Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 22, 2012, 05:21:32 PM

being 100% honest Josh Freeman is not the problem

We dont have a run game...thats the problem

much of that may have to d with the fact that we lost Joseph

But a lot of the issue is that I dont think Doug Martin is a big time Back...at least at this point in his short career...Blount needs to be the starter....

Oh geez, these types still exist? Guess you missed yesterday's game.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#76 : October 22, 2012, 05:24:12 PM

Not ready to crown him just yet.  Lets see a few more good outings.

Well perhaps some need a larger body of work but I do think we'll see him smash the single season passing record as well. He is current on pace for more than 4,100 yards. The record is at about 3,800

I am his biggest fan, but lets temper the enthusiasm.  One bad game in the weeks ahead, and fans will be calling for his head AGAIN.

Even after his worst game I was pleading with fans to let the season play out. He certainly needs the rest of the season to see which Freeman is the one we have but he has looked good recently and all many posters can think about is firing people. Enjoy one of the more explosive offensive months we've had ever. See what happens in the future.

Even if he plays well the rest of the season, how will anyone know "which Freeman we have?" See 2011 vs. 2010

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#77 : October 22, 2012, 05:25:19 PM

freeman will be here for the next 10 years.

Kind of like Shaun King?   
Kind of like Brady or Manning, but not like tebow who's on his second team in three years for a first round pick.

This typically produces good results when attempting to treat most delusional disorders...
that's my opinion. Maybe you should take some if you think freeman will be gone after this year.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#78 : October 22, 2012, 05:30:14 PM

I predict a rough night in Minnesota this Thursday and then everyone will immediately hate him again.

Whats the Minnesota pass defense look like? I know about their pass rush.

Pass rush is 2nd in the league with 25 sacks, ranked 12th verse the run and 10th verse the pass. Yards per game that is.
they have only played against one good offensive team.. And they gave up a ton of points that game. Rest of there schedule has been against the worst O's in the NFL

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#79 : October 22, 2012, 05:44:52 PM

Has everyone figured out who will be next year's scapegoat?  I wanted to get an early start on the complaining. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 22, 2012, 05:48:49 PM

Freeman needs to beat out some more franchise records before I call him the best Bucs QB, or win a Superbowl/have a deep playoff run.

Remember that stats really aren't comparable throughout eras either. Doug Williams stats look downright awful, but for the era, he had a few good years.

I hope that Freeman is the first Bucs QB to go over 4000 yards and 30 TDs though. It's embarrassing that we've never had one when it's somewhat commonplace these days.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#81 : October 22, 2012, 06:11:22 PM

Has everyone figured out who will be next year's scapegoat?  I wanted to get an early start on the complaining.

Schiano.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#82 : October 22, 2012, 06:15:20 PM

Freeman is the best QB that the Bucs have ever had. You can hate on him all you like, but it's true. I don't even know how anyone is arguing this. As if the Bucs have some rich history of excellent QB's. Who the hell is if he isn't? Journeymen Brad Johnson or Jeff Garcia? Come on now...

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#83 : October 22, 2012, 06:15:51 PM

" Freeman needs to beat out some more franchise records before I call him the best Bucs QB, or win a Superbowl/have a deep playoff run. "

How about we start with just making the playoffs? Easier yet, how about finishing in the top half of the division at least once before we crown him "best Bucs QB"?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#84 : October 22, 2012, 06:18:15 PM

Schiano.
You don't think it should be someone coming off an injury season or perhaps even a new coach when he is hired in the offseason?  There just simply has to be someone to pin it all on. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#85 : October 22, 2012, 06:21:11 PM

Schiano.
You don't think it should be someone coming off an injury season or perhaps even a new coach when he is hired in the offseason?  There just simply has to be someone to pin it all on.

I can hear it now.....2nd year and we are making mistakes?  Fire him now !

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#86 : October 22, 2012, 06:24:14 PM

Freeman is the best QB that the Bucs have ever had. You can hate on him all you like, but it's true. I don't even know how anyone is arguing this. As if the Bucs have some rich history of excellent QB's. Who the hell is if he isn't? Journeymen Brad Johnson or Jeff Garcia? Come on now...

53.3% passes completed for 3,217 yards, 11 TD's, and 21 INT's in 19 career starts. The question was who is the best Buccaneers QB ever, not the best QB the Bucs ever drafted.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#87 : October 22, 2012, 06:24:56 PM

I predict a rough night in Minnesota this Thursday and then everyone will immediately hate him again.

Whats the Minnesota pass defense look like? I know about their pass rush.

Pass rush is 2nd in the league with 25 sacks, ranked 12th verse the run and 10th verse the pass. Yards per game that is.

I'll have to see who they've played

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#88 : October 22, 2012, 06:24:58 PM

I don't get it. I see a bunch of threads and complaints about Freeman and no one is discussing the worst pass defense I can remember since watching the Bucs since 1993.  The middle of this defense is a joke and every other team knows it.  When the linebackers have to go backwards they are lost. The safeties are never crushing people over the middle.  Barron is always three steps behind in coverage.  There is a major design flaw in this defense.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#89 : October 22, 2012, 06:26:12 PM

" Freeman needs to beat out some more franchise records before I call him the best Bucs QB, or win a Superbowl/have a deep playoff run. "

How about we start with just making the playoffs? Easier yet, how about finishing in the top half of the division at least once before we crown him "best Bucs QB"?

well if he has more INTs than TDs, and the Bucs go one and done in the playoffs, then he's basically a Trent Dilfer
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools