Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 31

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: October 22, 2012, 01:40:47 PM

No more speculating, no more wondering. We have our guy. He is here, sign him long term. Josh Freeman has just broke the bucs record for most passing yards in 3 consecutive games with 1047. We know now he is our franchise and will win us a superbowl one day soon. Man it feels nice to stop wondering.

I'm sure we have some people who want to ignore the stats, which don't lie, so listen up. A QB's job is to pass the ball. Josh is now the best passer in bucs history making him the best QB in bucs history. Let's move on now.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2012, 01:42:51 PM

I've been extremely impressed with what he's been able to do...

Now,  if he could bring that completion percentage just a tiny bit above that 55% mark that he's at, then we're really talking. For example, there is absolutely nothing impressive about under throwing a guy to the point where the ball is hitting the dirt 5 yards in front of him, something we've all seen him do several times a GAME during this year.
: October 22, 2012, 01:45:29 PM BFT+C

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 22, 2012, 01:47:17 PM

I was going to argue against but... the thread title says official and I'm in no position to question that. As long as it says it's official, I won't question it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 22, 2012, 01:54:56 PM

Now,  if he could bring that completion percentage just a tiny bit above that 55% mark that he's at, then we're really talking. For example, there is absolutely nothing impressive about under throwing a guy to the point where the ball is hitting the dirt 5 yards in front of him, something we've all seen him do several times a GAME during this year.

The one you're talking about on Sunday was an intentional throw away as he was under duress and had no other options. It was a brilliant play.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 22, 2012, 01:56:04 PM

Technically he has had 3 back to back to back 300+ yard games if you count the Redskins game at 299 yards. But, hopefully he can keep the play up moving forward. His worst game of the season came against the Cowboys who are the #2 pass defense in the NFL.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 22, 2012, 01:59:04 PM

The one you're talking about on Sunday was an intentional throw away as he was under duress and had no other options. It was a brilliant play.

it's not just yesterday, it's the week before that and the week before that.

I don't have any problems with him throwing the ball away if there is no one open, but the problem is that next time, the ball might end up finding the hands of a defender and not a dirt patch.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2012, 02:02:33 PM

If you can show me in the Buccaneers records where 3 games passing is listed, I might believe you.    That obviously isn't a record anyone cares about and a desperate spin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_Records

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : October 22, 2012, 02:04:32 PM

I will say however, that this is the best WR's the Bucs have EVER had.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 22, 2012, 02:07:22 PM

Um...the Bucs are 1-2 in that 3 game stretch...and for the first time in almost 3 seasons of QB play, he put together two good starts.  There is still plenty more to speculate about, plenty more to wonder about, and plenty more to evaluate.
: October 22, 2012, 02:18:12 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 22, 2012, 02:10:05 PM

Hes played better the last 3 games. Which is what we have wanted to see. I think he will be our starter beyond this season barring setbacks. Hes had his moments of WTF but hes also played well when he has needed to for the most part. So I think hes earned his right to keep his job for longer.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#10 : October 22, 2012, 02:18:45 PM

I've been highly critical of Freeman this season, so I'll start by saying that the past two games have been a great improvement. He has played well for almost 3 straight games, but really there has still been stretches of inaccurate passes.

This has been encouraging, but he's not out of the woods by any means. I don't expect him to throw 400 and 3 every week, but he does need to continue this good play on a consistent level before I give my approval.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 22, 2012, 02:22:37 PM

If you consider that no QB in Bucs history has thrown 23 or more TD's in a season more than once, and Freeman already has thrown 25 before and is currently on pace to throw 29, he just may be best ever.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#12 : October 22, 2012, 02:26:52 PM

If you consider that no QB in Bucs history has thrown 23 or more TD's in a season more than once, and Freeman already has thrown 25 before and is currently on pace to throw 29, he just may be best ever.
yes, he could very well be the best passer in franchise history. But I think we both agree that it doesn't make him the answer for a franchise Quarterback.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 22, 2012, 02:28:38 PM

He's got nothing on The Bull.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 22, 2012, 02:34:10 PM

He's got nothing on The Bull.

If Freeman had been starting on the '02-'03 squad, we would still be in search of our 1st championship.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools