Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#90 : October 22, 2012, 06:26:39 PM

Has everyone figured out who will be next year's scapegoat?  I wanted to get an early start on the complaining.

Who here is using Freeman as a scapegoat? Criticism is not the same as blame for a loss(es).

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#91 : October 22, 2012, 06:28:02 PM

" Freeman needs to beat out some more franchise records before I call him the best Bucs QB, or win a Superbowl/have a deep playoff run. "

How about we start with just making the playoffs? Easier yet, how about finishing in the top half of the division at least once before we crown him "best Bucs QB"?

Those are team achievements. He played well enough in 2010 that with a halfway talented roster, we would have finished 1st in the NFC South.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#92 : October 22, 2012, 06:28:23 PM

I predict a rough night in Minnesota this Thursday and then everyone will immediately hate him again.

Whats the Minnesota pass defense look like? I know about their pass rush.

Pass rush is 2nd in the league with 25 sacks, ranked 12th verse the run and 10th verse the pass. Yards per game that is.

I'll have to see who they've played

Yea, same here. Need to go back and watch a few of their games...stats hardly ever paint a complete portrait.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#93 : October 22, 2012, 06:41:55 PM

" He played well enough in 2010 that with a halfway talented roster, we would have finished 1st in the NFC South. "

When you say "1st," do you perhaps mean 'third plus a bunch of excuses"?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#94 : October 22, 2012, 06:45:29 PM

Has everyone figured out who will be next year's scapegoat?  I wanted to get an early start on the complaining.

Who here is using Freeman as a scapegoat? Criticism is not the same as blame for a loss(es).
I understand the criticism.  I understand it is his fourth year.  I can't forget that he played for three years under Morris. I don't think fans will ever understand how bad he was and why I think fans are not being patient.  Morris isn't even doing well as a DB coach in DC.  They are still last in the league.  Freeman remains the scapegoat when he does enough to win with a mediocre running game and a defense that is a turnstile.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#95 : October 22, 2012, 06:45:51 PM

Freeman puts up good stats for 2 and 1/2 games and posters here want to call him the best QB we've ever had.  Too Funny!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#96 : October 22, 2012, 06:51:45 PM

I understand the criticism.  I understand it is his fourth year.  I can't forget that he played for three years under Morris. I don't think fans will ever understand how bad he was and why I think fans are not being patient.  Morris isn't even doing well as a DB coach in DC.  They are still last in the league.  Freeman remains the scapegoat when he does enough to win with a mediocre running game and a defense that is a turnstile.

Once again, I don't see man singularly blaming Freeman for losses.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#97 : October 22, 2012, 07:03:01 PM

" He played well enough in 2010 that with a halfway talented roster, we would have finished 1st in the NFC South. "

When you say "1st," do you perhaps mean 'third plus a bunch of excuses"?

No, I mean "1st, minus a talented supporting cast".

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#98 : October 22, 2012, 07:10:41 PM

Freeman puts up good stats for 2 and 1/2 games and posters here want to call him the best QB we've ever had.  Too Funny!!!
You realize the historic ineptitude the Bucs have had at the QB position, right? Freeman has already had one season that easily puts him in the top 5 seasons in team history. If he has another 25 TD season, he'll be the only QB in team history with two really good seasons.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#99 : October 22, 2012, 07:22:42 PM

You realize the historic ineptitude the Bucs have had at the QB position, right? Freeman has already had one season that easily puts him in the top 5 seasons in team history. If he has another 25 TD season, he'll be the only QB in team history with two really good seasons.
You realize how poorly he played last year and half of this year......or that doesn't count?    ::)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#100 : October 22, 2012, 07:31:12 PM

You realize how poorly he played last year and half of this year......or that doesn't count?    ::)
So find me a Bucs QB who never had a bad season. And for as "bad" as Freeman has played this season, he currently has the #11 QBR in the NFL (immediately behind Eli Manning) and is on pace to throw 29 TD's (team record is 26).

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#101 : October 22, 2012, 07:36:54 PM

Freeman played one bad game this year and people want to get rid of him. Too funny!!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#102 : October 22, 2012, 07:37:34 PM

How come no one has brought up Dan the Man ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#103 : October 22, 2012, 07:39:23 PM

Half of this year? He had a bad game vs the Cowboys and a bad first half verse the Redskins. Six quarters out of 24 is not half.
: October 22, 2012, 07:42:00 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#104 : October 22, 2012, 07:40:32 PM

freeman had 1 bad game against the cowboy's.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools