Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... is it give freeman a break day... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 17, 2012, 06:27:16 AM

I don't hate Freeman. I just want him to play like Sunday more than once every two years. Furthermore, I find any nitpicking against our receivers silly. VJ Mw Tiquan were fabulous. I'm not asking him to be a top five QB. But I am asking that he be above average. So I'm happy. Sunday was lovely. I'm gonna enjoy it another 132 hours.  After that, we'll see.

+1...even on the words "fabulous" and "lovely".  ;)
Some people find flowers and sunsets and moonlit walks lovely. That's fine. But I find 328-yard passing games by my quarterback and 28-point just as much so. Probably not what Keats had in mind when he wrote "Endymion"" but then again he died young and never got to see the NFL. Byron OTOH probably would have dug it.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 17, 2012, 06:32:42 AM

Freeman has flat out stunk for vast portions of this season.  He simply has.  He needs to rectify his situation, and his time is running out quickly, IMO.  He keeps playing like he is replaceable, and he will most likely be replaced. 

But he had a decent game, in terms of throwing it deep, and actually moving a little bit, rather than standing around like Tim Couch.  He drove me nuts from time to time, but he was a positive force on the offense, but that beats the long periods of garbage we have to watch regarding 5.  But is this a part of the "tease"?  We will see Sunday.  Against a division foe that is limping right now, against their absolutely ugly defense.

Freeman needs a huge game come Sunday.  In terms of keeping the ball moving, keeping drives alive by any means necessary, not turtling up, and not being afraid to throw the ball deep.  He still needs to read the field better.  But he looked comfortable Sunday.  Perhaps Meredith was that big of a deal.  Larsen just reeked of sissy.
Quite true. Remember when 5 was throwing all those nice deep passes against Arizona two years ago? Where did that guy go? He still exists but why show up so infrequently? I don't think it's unreasonable to ask your quarterback to have a big game against the defense we'll face Sunday. Obviously it's not all him, but get us to 3 and 3. Make November somehow relevant.

In Verner We Trust

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#62 : October 17, 2012, 07:22:33 AM

one above average(for him atleast) half isn't enough for me anymore. freeman needs consistency. chiefs are horrible, and are D played well.
How can the chiefs be that poor when they were in the top 10 in defense before we played them?  They kept QBs like Brees, Flacco, Rivers, all in check.

Didn't you know? The Chiefs D sucked! LOL at the idiots who rely on making up crap to support their opinion. Freeman had a decent game against a
solid D. Don't like it? Too effing bad.

If we had a good back-up, I would have pulled Freeman and gave him a shot by now. But, IMO, we don't. Dan O isn't the answer. Unless you're the one jackass troll who thinks he is.

So, since Freeman is the only answer for this year, I don't feel the need to **CENSORED** and moan about his struggles every day on these boards. Others do.

To say that I "piss and moan" everyday about Freeman's struggles is a bit of a stretch. I'm only on here 2x a week or so?

It's funny that when you post a few critical remarks about the guy....the you are always pissing and moaning or "bashing" Freeman.

...a bunch of Chris Crockers around here..

"LEAVE FREEMAN ALONE!!!"

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 17, 2012, 01:18:33 PM

one above average(for him atleast) half isn't enough for me anymore. freeman needs consistency. chiefs are horrible, and are D played well.
How can the chiefs be that poor when they were in the top 10 in defense before we played them?  They kept QBs like Brees, Flacco, Rivers, all in check.

Didn't you know? The Chiefs D sucked! LOL at the idiots who rely on making up crap to support their opinion. Freeman had a decent game against a
solid D. Don't like it? Too effing bad.

If we had a good back-up, I would have pulled Freeman and gave him a shot by now. But, IMO, we don't. Dan O isn't the answer. Unless you're the one jackass troll who thinks he is.

So, since Freeman is the only answer for this year, I don't feel the need to **CENSORED** and moan about his struggles every day on these boards. Others do.

To say that I "piss and moan" everyday about Freeman's struggles is a bit of a stretch. I'm only on here 2x a week or so?

It's funny that when you post a few critical remarks about the guy....the you are always pissing and moaning or "bashing" Freeman.

...a bunch of Chris Crockers around here..

"LEAVE FREEMAN ALONE!!!"

Known facts:

1) QB is the most important position on a football team.

2) This team will only go as far as Freeman takes them.

3) This is a message board.

How dare people on this message board criticize Josh Freeman more than once/week!!! 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#64 : October 17, 2012, 04:06:58 PM

I wasn't referring to you.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... is it give freeman a break day... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools