Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What I saw today, and my thoughts. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 22, 2012, 08:48:05 AM

No Qaz....his heals were 100% out of bounds. Bad example.

it sticks over, but touch?

Yes. He is leaning backwards and his weight clearly shifts to his heal as his other leg swings down. He needed to stay on his tip toes to make that circus catch and he couldn't. Pretty simple.

If he'd stayed on the toes and fallen he'd have been fine but the whole foot that touches the ground has to be in bounds to be a TD. Neither foot got down in bounds at all.

Really for as well as he played being that out of position at the back line is inexcusable and for all the focus on the MW19 play (which was also awful on his part) this was the play that was the killer. He has to know where the back of the end zone is and be in position to make that catch in bounds.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#76 : October 22, 2012, 04:16:29 PM

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#77 : October 22, 2012, 04:24:12 PM

BTW Dal, you are free to your opinion as well, but don't dog me for mine. If you can look at this picture and tell me with a straight face that there is 100% indisputable evidence that the ball didn't touch the ground....then you are full of sh!t.

Guess I need some laxative...cause we dodged a bullet there...it should have been overruled.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#78 : October 22, 2012, 06:52:03 PM

BTW Dal, you are free to your opinion as well, but don't dog me for mine. If you can look at this picture and tell me with a straight face that there is 100% indisputable evidence that the ball didn't touch the ground....then you are full of sh!t.

Guess I need some laxative...cause we dodged a bullet there...it should have been overruled.

The ball clearly BOUNCED off the turf. Were his hands under it? Yes. Still bounced.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#79 : October 23, 2012, 12:36:56 AM

I'm actually shocked we practiced to try and scam a false start by using disconcerting signals.  Maybe they should spend the time on defense.

I will be very surprised to see Bill "SUCKS" Sheridan on the sideline next year.  If Schiano sticks with him I am calling it now...that will be his downfall(outside of coaching like he's in college).  Someone check the stats and see how many yards and points Sheridan's defenses have given up in his last 22 games as a DC.  I would wager a small fortune it is historically bad.

Yet he has sparked a huge turnaround in rushing yards per game. The Bucs are among the best in stopping the run this year. They have been shredded by Brees and Eli....which they have the tendency to do to teams. IMO, Sheridan's biggest issue was this Sunday in continually rushing Brees with three lineman. That was downright idiotic. However, I've more improvement than regression. He gets a pass unless he absolutely tanks the second half of the season.

I think people forget just how horrendous our defense has been prior to his arrival.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 23, 2012, 01:37:57 AM

The ball clearly BOUNCED off the turf. Were his hands under it? Yes. Still bounced.

The ball bounced off the turf, but his hands were under the ball. So, factually speaking the ball bounced on his hands, not the turf according to you? Man, you are confusing me. How does a ball bounce off of a turf if it doesn't even touch the turf?

It was obviously an INT by Harper on the replay, without any zooming in. What you saw was not a ball bouncing off the turf, but a ball being lifted up by a player who just made an INT.

I'm glad we got the call, but it was all wrong.

Good OP, JDub. The 3 man rush was critical to NO success on offense. So was Quincy Black. He sucks....and Foster had an off game.

: October 23, 2012, 01:39:53 AM GrimmReaper

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#81 : October 23, 2012, 07:56:31 AM

I think Foster was misused more than he was off. He was constantly asked to drop back 20 yards in coverage and that really isn't a strong point of his game. He can cover the short stuff fairly well, but if we want a LB to drop deep and play real coverage....it needs to be David. Foster is a monster when you keep him min the box and have him attacking. Unfortunately he was rarely in the box or attacking on Sunday.

It wasn't just Foster. The entire defense looked different because for the first 5 games we played downhill football attacking the line and this past Sunday we were waiting for the ball to come to us and reacting....like we use to. Hated seeing it. Hope they don't ask the players to do that anymore. Brings back bad memories.

The worst part is that I am convinced that if we would have just stuck to what has been working, remained aggressive and attacked the line all day like usual....we would have won that game. Brees likely still would have had a big day because our secondary sucks, but at least we would have got some hits on him, disrupted his rhythm, possible caused bad decisions or more turn overs. Instead, Brees sat in the pocket untouched all day and chewed us up. All I can say is we better see a different **CENSORED**ing game plan next time we play on Dec. 16th
: October 23, 2012, 08:01:32 AM JDouble

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#82 : October 23, 2012, 01:23:23 PM

Rewatching the game now. Looks like we had a call go our way for once.

El Diablo

Starter

#83 : October 23, 2012, 01:38:17 PM

you can't tell if the tip of that ball has air under it

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#84 : October 23, 2012, 01:48:51 PM

the play isnt 100% solid...which is why it wasnt overturned.  its pretty simple.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
#85 : October 23, 2012, 02:39:49 PM

The ball bounced off the turf, but his hands were under the ball. So, factually speaking the ball bounced on his hands, not the turf according to you? Man, you are confusing me. How does a ball bounce off of a turf if it doesn't even touch the turf?

It was obviously an INT by Harper on the replay, without any zooming in. What you saw was not a ball bouncing off the turf, but a ball being lifted up by a player who just made an INT.

I'm glad we got the call, but it was all wrong.

Good OP, JDub. The 3 man rush was critical to NO success on offense. So was Quincy Black. He sucks....and Foster had an off game.

The ball bounced off the turf. I should've said his hands were ON the ball but clearly did not prevent it from bouncing off the turf. Incomplete pass.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#86 : October 23, 2012, 03:15:07 PM

No Qaz....his heals were 100% out of bounds. Bad example.

it sticks over, but touch?

Yes. He is leaning backwards and his weight clearly shifts to his heal as his other leg swings down. He needed to stay on his tip toes to make that circus catch and he couldn't. Pretty simple.

If he'd stayed on the toes and fallen he'd have been fine but the whole foot that touches the ground has to be in bounds to be a TD. Neither foot got down in bounds at all.

Really for as well as he played being that out of position at the back line is inexcusable and for all the focus on the MW19 play (which was also awful on his part) this was the play that was the killer. He has to know where the back of the end zone is and be in position to make that catch in bounds.

Yeah....I just watched the replay and I didn't realize how much room Jackson had to work with. It's not like he was being sqeezed by a DB. He had plenty of room to make the catch and get his feet in.

On the MW play Freeman has his back turned away from the endzone as he reaches the end of the tackle box as the play with MW occurs. The still picture being posted is actually before Williams is given the push out of bounds so that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. By the time Freeman gets in any reasonable position of throwing the ball he's way outside the box. It's not even close.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#87 : October 25, 2012, 05:23:14 PM

On the MW play Freeman has his back turned away from the endzone as he reaches the end of the tackle box as the play with MW occurs. The still picture being posted is actually before Williams is given the push out of bounds so that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. By the time Freeman gets in any reasonable position of throwing the ball he's way outside the box. It's not even close.

Sure...

Visual Evidence = Wrong
Mike Pereira/Jr. = Right

Let's apply this same ridiculous standard of "in the pocket" to any and every call where being the pocket is relevant to the call.  If being he's about to be sacked, all a QB is has to do is chunk the ball as he's running from the pocket and it's not intentional grounding.  I mean, he was running out of the pocket, so we might as well categorize him as out of the pocket - whether he actually is or not.  Brilliant logic you and Pereria are using.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What I saw today, and my thoughts. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools