Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#360 : November 16, 2012, 07:41:05 PM

Would you trade Freeman for Ryan, today?

Oh, Hell Yes!

If the Bucs traded Freeman for Ryan, I'd buy season tickets immediately.
: November 16, 2012, 07:42:40 PM JavaRay

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#361 : November 16, 2012, 07:46:39 PM

Matt Ryan has Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez....and Michael Turner. Pretty hard to look bad with those weapons.

Now that Freeman has equal weapons in Jackson, Williams, and Martin (still doesn't have an equivalent TE though) his numbers have been almost identical to Ryan's.

Ryan is a good QB, but I'll take Freeman every time.

Most top QBs have good weapons. It's always funny when people try to use that argument to delude a QBs talent.

Not sure why you are being biased for the Falcons....but you are. I didn't say anything negative to delude Matt Ryan's accomplishments. I was simply pointing out that he has solid weapons, and now that Freeman does too....their numbers are almost identical. Freeman had a slow start for the first 2 or 3 games, but over the past 6 games he has actually been better than Ryan. So when you say Ryan is clearly the better QB, I call bullsh!t. He is good, not claiming otherwise, but he has had a solid NFL upbringing with the same Head Coach and same supporting cast. He's had it much better than Freeman, and yet they have the same amount of playoff wins. Zero.

All I am saying is that right now, Ryan is not clearly the better QB. If Freeman doesn't keep it going and starts playing badly again, then we'll talk, but right now he finally has weapons and good coaching and he looks every bit as good as Ryan. Some would argue he looks better.

Had a long day at work...needed a good laugh. Appreciate it. Being biased for the Falcons? I guess  ::) The only time I root for the Falcons is if they play the Saints or Cowboys. Other than that, I hope they lose every game.

I didn't say Ryan's accomplishments. I said his talent. When I watch him play, I see a pretty good QB who happens to have pretty good weapons. You can call Bullsh*t all you want. I was talking about the complete product that we have seen from both QBs...not cherry-picking games(last 5-6 games). Yup Ryan struggles in the playoffs, and Freeman struggles to get there.

I'm happy with how Freeman is playing, but he is not a better QB than Ryan, at this time. So J-dub, unbunch your panties, it's ok for other QBs to be better than Freeman.

Buc_40

Practice Squad

#362 : November 16, 2012, 08:03:33 PM

Sorry I didn't get to read through the whole 25 pages of this thread but I'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents.

I'm glad Freeman is playing well as of late. Anything that helps the Bucs win, great. But I can't believe how after 5 good games people are crowning him. Did some people already forget about the Cowboys game, the second half of the Giants game, the first half of the Redskins game, or the 2011 season for that matter? Freeman was awful during those games, basically reminding us of Freeman 2011. I think at this point Freeman is waaay too inconsistent to call him an elite QB or our QB of the future. If he continues to play like this for the rest of the season, then maybe we can start thinking of that big fat contract extension- anything less and I think we should think long and hard before re-signing him.

That brings up another point that a lot of people might be forgetting- this is basically a contract year for Freeman. Who wouldn't wanna work hard, put up numbers, and get that big contract? I'm worried that if he gets rewarded with a big contract he's gonna slack off HARD... ala Albert Haynesworth and many others. Rumors are that he currently doesn't take his craft seriously, just imagine what would happen with a brinks truck full of guaranteed money. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#363 : November 16, 2012, 08:16:15 PM

Sorry I didn't get to read through the whole 25 pages of this thread but I'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents.

I'm glad Freeman is playing well as of late. Anything that helps the Bucs win, great. But I can't believe how after 5 good games people are crowning him. Did some people already forget about the Cowboys game, the second half of the Giants game, the first half of the Redskins game, or the 2011 season for that matter? Freeman was awful during those games, basically reminding us of Freeman 2011. I think at this point Freeman is waaay too inconsistent to call him an elite QB or our QB of the future. If he continues to play like this for the rest of the season, then maybe we can start thinking of that big fat contract extension- anything less and I think we should think long and hard before re-signing him.

That brings up another point that a lot of people might be forgetting- this is basically a contract year for Freeman. Who wouldn't wanna work hard, put up numbers, and get that big contract? I'm worried that if he gets rewarded with a big contract he's gonna slack off HARD... ala Albert Haynesworth and many others. Rumors are that he currently doesn't take his craft seriously, just imagine what would happen with a brinks truck full of guaranteed money.

Ill call BS on that one until i see anything that would suggest such a thing.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#364 : November 16, 2012, 09:00:26 PM

Would you trade Freeman for Ryan, today?

Oh, Hell Yes!

If the Bucs traded Freeman for Ryan, I'd buy season tickets immediately.

One of those times when i'm perfectly content with status quo.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#365 : November 16, 2012, 09:09:02 PM

Good post.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#366 : November 16, 2012, 09:22:12 PM

There has been nothing from Freeman's tenure here that would suggest that he's lazy or a slacker. You can question his accuracy, not his work ethic.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#367 : November 16, 2012, 09:42:43 PM

He looks like real deal now, its hard to imagine he goes back to 2011 form.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#368 : November 16, 2012, 10:44:54 PM

There has been nothing from Freeman's tenure here that would suggest that he's lazy or a slacker. You can question his accuracy, not his work ethic.

Agreed.

TebowTimeBucFan

Rookie

#369 : November 17, 2012, 01:06:00 AM

Gotta agree with chase on this one. spot on

Buccaneer Men- Dan the Man and Caddy Roadhouse Martin

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#370 : November 17, 2012, 04:47:19 AM

Agreed.

I disagree guys. Last year I think there was clearly a question of his commitment to his physical training and preparation. Look how much slimmer he is this season!

Plus professional insiders have said that there was a question of his commitment, not to mention his admitted Taco Bell addiction and stupid gun range incident...

I think its perfectly fair to question Freemans work ethic in the past. This season seems PROOF of that

This guy...

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#371 : November 17, 2012, 05:22:34 AM

Agreed.

I disagree guys. Last year I think there was clearly a question of his commitment to his physical training and preparation. Look how much slimmer he is this season!

Plus professional insiders have said that there was a question of his commitment, not to mention his admitted Taco Bell addiction and stupid gun range incident...

I think its perfectly fair to question Freemans work ethic in the past. This season seems PROOF of that

well, hes always been first in, last out. Every coach and player has always talked about how much time he spent at the facility, studied film, and even organized team workouts during the lockout all on his own. Hes always been elusive and mobile and one of the more athletic QBs in the league right behind Newton, Vick, and RGIII.

I guess his decision to slim down and his love of taco bell are enough for some to rule out the 500 accounts of him being fully committed, but Id rather take the side that about 498 more pieces of evidence, all of which have nothing to do with anyone eating fast food. If anything, he ran more and used his athletic ability when he was 20lbs heavier. That throws a wrench in the whole weight theory doesnt it?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#372 : November 17, 2012, 05:51:54 AM

Beatles' thoughts:

Freesus has risen.

You all will REPENT! 8)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#373 : November 17, 2012, 07:47:31 AM

Anyone who refers to him as Freesus is going to hell.   That's a direct insult to Jesus.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#374 : November 17, 2012, 08:29:10 AM

If anything, he ran more and used his athletic ability when he was 20lbs heavier. That throws a wrench in the whole weight theory doesnt it?

Not really. He was awful last season.

This guy...
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools