Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31

youngone

Hall of Famer

#420 : September 25, 2013, 10:53:03 PM

To be fair, at the time he has playing like the best QB in the league.

Being the best buc QB ever isn't a real life accomplishment but he probably is.

That was probably the last roller coaster peak he'll have here.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#421 : September 25, 2013, 10:53:15 PM

Sorry, I'm still laughing at you wanting to draft Matt Barkley with the 13th pick, lol.

Laughing?  Did you read your original post?

You must be accountable for your actions!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#422 : September 25, 2013, 11:00:19 PM

I said by week five and I wasn't too far off...great move by the Bucs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#423 : September 26, 2013, 01:37:42 AM

No more speculating, no more wondering. We have our guy. He is here, sign him long term. Josh Freeman has just broke the bucs record for most passing yards in 3 consecutive games with 1047. We know now he is our franchise and will win us a superbowl one day soon. Man it feels nice to stop wondering.

I'm sure we have some people who want to ignore the stats, which don't lie, so listen up. A QB's job is to pass the ball. Josh is now the best passer in bucs history making him the best QB in bucs history. Let's move on now.
Stats don't lie.

He is a bust. He sucks. Even during his record breaking season I thought he was meh.

Glad he is gone.

(crow )

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#424 : September 26, 2013, 01:59:39 AM

ROFLMAO at this bump

The quest for .500 begins...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#425 : September 26, 2013, 07:21:35 AM

He was playing solid against average-below average teams, and while he was putting up good numbers, he still wasn't doing things that QBs like Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Manning do. There were a lot of times in that 5 game stretch that his first read was open and he got the ball into that initial target's hands....but he still wasn't making his way through progressions. I feel that this years struggles are a combination of poor play mixed with a bit of good preparedness from our 2013 opponents. There is a years worth of tape on this offense and how Freeman runs it. Teams had to have been preaching "READ HIS EYES, READ HIS EYES!!", because he always was staring down his initial read, and never attempted to look off a safety.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#426 : September 26, 2013, 08:26:23 AM

He still probably is the best QB in Bucs history. He's the only QB in team history to throw for 10 more TD's than INT's in a season twice.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#427 : September 26, 2013, 09:22:56 AM

Prediction for 2013 season:

Bucs draft Barkley with their first round pick then immediately trade Freeman for a 2nd round pick.   They draft D the rest of the way and Barkley leads the Bucs to their first playoffs since Gruden was HC.

"Oracle," huh?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#428 : September 26, 2013, 09:23:01 AM

He still probably is the best QB in Bucs history. He's the only QB in team history to throw for 10 more TD's than INT's in a season twice.

If that doesn't tell you that our franchise records are irrelevant, nothing will.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#429 : September 26, 2013, 10:29:48 AM

I respectfully disagree...the Bull was the best.

You must be accountable for your actions!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#430 : September 26, 2013, 10:30:43 AM

I respectfully disagree...the Bull was the best.
Brad had the best season for a QB in Bucs history. But that was the only good season he had.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#431 : September 26, 2013, 10:38:38 AM

If the era the game was played in with respect to different rules and the  subsequent elevation of QB ratings does not matter,
If ints don't matter
If completion % doesn't matter
If W's and playoffs don't matter,
If surrounding talent at WR and Oline and RB doesn't matter,

then yes,  #5 is a candidate.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

youngone

Hall of Famer

#432 : September 26, 2013, 10:40:27 AM

He was playing solid against average-below average teams, and while he was putting up good numbers, he still wasn't doing things that QBs like Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Manning do. There were a lot of times in that 5 game stretch that his first read was open and he got the ball into that initial target's hands....but he still wasn't making his way through progressions. I feel that this years struggles are a combination of poor play mixed with a bit of good preparedness from our 2013 opponents. There is a years worth of tape on this offense and how Freeman runs it. Teams had to have been preaching "READ HIS EYES, READ HIS EYES!!", because he always was staring down his initial read, and never attempted to look off a safety.
I'm just saying, watching that stretch he was on made it easy for fans to get carried away. I was believing too.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#433 : September 26, 2013, 11:36:47 AM

I stand by my original assessment.... Josh Freeman will go down in the record books for owning the two major statistical records a QB can own, yards in a season and TDs in a season.

He is/was the best ever! Most of those will be broken easily if we ever get a consistent QB in here but as it stands, I do not take back my assessment. He is the best ever and that is not debatable.

For the record, this thread was a joke to get people riled up because there was so much talk about records, what they meant, who was JF, and was this offense here to stay.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#434 : September 26, 2013, 12:29:08 PM

"Sorry Josh. We gave you a shot. You failed. Enjoy your life up in Buffalo as a back NFL Qb."

Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools