Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Re-establishing position « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 21, 2012, 04:35:30 PM

legal bump because freeman was out of the pocket.  I did not know you could bump recievers when the QB was out of the pocket. 

Live and learn.  Great game.

The question isn't about the bump being legal, but the fact that he was bumped/pushed out of bounds, should mean that he could legally enter the field of play and re-establish position.  My guess is that the officials forgot about that part of the rule.  Watch the NFL admit their mistake later this week.

We're used to being screwed with an "oops, our bad" letter from the NFL.

bent09

Starter

#16 : October 21, 2012, 04:36:07 PM

legal bump because freeman was out of the pocket.  I did not know you could bump recievers when the QB was out of the pocket. 

The question isn't about the bump being legal, but the fact that he was bumped/pushed out of bounds, should mean that he could legally enter the field of play and re-establish position.  My guess is that the officials forgot about that part of the rule.  Watch the NFL admit their mistake later this week.

No you can not reestabish your feet and be the first to touch the ball.

BigfootsDik

Second String

#17 : October 21, 2012, 04:36:56 PM

We get screwed because we aren't the popular bandwagen team.  NFL hates us.  If any flag should have been thrown it should have been on the CB that pushed Mikey Mike out of bounds (illegal touching on the defense).

chad1336

Starter

#18 : October 21, 2012, 04:37:30 PM

According to Mike P in the post game show it only goes that way if the QB is in the pocket.  If he is out of the pocket... he is not allowed to be the first player to touch the ball...

Yeah, I don't get it either...

I'm sure Pereira is saying that the bump is legal when the QB is out of the pocket, because the receiver was beyond five yards, which is the normal allowance for bumping.  HOWEVER, the point is Mike Williams should have been able to come back to re-establish his position.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 21, 2012, 04:39:45 PM

Per NFL Rules

(d) An eligible receiver who has been out of bounds prior to or during a pass, even if he has reestablished
himself inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands.

Exception: If an eligible receiver is forced out of bounds by a foul by a defender, including illegal contact,
defensive holding, or defensive pass interference, he will become eligible to legally touch the pass (without
prior touching by another eligible receiver or defender) as soon as he re-establishes himself inbounds with
both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands. See Article 8, Note 3.
(e) A player who takes his stance behind center as a T-formation quarterback is

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 21, 2012, 04:39:57 PM

No you can not reestabish your feet and be the first to touch the ball.

That makes no sense what so ever. Using that logic all defenses would have to do is force players to step out of bounds and then that player would no longer be eligible to catch the ball.

MW was without a shadow doubt pushed put of bounds and he got at least 4 feet down when he came back into the endzone.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 21, 2012, 04:40:52 PM

Per rules, because there was no penalty, (Foul) it's legal. Stupid rule.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 21, 2012, 04:42:14 PM

except he wasn't out of the pocket when the bump occurred

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 21, 2012, 04:42:42 PM

Somehow I think freeman leaving the pocket was the key to the play... Still a bull**CENSORED** rule if you ask me

m_j

Starter

#24 : October 21, 2012, 04:43:33 PM

guys, rules are simple

that was clear pass intrference( free was not out of the pocket yet), that should have been declined since mike caught a TD

awful call. just remember detroit game and call that eventually kicked us out of playoffs. not that we had deserved it, but we're screwed again.

one ref signalled a TD. I am surprised it was not given and than the play reviewed

awfull!!!

: October 21, 2012, 04:45:58 PM m_j

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 21, 2012, 04:44:53 PM

Per NFL Rules

(d) An eligible receiver who has been out of bounds prior to or during a pass, even if he has reestablished
himself inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands.

Exception: If an eligible receiver is forced out of bounds by a foul by a defender, including illegal contact,
defensive holding, or defensive pass interference, he will become eligible to legally touch the pass (without
prior touching by another eligible receiver or defender) as soon as he re-establishes himself inbounds with
both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands. See Article 8, Note 3.

Wonderful....so if they didn't call the foul on the CB when he pushed Williams out of the bounds then they wouldn't be able to call it a score because...well.......they missed the first call to begin with. That's special....

I certainly hope the Bucs file a complaint with the league for that....at the very least it might get those clown refs to make sure they have the right call before they disappear into the tunnel on such a crucial play.
: October 21, 2012, 04:47:13 PM BucDaFackUp

Larry Brackins

Starter
#26 : October 21, 2012, 04:45:37 PM

Per NFL Rules

So pretty much the rule is you can only be the first one to touch it if you're forced out by a penalty. Since Freeman was out of the pocket, it wasn't illegal contact, therefor he can't be the first one to touch it.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

bent09

Starter

#27 : October 21, 2012, 04:45:58 PM

Really tough to tell.  Man its close so I give it to the officials.

My quesiton is why did they not take a look on replay?

danimal09

Starter

#28 : October 21, 2012, 04:47:51 PM

I want to see this out of the pocket rule in writing otherwise I call bs! And if it is a rule I am not so sure free was out of the pocket when it happened anyways

m_j

Starter

#29 : October 21, 2012, 04:48:14 PM

Really tough to tell.  Man its close so I give it to the officials.

My quesiton is why did they not take a look on replay?

because they did not give TD, it was not a scoring play. remember last superbowl in ray jay, they did not review that last pass from warner either and simply gave a fumble, even it was forward pass. some rules really suck!!!

awfull call
: October 21, 2012, 04:50:20 PM m_j
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Re-establishing position « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools