Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hilarious -- even if you're a liberal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 23, 2012, 06:35:20 PM

Well that sounds good, but I'm going to vote for Obama anyway. I want our debt to be so large all the money in the world won't pay it off. No way Romney can accomplish that.

Based on what? The Republican Party's stellar record on fiscal responsibility?  ???

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 23, 2012, 10:25:40 PM

That Romney comedy bit was excellent.   That dude has my vote.

Of course he does......like anyone had to bother to ask.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : October 24, 2012, 12:33:32 AM

Anyone who makes over 100k a year should vote for Romney.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 24, 2012, 08:55:48 AM

Anyone who ever wants to make over 100k a year should vote for Romney.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 24, 2012, 09:04:58 AM

Anyone who ever wants to make over 100k a year should vote for Romney.

Based on what? The Republican Party's stellar record on creating income equality?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 24, 2012, 09:18:48 AM

I don't want income equality. I expect to make more than people who don't produce as much as I do.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 24, 2012, 09:24:27 AM

I don't want income equality. I expect to make more than people who don't produce as much as I do.

And that didn't happen under Obama?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 24, 2012, 09:55:26 AM

It did not.    My salary increased the last 4 years, but my net worth did not.    I'm not making as much interest on my money, the dollar has fallen, and I'm paying more tax.   The programs Obama has put in place have zero positive effect on me.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 24, 2012, 09:56:47 AM

I can understand if you are on welfare, you would want to vote for Obama.   Otherwise, I don't see any sense in voting for him.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 24, 2012, 10:19:46 AM

It did not.    My salary increased the last 4 years, but my net worth did not.    I'm not making as much interest on my money, the dollar has fallen, and I'm paying more tax.   The programs Obama has put in place have zero positive effect on me.

Who invests for interest anymore?  Low interest rates benefit a lot of people (car purchases, home purchases). Also allows the gov't to refinance its debt.

A weak dollar overseas makes our exports more enticing. A weak dollar works better for our debts to other countries.   The goal isn't to make the dollar stronger so ex-patriates can get more for their dollar overseas.

Hopefully you invested into the market, rather than holding your money into CDs or savings accounts for interest rates.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 24, 2012, 10:25:13 AM

Interesting, given that Obama hasn't raised taxes. The only tax increases he's put in place are related to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and most of those don't go into effect until 2018.

But regardless, your comment is still incorrect. You may not have seen your net worth increase as it did prior to the Global Financial Crisis, but you still made more than "people who don't produce as much as you do." To claim that you didn't is asinine.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 24, 2012, 04:58:58 PM

The weak dollar is a huge problem in my opinion.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 24, 2012, 05:12:01 PM

I visited London last week on vacation.    Try going there with the current US dollar.    You can't buy much.   It's embarrassing how weak our currency is these days.    If you exchange 100 usd, you will get 51 pounds.   That's disgusting.   I had lunch at KFC in London, we had 2 meal deals with 2 pieces of chicken a coke and french fries each.   That cost about $25 USD there.   

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 24, 2012, 05:13:16 PM

I visited London last week on vacation.    Try going there with the current US dollar.    You can't buy much.   It's embarrassing how weak our currency is these days.    If you exchange 100 usd, you will get 51 pounds.   That's disgusting.   I had lunch at KFC in London, we had 2 meal deals with 2 pieces of chicken a coke and french fries each.   That cost about $25 USD there.

<3 Potato Wedges

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 24, 2012, 05:16:21 PM

Just think of the tourist that come to the US because their currency buys more. Just think of how our country pays off their debts to other countries. A weak dollar benefits us in a lot of ways internationally. Your example is probably the least of our govt's worries in keeping a stronger currency.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hilarious -- even if you're a liberal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools