Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark is frustrated « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: October 17, 2012, 01:21:27 AM

Schiano says Dallas Clark is frustrated

Posted by Mike Florio on October 16, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
   ProFootballTalk

AP

The Buccaneers have won two games and played well in others but one new arrival isnt having a great time, yet.

Veteran tight end Dallas Clark is frustrated, and coach Greg Schiano knows it.

I want to get Dallas [Clark] more involved, myself. But you know what, when things are there you take them, Schiano told WDAE radio in Tampa on Monday, via JoeBucsFan.com.  And I think whats going to happen here soon, theres going to be a lot more over-the-top coverage, which is whats natural to happen when guys are making plays down the field.   That opens up the middle of the defense.

Clark has only nine catches in five games, for only 81 yards.  Its a far cry from the kind of numbers that Clark generated during his time with the Colts.

I know hes frustrated, Schiano said regarding Clark.  Heck, hes been such a productive player for so long.  But you wouldnt be able to tell it by the way hes acting on the sideline, and in the practice and in the meeting rooms. Certainly, Im hoping we can get him the ball and he can feel personal satisfaction as well as team satisfaction. But he knows how much he means to this team and how hes playing a big, big part. Itll happen.  It always does. It goes in cycles.

The cycle has yet to swing in Clarks favor.  And its hard not to wonder whether he finds it hard not to wonder whether things would have been different if hed followed Peyton Manning to Denver.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 17, 2012, 06:11:48 AM

I hope this is just an article for the sake of the writer needing something to write.

I don't see Clark being that type of player.. didn't think we had another Winslow on our hands

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 17, 2012, 06:42:25 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Myron Lewis is frustrated.  ::)

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 17, 2012, 07:42:01 AM

I'd love to see more Clark , less Puke Stocker . Stocker makes John Gimore look explosive in the passing game .  But I guess we need the extra blocker...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 17, 2012, 07:46:05 AM

How can anyone be surprised by this?  The guy is beat.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 17, 2012, 07:46:54 AM

I'm fine with us using our WR as much as we do. Heck in past years it appeared we were unable to complete a pass on the outside. This year we've been making huge gains on the outside so I'm happy. I do think we need to use Clark more in the passing game and certainly more on 3rd down but it'll come. This offense has looked out of sync and like we were randomly calling plays until the 2nd half of the Skins game so we all have to hang in there. I don't see Dallas Clark as being a guy who is complaining about touches.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Ms Elam

Starter

#6 : October 17, 2012, 09:30:04 AM

Well let him be frustrated then. I got tired of seeing Winslow in 3 receiver sets when there is much faster and more athletic receivers sitting on the sideline. Clark was a product of the machine known as Peyton Manning. This guy should block and be happy he still has a job.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 17, 2012, 09:49:29 AM

He should be thankful he's still in the NFL. No other team wanted him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 17, 2012, 10:09:45 AM

I was really hoping for more from Clark. It's sad when you can't tell the difference between Lorig and Clark because they are both about the same size, speed, close to the same number, and running the same routes.

JohnBuc06

Starter

#9 : October 17, 2012, 10:14:31 AM

I think Clark, and the other TE's will get their shots as the season moves on as long as teams start having to respect the deep ball on our WR's.  Clark is not one of those TE that can beat you one on one but he is smart and will find the openings in the zones that we're sure to see more of. 

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 17, 2012, 10:16:54 AM

I am sure he thought he was going to come here and light it up this season. Considering his resume, I can see how he is frustrated considering what he can do. Hopefully that'll change during the season.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 17, 2012, 10:17:15 AM

I was really hoping for more from Clark. It's sad when you can't tell the difference between Lorig and Clark because they are both about the same size, speed, close to the same number, and running the same routes.

Weird but true.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 17, 2012, 01:44:16 PM

It's a MISTAKE not to be utilizing Dallas Clark, and a SIGN of how poor Josh Freeman has been playing.  With that said, I can only HOPE Freeman can read his progressions without locking on to a receiver and putting the ball into the hands of some of the most talented group of receivers/tight ends/running backs we have ever had in Tampa.  This offense is ready to EXPLODE, but it ALL starts with Josh Freeman.

I certainly liked what I saw on Sunday, but again...can he string together consistent play from week to week, year to year?  If not, then why have we ever even considered labeling him a "Franchise" QB?

Can't wait for Sunday and the Saints!!!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 17, 2012, 01:44:44 PM

He should be thankful he's still in the NFL. No other team wanted him.

Agree, not all that impressed.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DailyRich68

Starter
#14 : October 17, 2012, 03:39:25 PM

It's interesting that nowhere in that piece does Clark himself say he's "frustrated" or "isn't have a great time," but that's how Florio chooses to lead off the article.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark is frustrated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools