Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The resurrection of #5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 18, 2012, 09:27:27 AM

On Sunday at 1:00pm, the second week of Josh Freeman's resurrection begins. Let's go #5! Any guesses on a statline gentleman?

Guess on stat line: 18 for 28 220 yds 1TD, 1 INT.

I would like to see a Josh Freeman reformation instead of a resurrection. That implies that we want him at 2010 level. He needs to be a better QB than he was in 2010 for this team to want to make some noise. The stats this year are heavily influenced by opportunity balls. By no means am I against or ragging on him because of that...we have the WRs who can go up and make plays happen. Eventually though, he will have to use the whole field instead of just sidelines downfield or the short dumpoffs 3-5 yards past the LOS.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 18, 2012, 09:30:57 AM

18-34 / 275 yards / 2 TD's / 3 INT's

Theoldbuc

Starter

#17 : October 18, 2012, 10:23:01 AM

18-34 / 275 yards / 2 TD's / 3 INT's

Freeman at home vs Saints
2011                  23/41   303   2   0
2010                       25/43   219   1   0
2009                       17/33     126 1      3

I got a feeling he's going to ring the 300 bell again 3 tds w/o a pick.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 18, 2012, 10:38:03 AM

240 yards, 2 TD's & 1 INT (he always throws a damn INT, hopefully not this week)*

That rountine 1 INT worked for B Johnson pretty well. I was even rooting for the Eagles to pick him off early... gave ' me' confidence, lol

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 18, 2012, 11:28:13 AM

Up to this point he has 8 TD's, 5 Int's, avg 7.7 yards per pass attempt. Comp Pct is 55.2

How in the HELL can that can be ABOVE AVG numbers!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 18, 2012, 01:00:50 PM

Up to this point he has 8 TD's, 5 Int's, avg 7.7 yards per pass attempt. Comp Pct is 55.2

How in the HELL can that can be ABOVE AVG numbers!

#freemanapologists

benir0

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 18, 2012, 01:33:48 PM

At least the 8 TDs part is good. Only seven QBs have more than 8 TDs....and they are the usual suspects considered elite...and almost all of them have played one more game than Josh. Really hope the passing game continues to evolve and improve. When it comes right down to it, everything really depends on Josh and the passing game.

I love the optimism oin the boards after a win.  I feel like I can post again!  Ha!

Anyway, I just look for us to continue to become a balanced offensive team.  We needed to show some spark through the air and then...like magic...the running game started to work.  Freeman needs to pla smart, and show some decisiveness on the short and intermediate stuff.  If that happens, I think we can control the ball and win this game.  We'll set ourselves up to run the ball well in the second half again.  Hopefully from the first snap, actually.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 18, 2012, 05:34:52 PM

There is good reason to be optimistic. The second half of the Redskins and then the Chiefs game, our offense looked good. If we can get to a point where we consistently play as well as we have the last six quarters, we will have a good shot to win any game.

You know people try to belittle last weeks domination of the Chiefs, but that same exact secondary handled Drew Brees and Joe Flacco. That defense held the Ravens to nine points and they beat the Saints in the Dome. That defense was ranked 8th in the league. It was just one game, but people belittling the victory by saying the Chiefs are horrible are just full of ish. The Chiefs have had a solid defense and great running game all year. The reason they are 1-5 is because the QB sucks and has turned the ball over 15 times.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 18, 2012, 05:47:36 PM

There is good reason to be optimistic. The second half of the Redskins and then the Chiefs game, our offense looked good. If we can get to a point where we consistently play as well as we have the last six quarters, we will have a good shot to win any game.

You know people try to belittle last weeks domination of the Chiefs, but that same exact secondary handled Drew Brees and Joe Flacco. That defense held the Ravens to nine points and they beat the Saints in the Dome. That defense was ranked 8th in the league. It was just one game, but people belittling the victory by saying the Chiefs are horrible are just full of ish. The Chiefs have had a solid defense and great running game all year. The reason they are 1-5 is because the QB sucks and has turned the ball over 15 times.

To the bold. Offensively...we were pretty ugly in the first half of the Chiefs game. Credit to them for blowing the doors off in the second half and for the second game in a row making good adjustments at the half. We are still waiting on seeing 4 qtrs of good offensive play...but that might be unrealistic because even the elite offenses have trouble accomplishing that feat.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 18, 2012, 09:30:35 PM

Watching the highlights, the game wasn't as good as the stats looked. He did what worked in 2010 - toss up some trash and hope his guys some down with it. That's not a really repeatable process so I don't expect him to have all that great a game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

McCoy93

Starter

#25 : October 18, 2012, 09:46:12 PM

That is pretty much his game; throw it up and have his wideouts fight for the ball. luckily we have jackson and williams who are good at that

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 18, 2012, 10:12:45 PM

Watching the highlights, the game wasn't as good as the stats looked. He did what worked in 2010 - toss up some trash and hope his guys some down with it. That's not a really repeatable process so I don't expect him to have all that great a game.

He wasn't tossing up into trash. He was tossing it up to single coverage and letting Jackson and Williams beat the defender. That is repeatable and it's what all the good teams do. Not every throw, but every time there is single coverage deep.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 18, 2012, 11:02:48 PM

He wasn't tossing up into trash. He was tossing it up to single coverage and letting Jackson and Williams beat the defender. That is repeatable and it's what all the good teams do. Not every throw, but every time there is single coverage deep.

Agree. Single coverage is what they want on these guys. I'll take Mike Williams or VJack in single coverage any day and just have 6'6 Freeman throw it up for them. If the run game keeps it up and Underwood keeps making some plays they will keep seeing the same single coverage on those guys. Which will mean more big plays for the offense.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 19, 2012, 12:54:51 AM

26 for 45 for 311 yards, four touchdowns, one INT. Bucs win 41-34.

In Verner We Trust

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 19, 2012, 07:29:16 AM

...and if we keep successfully throwing it up deep whenever we get single coverage, defenses will be forced to play their safeties deep which will really help the run game come to life.

I saw Jackson was added to the injury list on Thursday for a calf injury though, so that sucks.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The resurrection of #5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools