Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 31

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 22, 2012, 02:34:46 PM

Not ready to crown him just yet.  Lets see a few more good outings.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 22, 2012, 02:34:55 PM

I will say however, that this is the best WR's the Bucs have EVER had.

Well you yourself already commented on how slow Vjax was and Mike Willliams is a 4th round draft pick who many wrote off last year. Either way you look at it, our WR are not guilty of getting too much separation so I'll argue that Freeman's quarterbacking has been the reason why they look so good. I mean look at Arizona. Larry Fitz is an amazing WR yet they can't find a QB to be even average.

If you can show me in the Buccaneers records where 3 games passing is listed, I might believe you.    That obviously isn't a record anyone cares about and a desperate spin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_Records

It was reported through the captains blog today.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 22, 2012, 02:36:46 PM

Not sure how to view or take the topic of this thread. Granted Freeman over the last three games has given the team a chance to win all three, with the team going 1-2 during the span. However, there are still numerous deficiencies in his short to intermediate passing that needs a ton of work if he wants to ever realize his true potential. 

Freeman over his last three games has looked like a different player form the teams first three games.Currently the team is finding a way to lose in-spite of his efforts.

He has thrown for 1,047 yards an average of  349 yards a game - 7 touchdowns to 2 interceptions - a 58.9% completion percentage  -  9.78 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 105.9.

Compared to  his first three games of the season in which he threw for 491 yards an average of  163.7 yards a game - 4 touchdowns to 3 interceptions - a 51.3% completion percentage - 6.1 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 71.4

That nearly 200 yards more a game - 3.6 more yards per attempt - completing nearly 8% more of his passes and an increase of 34 in his QB rating. Not to mention the team is tied for first for passes over 40 yards or more  on the season and has 22 passes of 20 yards or more.

As i eluded to earlier - there is still plenty to improve on - things are at least looking up at the moment for Freeman and the offense. But if Freeman wants to be mentioned in the same breath as the games elite he need to figure out a way to improve greatly in his short to intermediate game to give drives alive.

The team biggest weakness at the moment on offense is consistency in all phases  - especially the ground game. You score points out of the passing game and win games on the ground. Perfect example of this happen yesterday. if the team plunges it in from the one and is able to open holes the keep Brees and the Saints offense on the sideline.

On defense the team for what ever reason con not stop the pass - there were way too many times yesterday when the defense had a chance to get off the field and they allowed Brees and the Saints to hit on many third down attempts as thew Saints were 9-of-16 and converted at a 60% clip.. That is ultimately what cost the Bucs the game their inability to get off the field on third down and sustain drives on offense as they were just 3-of-12 and converted only 33% of their third down attempts.

Its great the team can gain large chunks of yardage - however they are floundering when it comes to third downs on both sides of the football.

Ms Elam

Starter

#18 : October 22, 2012, 02:37:19 PM

Some posters life myself should feel vindicated. I have been blaming coaching and offensive play calling for 2 years. I thought Sheridan was Olson 2.0 but it looks like it just took awhile for Freeman and the receivers to adjust to. I don't think any teams are going to be banging on Sheridans door for a head coaching gig, so Freeman who is learning his third offense in 4 years, can have some continuity and master one particular system.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 22, 2012, 02:37:57 PM

Well perhaps some need a larger body of work but I do think we'll see him smash the single season passing record as well. He is current on pace for more than 4,100 yards. The record is at about 3,800

- Everyone

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 22, 2012, 02:38:17 PM

being 100% honest Josh Freeman is not the problem

We dont have a run game...thats the problem

much of that may have to d with the fact that we lost Joseph

But a lot of the issue is that I dont think Doug Martin is a big time Back...at least at this point in his short career...Blount needs to be the starter....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 22, 2012, 02:39:26 PM

Some posters life myself should feel vindicated. I have been blaming coaching and offensive play calling for 2 years. I thought Sheridan was Olson 2.0 but it looks like it just took awhile for Freeman and the receivers to adjust to. I don't think any teams are going to be banging on Sheridans door for a head coaching gig, so Freeman who is learning his third offense in 4 years, can have some continuity and master one particular system.

Sheridan is the DC......just sayin.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : October 22, 2012, 02:40:05 PM

If you can show me in the Buccaneers records where 3 games passing is listed, I might believe you.    That obviously isn't a record anyone cares about and a desperate spin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_Records

It was reported through the captains blog today.

I do notice that Vinny Testaverde is 2nd on that list.   Does that mean Vinny was the 2nd best QB in Buc history behind Freeman?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 22, 2012, 02:40:57 PM

Lets see him wins some big games. Its also a team game too. As much as we would like to put wins/losses on Freeman he isnt the only guy out there. Theres still plenty of things the whole team needs to work on before they become a consistent winning team. Secondary needs to shape up. Pass rush is so bad they dont even try to pass rush. Coaching needs to learn from their mistakes. A lot has to come together before this TEAM wins consistently. Its not just Josh deciding the outcomes of these games. I think they will get better at all of that but not overnight. So Im not sure we will see consistent winning games from this team right now this season but that doesnt mean Freeman cant play at this level. 

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 22, 2012, 02:41:00 PM

I jumped off the Freeman bandwagon after the Cowboys game and I'm finding it very difficult to jump back on. His recent play has been very encouraging, but can he sustain it?

You can look at Freeman's career, single season, game to game, or throw to throw - and one word describes them all = inconsistent. If he can become consistent in his play, I'll be ecstatic. Even if it is less stats, but more accurate smart play. He has the tools, he has the supporting cast. Just have to add consistency.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 22, 2012, 02:41:32 PM

Well perhaps some need a larger body of work but I do think we'll see him smash the single season passing record as well. He is current on pace for more than 4,100 yards. The record is at about 3,800

I am his biggest fan, but lets temper the enthusiasm.  One bad game in the weeks ahead, and fans will be calling for his head AGAIN.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 22, 2012, 02:41:54 PM

Been saying it. It is so important for a QB to stay with one scheme, playbook, OC. Freeman is putting up great numbers recently but we're all fooling ourselves if we think after 7 weeks in the system he doesn't have a lot more to learn in this system. I believe the announcers commented on the fact that the playbook has been pulled back a bit in recent weeks, although just from watching the game it seems to have been opened up more.

- Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 22, 2012, 02:43:04 PM

I jumped off the Freeman bandwagon after the Cowboys game and I'm finding it very difficult to jump back on. His recent play has been very encouraging, but can he sustain it?

You can look at Freeman's career, single season, game to game, or throw to throw - and one word describes them all = inconsistent. If he can become consistent in his play, I'll be ecstatic. Even if it is less stats, but more accurate smart play. He has the tools, he has the supporting cast. Just have to add consistency.

Freemans consistency wont be the only thing that will translate into winning games. Pass rush, secondary, coaching all need to improve. It wont matter how much better Freeman gets if those arent working as well.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 22, 2012, 02:43:29 PM

Sheridan is the DC......just sayin.

Yea, I'm 90% she meant Sullivan.

"Sheridan" must be a popular brand of cookware/bakeware...and that is stuck in her head.

;)
: October 22, 2012, 02:45:05 PM chace1986

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 22, 2012, 02:44:10 PM

I am his biggest fan, but lets temper the enthusiasm.  One bad game in the weeks ahead, and fans will be calling for his head AGAIN.

Even after his worst game I was pleading with fans to let the season play out. He certainly needs the rest of the season to see which Freeman is the one we have but he has looked good recently and all many posters can think about is firing people. Enjoy one of the more explosive offensive months we've had ever. See what happens in the future.

- Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools