Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: NO BLACKOUT FOR BUCS VS. SAINTS GAME « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nitey

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 21, 2012, 07:44:47 AM

I guess the economy magically got better in Tampa within a couple of weeks, and people started having less things to do around the area.

Actually, what I believe happened is that the Ray's season is over and the Lightning's season is locked out making the Bucs the only sporting event in the city at the moment. This factor, along with the fact that the Bucs have played well in all their first 5 games has (IMO) increased the casual fan count just enough to get to the 85% mark for the game. It also helps that the Saints game has become a rivalry of sorts in the last several years. We do usually play them well each season and it helps that the Saints are a bit down on their luck as well. I'm sure there will be a pretty large compliment of Saints fans at the game expecting to see the Saints beat up on our Bucs.

The Bucs have a good chance to steal back some of the casual fan market with a win today and competitive play through the rest of the year as long as the Lightning Hockey season is on hold.

That's just my opinion, but I think it's mostly the reason this game is will probably be a close to a real sellout with the walk up crowd.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : October 21, 2012, 07:48:43 AM

The Glazers and/or USF bought up a big block of tickets this week, gave them to USF students at $15 a tix.  You'll see the college kids in full force up in the 300-level today.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 21, 2012, 07:58:28 AM

The Glazers and/or USF bought up a big block of tickets this week, gave them to USF students at $15 a tix.  You'll see the college kids in full force up in the 300-level today.

Look for some good drunken fights up there.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 21, 2012, 06:07:06 PM

WhoDats definitely had what looked to be 50% of the stadium filled. Where did all of those WhoDats come from? Katrina showed us that they're too damn poor - how in the world did they pay $$$ for tickets anyway?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 21, 2012, 06:17:28 PM

there were some nasty ho's walking around the stadium in WhoDat gear  -nasty even by your standards - where did these people come from - they don't look American

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 22, 2012, 12:28:05 AM

there were some nasty ho's walking around the stadium in WhoDat gear  -nasty even by your standards - where did these people come from - they don't look American

I'm not sure, maybe Africa?   Do you have a picture of them? 

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 22, 2012, 12:28:58 AM

WhoDats definitely had what looked to be 50% of the stadium filled.

they didn't show them on TV.   Are you sure about 50%?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 22, 2012, 06:33:05 PM

Saints game was far from being sold out. Think they said attendance was 59k, but believe me, there were thousands of open seats all around the upper deck, and diagonal endzones. I really believe that unless the Bucs start some sort of long winning streak, the rest of the way will mean blackouts. Maybe the Eagles game will get to the 85%, but I doubt it. The Glazers will have to buy a large number of tix fo that game to be televised locally.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 22, 2012, 06:40:31 PM

Classy

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 22, 2012, 06:45:16 PM

LOL - I missed that one. Looked like members of the Romney 47%, that's fo sho.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: NO BLACKOUT FOR BUCS VS. SAINTS GAME « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools