Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#345 : November 16, 2012, 01:33:09 PM

What last straw?    How many playoffs has he led the team to?

It's the last thing you can hold onto and say "see Freeman is no good, we better trade for Tebow"

All of your usual stuff can't be said because of how he is playing, so you chose the one thing that he hasn't done, YET, to prove your point. Playoffs and superbowl.

Matt Ryan hasn't won a playoff game or superbowl but you aren't going to convince many people he isn't one of the best QBs in the league right now.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Hate

Hall of Famer
#346 : November 16, 2012, 01:42:07 PM

This Panthers game will determine which QB is the worst in the NFC South - Freeman or Newton.    Both Brees and Ryan are far better QB's than either of them.

Trolling...trolling...trolling.. keep those fingers trollin....

...troll-guuuuuy!

I lol'd..... a lot  ;D :D :o 8)

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#347 : November 16, 2012, 01:44:08 PM

It's the last thing you can hold onto and say "see Freeman is no good, we better trade for Tebow"

All of your usual stuff can't be said because of how he is playing, so you chose the one thing that he hasn't done, YET, to prove your point. Playoffs and superbowl.

Matt Ryan hasn't won a playoff game or superbowl but you aren't going to convince many people he isn't one of the best QBs in the league right now.

At this point, it's not even close. Matt Ryan has led his team to winning record every year, and to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Sure, he has struggled mightily in the playoffs, but the dude actually gets his team to the playoffs.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#348 : November 16, 2012, 02:00:28 PM

Would you trade Freeman for Ryan, today?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#349 : November 16, 2012, 02:10:05 PM

Would you trade Freeman for Ryan, today?

For me, that's a tough one. I like what I am seeing from Freeman in this offense, but I do think Ryan is a more accurate passer who has shown that he can beat good teams and lead his team to the playoffs. Does Freeman have the potential to be better? Maybe.

So, yes. I probably would.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#350 : November 16, 2012, 02:25:23 PM

At this point, it's not even close. Matt Ryan has led his team to winning record every year, and to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Sure, he has struggled mightily in the playoffs, but the dude actually gets his team to the playoffs.

I get there are differences between the two. But if you're going so big picture that all you care about is a playoff win or superbowl win then you essentially put Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman side by side.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#351 : November 16, 2012, 02:36:12 PM

I get there are differences between the two. But if you're going so big picture that all you care about is a playoff win or superbowl win then you essentially put Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman side by side.

Your chances of winning a playoff game when you are sitting at home is 0%.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#352 : November 16, 2012, 02:50:15 PM

Hes not a troll at this point. Hes a hater. Freeman is playing well. He doesnt like it one bit lol.

He's not a Bucs fan, when are all of you guys gonna understand this already? Sheesh. Why do u bother with him? He doesn't root for the Bucs = he's not a fan.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#353 : November 16, 2012, 05:23:10 PM

Your chances of winning a playoff game when you are sitting at home is 0%.

Which is exactly Ryans win% in the playoffs. Doubters would point out how he rides a good team to the playoffs and never produces.

I was totally shocked during last minutes of his loss against the Saints, when i saw '376y' was a career high at that point. While yards is/should not be not the parameter to evaluate QB skills, i expected him to have thrown for more eventually during his 4+ years in the NFL.

I think both, ATL and TB, should be quite pleased with their QBs right now. While i think Ryan will not directly cost 'em many games, some might call this a game manager, some not choking or even clutch, i have my doubt he will be able to win many by himself. He rarely stinks, but never really WOWed me (yet).
With Freeman we will see how he turns out. So far he showed promises to keep watching him grow. I wonder what the reaction would be if Freeman does not throw for even 1 single TD in 3 straight games, and with a bye week looming Eli technicall will have 4 weeks. Didn't i hear about Freeman losing 10 straight?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#354 : November 16, 2012, 06:00:20 PM

Matt Ryan has Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez....and Michael Turner. Pretty hard to look bad with those weapons.

Now that Freeman has equal weapons in Jackson, Williams, and Martin (still doesn't have an equivalent TE though) his numbers have been almost identical to Ryan's.

Ryan is a good QB, but I'll take Freeman every time.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#355 : November 16, 2012, 06:04:44 PM

I have no problem saying that he has struggled in the playoffs, but if we are gonna talk about playoff wins, the first thing you need to do is get there.

As far as him "riding" a good team to the playoffs. Lol. "Driving" would be much more accurate.

I do agree that both teams should be pleased with their QB play. Ryan is clearly the more superior QB at this time, though.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#356 : November 16, 2012, 06:12:23 PM

Matt Ryan has Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez....and Michael Turner. Pretty hard to look bad with those weapons.

Now that Freeman has equal weapons in Jackson, Williams, and Martin (still doesn't have an equivalent TE though) his numbers have been almost identical to Ryan's.

Most top QBs have good weapons. It's always funny when people try to use that argument to delude a QBs talent.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#357 : November 16, 2012, 06:27:48 PM

All day, errr day!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#358 : November 16, 2012, 06:51:48 PM

Most top QBs have good weapons. It's always funny when people try to use that argument to delude a QBs talent.

Not sure why you are being biased for the Falcons....but you are. I didn't say anything negative to delude Matt Ryan's accomplishments. I was simply pointing out that he has solid weapons, and now that Freeman does too....their numbers are almost identical. Freeman had a slow start for the first 2 or 3 games, but over the past 6 games he has actually been better than Ryan. So when you say Ryan is clearly the better QB, I call bullsh!t. He is good, not claiming otherwise, but he has had a solid NFL upbringing with the same Head Coach and same supporting cast. He's had it much better than Freeman, and yet they have the same amount of playoff wins. Zero.

All I am saying is that right now, Ryan is not clearly the better QB. If Freeman doesn't keep it going and starts playing badly again, then we'll talk, but right now he finally has weapons and good coaching and he looks every bit as good as Ryan. Some would argue he looks better.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#359 : November 16, 2012, 06:58:36 PM

Not sure why you are being biased for the Falcons....but you are. I didn't say anything negative to delude Matt Ryan's accomplishments. I was simply pointing out that he has solid weapons, and now that Freeman does too....their numbers are almost identical. Freeman had a slow start for the first 2 or 3 games, but over the past 6 games he has actually been better than Ryan. So when you say Ryan is clearly the better QB, I call bullsh!t. He is good, not claiming otherwise, but he has had a solid NFL upbringing with the same Head Coach and same supporting cast. He's had it much better than Freeman, and yet they have the same amount of playoff wins. Zero.

All I am saying is that right now, Ryan is not clearly the better QB. If Freeman doesn't keep it going and starts playing badly again, then we'll talk, but right now he finally has weapons and good coaching and he looks every bit as good as Ryan. Some would argue he looks better.

^^ Preach!!

Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools