2012, 05:45:44 PM

You play well and people don't complain about you. What a counter-intuitive concept.

lol

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 15, 2012, 05:47:14 PM

There were also a few balls that shouldve been reeled in to. Guys open getting their hands on the ball and dropping them. Some couple were on the money, a couple were a little off, and one was a bad adjustment to the ball by VJ. Not every single pass is going to be perfect no matter who the QB.

Wrs need to step up their game a little in that department. Freeman went through some reads, used his legs with conviction, and aside from the early INT, made mostly good decisions.

Some of the criticism is deserved, but some are hating just to hate. A guy in our section screamed at Freeman every bad play and did little cheering on his big plays. I knew he was clueless when he started blasting Freeman for throwing the ball away when every WR was covered on a roll out. He screamed "what are you doing Freeman? You suck!" This is the epitome of a vast majority of posters on this board. Like I said, some of its valid, but much of it is just hate.

The vast majority?? That's B.S.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 15, 2012, 08:31:50 PM

If Freeman keeps it up the Morris diehards will have to find a new scapegoat.   I have been laughing for weeks at the ridiculous Freeman reactions from most of you people here. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 15, 2012, 09:29:51 PM

If Freeman keeps it up the Morris diehards will have to find a new scapegoat.   I have been laughing for weeks at the ridiculous Freeman reactions from most of you people here.

I can't speak for those who are anti-freeman. I do feel that I can speak for myself and a few others who had, and still have, legitimate criticisms of him and his play. My main beef with the guy is that he rarely plays a complete 4 qtrs of good football and when he does put together one of those games...he never does it for 2-3-4 weeks in a row. That criticism is still active.

Credit to Freeman for his play on Sunday. He was decisive and threw the ball with confidence. It wasn't a stellar performance, but he at least gave his WRs opportunities to go make plays. Will he build on this....we'll see.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 15, 2012, 09:45:54 PM

If it wasn't game 5 of a complete coaching overhaul I would be inclined to agree with you. He has made every throw and hand off necessary to win in this system.  Lets see him put it all together. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 15, 2012, 09:52:11 PM

If it wasn't game 5 of a complete coaching overhaul I would be inclined to agree with you. He has made every throw and hand off necessary to win in this system.  Lets see him put it all together.

?? In weeks 3 and 4?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 15, 2012, 09:59:24 PM

I'm looking at the big picture.  Yes, we lost those weeks but that doesn't mean the team wasn't learning the system.  If the second half play/effort is worse than the first half this season is a failure. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 15, 2012, 10:04:49 PM

I can't speak for those who are anti-freeman. I do feel that I can speak for myself and a few others who had, and still have, legitimate criticisms of him and his play. My main beef with the guy is that he rarely plays a complete 4 qtrs of good football and when he does put together one of those games...he never does it for 2-3-4 weeks in a row. That criticism is still active.

Myself and most of the others on here are aware of Freeman's issues. Yesterday didn't change that. But, unlike yourself and some others, we don't feel the need to harp on it in every post/thread where Freeman's name comes up.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... is it give freeman a break day... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools