Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... is it give freeman a break day... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 16, 2012, 10:02:30 AM

The season isn't over yet and people are blowing their loads lmao.  How about the Pro and Anti Freeman groups let the season play out.

Peace. :)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 16, 2012, 10:20:37 AM

I'm happy. Sunday was lovely. I'm gonna enjoy it another 132 hours.  After that, we'll see.

Wish more folks could be like that. Some just like to complain 24/7.

Very enjoyable Sunday.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : October 16, 2012, 11:08:25 AM

" This coaching staff hasn't yet figured out how to run the ball and you want Freeman to look like Manning out there? I'm trying to keep realistic expectations for this season. "

Pardon me, Mr. Realistic, but who said they were expecting Freeman to look like Manning? Could you tone down the hyperbole? It really doesn't help your case.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 16, 2012, 11:50:10 AM

How dare anyone post about Freeman's inadequacies in a Josh Freeman thread!!!

PS Do some of you get paid to stick up for Josh Freeman? Just curious, how much longer does this guy get to prove he's not a franchise QB? IE, when do the system, not enough weapons, etc type of excuses run out? I mean, this is basically his 4th season in the league. Isn't it time this guy starts showing 1) consistency 2) accuracy and 3) starts winning games?
You are giving Freeman more credit than anyone expecting him to just come out and shine with all of the new changes.  Any thinking person would have to know that after Morris and all of the new changes there will have to be some adjustment time.  This coaching staff hasn't yet figured out how to run the ball and you want Freeman to look like Manning out there?  I'm trying to keep realistic expectations for this season.  That includes a much improved and crisp second half. This is playing out just like I wanted it to.

Adjustment time? Ok...possibly, but again, there is no excuse for inaccuracy.

When Freeman was good 2 yrs ago, it was all "Freeman is a franchise QB...finally, this team has a great QB...etc." Last year when Freeman was terrible, the excuses started up again..."Olson is a terrible OC...the defense stinks so we can't blame Freeman...etc." How come Olson got most of the blame for last season, but Freeman got most of the credit for 2010? When Freeman was good in 2010, it was all him and not the OC, yet when Freeman stunk last season it was because of the terrible OC and awful team around him. Uh, can't have it both ways.

Bottom line, it's time for Josh Freeman to show some consistency and accuracy. I think he had a decent game on Sunday. The TD throw to Mike Will was an ok pass...Mike Will made a great play on the ball. The TD throws to VJax were good passes. A few of the bad throws that stick out to me are the deep pass to VJax when he threw it to the outside while VJax was looking inside, the ball he basically threw into the ground when Underwood was wide open and obviously the INT.

PS I am realistic so please don't ASSUME I want Freeman to look like Manning.
: October 16, 2012, 11:52:20 AM jhop88

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 16, 2012, 12:34:10 PM

How dare anyone post about Freeman's inadequacies in a Josh Freeman thread!!!

PS Do some of you get paid to stick up for Josh Freeman? Just curious, how much longer does this guy get to prove he's not a franchise QB? IE, when do the system, not enough weapons, etc type of excuses run out? I mean, this is basically his 4th season in the league. Isn't it time this guy starts showing 1) consistency 2) accuracy and 3) starts winning games?

#blasphemy

I want to like Freeman, I really do...this team isn't going anywhere if he doesn't perform well.

That being said, I watched him a lot in college and didn't think he was accurate enough to be a franchise NFL QB. When the Bucs drafted him, I'm not gonna lie, I was disappointed, but started to warm up to him after his 2nd season. Here we sit 21 games later and to say he's regressed from that season would be an understatement. Call me crazy, but I just don't see the consistency and/or the accuracy from Freeman that will ever allow him to be labeled a franchise QB. His completion % this season is 55%...sorry, that's not gonna get it done.

I don't even dislike Freeman. It would be the best thing for the franchise if he pans out and ends up being a consistent QB who gives this team the best chance to win. Personally, I just don't think he will carry this team to the playoffs..much less a championship. I thought he played pretty well this last Sunday. He actually took shots and gave his receivers good opportunities to go up and make a play. I was encouraged by that. Do I still think there is a ceiling on Freeman when it comes to accuracy, mechanics, reading defenses, etc? Absolutely....but it is still possible for him to prove that wrong. I rarely see anyone calling for his head now. Nearly everyone is on board for having him play the year out, to see how he does. The reactions from people saying that "people are expecting Tom Brady or Peyton Manning" or "all you people do is rag on Freeman"...is as lum said it...hyperbole.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 16, 2012, 12:38:06 PM

Well I mean the criticism is fair. None of us disagree with that but to constantly do it is just flat out annoying. I can see where some were coming from with that. Freeman has this year to show the coaching staff if he can be the guy and all the talk about whether he will or wont is just talk. Theres still plenty of football to be played with him.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 16, 2012, 01:14:49 PM

Well I mean the criticism is fair. None of us disagree with that but to constantly do it is just flat out annoying. I can see where some were coming from with that. Freeman has this year to show the coaching staff if he can be the guy and all the talk about whether he will or wont is just talk. Theres still plenty of football to be played with him.

So if I am having a convo with another user in a thread about Freeman...I'm not allowed to bring up a criticism because I may have said something similar in a different thread?
If there are multiple Freeman thread dealing with different issues of his game or how he fits into the future...there is only a certain amount of postings that are allowed that aren't made of gum drops and rainbows?

Give me a break. There are trolls and people who flame about Freeman, no doubt. If some of you want to put people who discuss Freeman critically in Freeman threads in the troll category, then go right ahead. It's inaccurate though. Just because a similar Freeman opinion pops up, doesn't mean that it wasn't in direct response to someone or disagreeing with a certain post. I will not change the way I discuss Freeman.

The freedom to use the red X is one that we all share.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 16, 2012, 01:19:07 PM

So if I am having a convo with another user in a thread about Freeman...I'm not allowed to bring up a criticism because I may have said something similar in a different thread?
If there are multiple Freeman thread dealing with different issues of his game or how he fits into the future...there is only a certain amount of postings that are allowed that aren't made of gum drops and rainbows?

Give me a break. There are trolls and people who flame about Freeman, no doubt. If some of you want to put people who discuss Freeman critically in Freeman threads in the troll category, then go right ahead. It's inaccurate though. Just because a similar Freeman opinion pops up, doesn't mean that it wasn't in direct response to someone or disagreeing with a certain post. I will not change the way I discuss Freeman.

The freedom to use the red X is one that we all share.

I dont care what you do. I just agree that constant bashing of him is annoying. Because I know the guy still has plenty of time to turn his game around. Doesnt matter how much you bash him or give him props. Theres still plenty of football to be played.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 16, 2012, 01:37:35 PM

...and what you consider "bashing" may not be what others consider bashing.

Of course there is plenty of football to be played....

Does that mean that all praises and critiques have to be held in suppression until the season is complete?

Nope.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 16, 2012, 01:39:21 PM

Freeman played like he should have, therefore.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 16, 2012, 02:05:42 PM

Does that mean that all praises and critiques have to be held in suppression until the season is complete?
Nope.

Ill say it again. I dont care what you do. I just know that CONSTANT bashing is annoying. Criticism and praise is fine. Too much is just annoying. If you feel like you have to constantly say in every Freeman thread how bad you think he is and that you think this will be the last season he will play go ahead. Its still down right annoying though.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 16, 2012, 02:13:24 PM

Nope.

Ill say it again. I don't care what you do. I just know that CONSTANT bashing is annoying. Criticism and praise is fine. Too much is just annoying. If you feel like you have to constantly say in every Freeman thread how bad you think he is and that you think this will be the last season he will play go ahead. Its still down right annoying though.

That question that you put in bold was to the statement of "there is plenty of football to be played". In the context of which you were saying that, it sounded as if you were saying that since there is plenty of football to be played...opinions can be thrown out altogether...I was disagreeing with that thought, if that's what you meant.

It had nothing to do with how I post...we've already covered that. Constant bashing is annoying...go direct your crusade toward someone who is actually constantly bashing.
: October 16, 2012, 02:15:31 PM chace1986

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#42 : October 16, 2012, 02:37:31 PM

Do you find the people who constantly excuse annoying as well, or is that more tolerable to you?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 16, 2012, 02:48:12 PM

Nope.

Ill say it again. I don't care what you do. I just know that CONSTANT bashing is annoying. Criticism and praise is fine. Too much is just annoying. If you feel like you have to constantly say in every Freeman thread how bad you think he is and that you think this will be the last season he will play go ahead. Its still down right annoying though.

That question that you put in bold was to the statement of "there is plenty of football to be played". In the context of which you were saying that, it sounded as if you were saying that since there is plenty of football to be played...opinions can be thrown out altogether...I was disagreeing with that thought, if that's what you meant.

It had nothing to do with how I post...we've already covered that. Constant bashing is annoying...go direct your crusade toward someone who is actually constantly bashing.

Yea I was really just agreeing with the people earlier in the thread. Your right you've been fine. Last week was quite annoying though. Every post freeman sucks blah blah. I agree its annoying to do it the other way too. In the end you do whatevr you want. At least you know how i feel about it.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 16, 2012, 05:07:13 PM

" This coaching staff hasn't yet figured out how to run the ball and you want Freeman to look like Manning out there? I'm trying to keep realistic expectations for this season. "

Pardon me, Mr. Realistic, but who said they were expecting Freeman to look like Manning? Could you tone down the hyperbole? It really doesn't help your case.
Are we arguing semantics or is the point not valid?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... is it give freeman a break day... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools