Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: is there any question who won the debate « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

: October 19, 2012, 06:03:44 PM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 19, 2012, 06:05:19 PM

A   month or two  ago didn't UFOJoe use this map to state Romney didn't have a chance in hell?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 20, 2012, 12:47:13 PM

Here's what I gather from that map:

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 20, 2012, 01:20:15 PM

A   month or two  ago didn't UFOJoe use this map to state Romney didn't have a chance in hell?

I don't think I used that map but I DID think the race was all but over. Obama's first debate changed that in a big way.

I have no problem admitting that I was wrong on this being all but over.

IMO, Romney clearly won that first debate. He was good and Obama sucked. That surprised me. Romney's numbers soared after that.

IMO, Obama won the 2nd one but he wasn't as dominating as Romney was in the first. Obama took back some voters and now the race is very close.

For the best election coverage, check out Nate Silver's work. He nailed it in 2008. Not sure if he'll nail it again but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/author/nate-silver

Right now, he gives Obama a 68% chance of winning vs. 32% for Romney.

For me, I'm looking forward to the four 3rd party candidates' debate next week. Right now, I'm voting for Gary Johnson. That could change by election day.

Here's a mini-debate featuring Johnson and Jill Stein. It's about 8 minutes.

: October 20, 2012, 01:22:17 PM ufojoe

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 20, 2012, 01:34:44 PM

Gary Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states and he is not allowed to participate in the debates .  Something is seriously wrong with that.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 20, 2012, 02:21:18 PM

Gary Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states and he is not allowed to participate in the debates .  Something is seriously wrong with that.

It's a joke. Guy is a former governor and would do some major damage to both Obama and Romney if he was allowed to debate. The way
people are pissed off with the status quo, he could possibly win.

When Ross Perot put a scare into the Ds and Rs in 1992, by getting 19% of the popular vote, the Ds and Rs took over the election commission
and made it very difficult for any more 3rd party candidates to get into the final debates. And we put up with it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 20, 2012, 02:49:25 PM

Perot received 19% in 1992. He was a bit kooky and crazy. Imagine if Johnson was allowed into all of the debates and had equal media coverage?
He'd be a problem for R and O. That's why he's not allowed into the debates.

Bookert1905

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 20, 2012, 04:35:01 PM

This is why our government is a joke and will be until the people force a change. There is no reason why a country of 300 million should have to decide on only two idiots to run this country. On top of that, they got that vote because of money.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 21, 2012, 12:13:28 AM

This is why our government is a joke and will be until the people force a change. There is no reason why a country of 300 million should have to decide on only two idiots to run this country. On top of that, they got that vote because of money.
I can somewhat agree with that.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : October 21, 2012, 07:31:12 AM

I thought Romney won in a landslide the first debate and Romney won the 2nd one as well.   Just not by such a huge margin.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 21, 2012, 07:36:18 AM

all I know is the electoral college needs to go.  What a asinine system.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 21, 2012, 12:12:17 PM

Disagree, otherwise the candidates would campaign in Calfornia and New York and that would be it.

With regards to Johnson you have to have a certain percentage in the polls, otherwise every fruitbat and his dog would be eligible to debate.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 21, 2012, 12:50:00 PM

A fruitbat and his dog may be preferable to Obama and Romney anyway.   Let them debate.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 21, 2012, 01:10:35 PM

Disagree, otherwise the candidates would campaign in Calfornia and New York and that would be it.

With regards to Johnson you have to have a certain percentage in the polls, otherwise every fruitbat and his dog would be eligible to debate.
say I live in California and wanted to vote for Romney...why should I even bother?  My vote would be meaningless.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 21, 2012, 01:19:08 PM

say I live in California and wanted to vote for Romney...why should I even bother?  My vote would be meaningless.

Good point.   Obama has the mexican and gay vote.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: is there any question who won the debate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools