Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What I saw today, and my thoughts. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Zellination

Starter

#30 : October 21, 2012, 06:59:00 PM

I'm sure many of you couldn't care less about what I saw today or what I think of it, and you are free to skip this thread if that is the case, but after a game like today it makes me feel better to get my thoughts out.

OK I DIDN'T READ PAST HIS PART,  I think your thoughts are accurate though.

richbucsfan

Starter

#31 : October 21, 2012, 07:00:03 PM

from what I'm reading about the refs and Mike Perera, it seems that they are hazing Schiano, sort of initiating him to the NFL.  Word must be out that he wants to do things differently.  I don't know, but that was a tough game to lose.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 21, 2012, 07:02:45 PM

I don't really buy that rich.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 21, 2012, 07:05:11 PM

from what I'm reading about the refs and Mike Perera, it seems that they are hazing Schiano, sort of initiating him to the NFL.  Word must be out that he wants to do things differently.  I don't know, but that was a tough game to lose.

Just to be clear.. you are saying there is a conspiracy against Greg Schiano by the NFL Refs? Is this right?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 21, 2012, 07:06:46 PM

The score is 21-17, the offense calls a pass play on 4th and goal on the  30 yd line with 5 seconds left, The pass Defense is good and the QB sets off to buy time. At that point any receiver can be taken down to prevent a reception? Really?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 21, 2012, 07:07:04 PM

Just to be clear.. you are saying there is a conspiracy against Greg Schiano by the NFL Refs? Is this right?

The crew sucked, there were bad calls BOTH ways.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 21, 2012, 07:07:46 PM

against the bounty gate team, that even appeals the decisions of the goodell? guys that intentionally tried to injury player?
Yeah, i'm sure the refs have an issue with schiano, because a replacment ref called him the toughest coach to ref for, and he attacked the kneel down, something the NFL called legal and  could easily disallow to even try again.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 21, 2012, 07:08:03 PM

The score is 21-17, the offense calls a pass play on 4th and goal on the  30 yd line with 5 seconds left, The pass Defense is good and the QB sets off to buy time. At that point any receiver can be taken down to prevent a reception? Really?

Something stinks...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 21, 2012, 07:08:48 PM

Again, that Q1 INT Freeman threw was an easy and insanely obvious call the refs gave us that led to a TD. Then VJax drives for the end zone isn't even close to getting there and we get...another TD. So the "teach us a lesson" refs basically handed us 14 points today (and given the PI stuff on the last drive 21) and at most took away 7. If this is a conspiracy it is a damn bad one.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 21, 2012, 07:10:21 PM

until a pass is thrown, just like a 'normal run play'. To prevent this... stay in the pocket.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 21, 2012, 07:15:12 PM

Again, that Q1 INT Freeman threw was an easy and insanely obvious call the refs gave us that led to a TD. Then VJax drives for the end zone isn't even close to getting there and we get...another TD. So the "teach us a lesson" refs basically handed us 14 points today (and given the PI stuff on the last drive 21) and at most took away 7. If this is a conspiracy it is a damn bad one.

WTF are you talking about??

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 21, 2012, 07:16:32 PM

I'm actually shocked we practiced to try and scam a false start by using disconcerting signals.  Maybe they should spend the time on defense.

I will be very surprised to see Bill "SUCKS" Sheridan on the sideline next year.  If Schiano sticks with him I am calling it now...that will be his downfall(outside of coaching like he's in college).  Someone check the stats and see how many yards and points Sheridan's defenses have given up in his last 22 games as a DC.  I would wager a small fortune it is historically bad.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 21, 2012, 07:22:22 PM

thats a bit too much simplifying here. The not given INT denied the saints another drive, did not really handed us a TD, we could have had the same plays on next drive for a TD. Vjax TD was 1st down, so atleast 3 points here, considering the blount fiaso, but this might have changed the play calling on the actually blount fiasco when the did not even get 3 points. When you wanna tell me how Clark committed a PI on 4th down... cool, since we then run out of time and not get a TD here.

but yes, bad calls happen, go either way, to need to cry about, its up to the team to not allow the refs to 'influence' the outcome of a game.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 21, 2012, 08:01:46 PM

If Jackson doesn't get caught from behind at the one, and the Williams TD catch counts at the end... Freeman has 5 TDs and no interceptions today and we win. Ohhh what coulda been!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 21, 2012, 08:04:21 PM

93 hours till kick off in Minnesota. Gotta move on quickly.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What I saw today, and my thoughts. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools