Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#405 : February 09, 2013, 09:54:39 PM

I should create a line graph detailing the emotions of this thread over time. It would be funny to see.

"As you can see, two weeks ago, Josh Freeman was to be brought before a firing squad and shot to death while being simultaneously stoned. This week, Josh Freeman is to be awarded the key to the city and a statue of his arm is to be raised!"

Pre season will be more of the same from game to game haha.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#406 : February 09, 2013, 10:05:39 PM

Actually yes. Who were the other options vs. Trent?

Who are the other options now? Josh Johnson? Dan Orlovsky?

Different game then too. Trent was flat out bad his first three years. What he became after 1998 was what he was. Freeman is a roller coaster, far less predictable.

Dilfer was also QB of a perennial playoff team with multiple future 1st ballot HOF'ers on it. Freeman was drafted to a team full of project pick ups and camp fodder that was in the beginning of a rebuild. So tell me who was more harmful again?
1. Dilfer didn't lose the 1999 NFC title game. King and Dungy did.
2. What year did they NOT win when they should have? In 1996 and 1997, the Packers were too good and in 1998 the Vikings were too good.
3. You cleverly use different criteria on the two QBs. When Dilfer was drafted the Bucs were bad too and he came before Sapp and Brooks. Using the other criteria the Bucs have added a lot of talent to go along with Freeman.
The difference? IMHO we were never fooled with Dilfer. After 4-18, we should have known he'd never be great; but some are delusional enough to think Freeman WILL be great. IMHO if he isn't after this season, then he never will be. But he may be good enough to keep the Bucs strung out another few seasons.

In Verner We Trust

Oracle

Starter

#407 : February 10, 2013, 03:10:29 AM

I think Dilfer was a better QB than Freeman.   At least he led the team to the playoffs.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#408 : February 10, 2013, 08:52:28 AM

I think Dilfer was a better QB than Freeman.   At least he led the team to the playoffs.

No freaking way....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#409 : February 10, 2013, 09:35:56 AM

Bruce Gradowski is better than Dilfer and Freeman.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#410 : February 10, 2013, 09:36:22 AM

Chris Simms is better than Peyton Manning.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#411 : February 10, 2013, 11:16:07 AM

Actually yes. Who were the other options vs. Trent?

Who are the other options now? Josh Johnson? Dan Orlovsky?

Different game then too. Trent was flat out bad his first three years. What he became after 1998 was what he was. Freeman is a roller coaster, far less predictable.

Dilfer was also QB of a perennial playoff team with multiple future 1st ballot HOF'ers on it. Freeman was drafted to a team full of project pick ups and camp fodder that was in the beginning of a rebuild. So tell me who was more harmful again?
1. Dilfer didn't lose the 1999 NFC title game. King and Dungy did.

So what? Dilfer was the starter that year. If we would have cut bait sooner than we wouldn't have went into the game with a hurt Dilfer and wouldn't have had to rely on King.

2. What year did they NOT win when they should have? In 1996 and 1997, the Packers were too good and in 1998 the Vikings were too good.

Are you seriously making the argument that a better QB in the 90's wouldn't have made any difference? Wow. Interesting that you seem to think it would now though. By using the same logic, what year should we have won with Freeman that we didn't? Heck, if anything, Freeman was the only reason we won 10 games in 2010, because we sure as hell didn't have anyone else good on this team. What year did Trent Dilfer ever carry this team?

3. You cleverly use different criteria on the two QBs. When Dilfer was drafted the Bucs were bad too and he came before Sapp and Brooks. Using the other criteria the Bucs have added a lot of talent to go along with Freeman.

I'm not using different criteria at all. I'm pointing out the obvious. To suggest that we are hurting ourselves by giving Freeman time to develop on a rebuilding team more than we hurt ourselves by trusting Trent Dilfer to hold the reigns on a perennial playoff caliber team is asinine.

Remember the ill-fated 1995 season where we miraculously started 5-2 and Wyche put the nail in his coffin by promising the playoffs, and then finished the season 2-7 the rest of the way? Well our former top-10 pick at QB threw 18 INT's vs 4 TD passes that season. A better QB wouldn't have made a difference?

Remember in 1997, when we went 10-6, and lost to the Packers 21-7 in the Divisional round? Well our former 6th overall selection at QB went 11-36 for 200 yards, zero TD's and 2 INT's that game. A better QB wouldn't have made a difference?

Wow...

As far as the "they added talent this season" argument, so what? This was literally the 1st season Freeman has been surrounded with anything more than late picks and camp fodder, he also added a new coach and offensive system to learn. And although inconsistent, he ended up being the 1st Buccaneers QB ever to throw for 4,000 yards in a season.

The difference? IMHO we were never fooled with Dilfer. After 4-18, we should have known he'd never be great; but some are delusional enough to think Freeman WILL be great. IMHO if he isn't after this season, then he never will be. But he may be good enough to keep the Bucs strung out another few seasons.

QB's don't reach their peak until around 28 years old. Freeman is 25. To suggest that he "never will be" anything at this point is dumb. But it may very well be the case that Freeman will be done as a Buccaneer if he doesn't have a good season in 2013. I just happen to think it's also stupid to think that this will be better for the Buccaneers as an organization if that was to happen though. You act as though it's a sure thing that the guy we replace Freeman with is going to be better than him. It isn't.
: February 10, 2013, 11:20:11 AM CBWx2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#412 : March 06, 2013, 08:19:03 AM

Prediction for 2013-14 season.

Josh Freeman will improve from last year and develop more consistency as he has a 2nd year with VJ and most important a 2nd FULL year in the same offensive scheme. That same scheme that 2x Superbowl MVP Eli Manning says took him several years to truly master. We then sign Freeman to a huge long term deal and all you Freebashers continue to pick him apart for no other reason than he isn't Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady.

It's gonna be good.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#413 : March 06, 2013, 08:24:05 AM

Prediction for 2013-14 season.

Josh Freeman will improve from last year and develop more consistency as he has a 2nd year with VJ and most important a 2nd FULL year in the same offensive scheme. That same scheme that 2x Superbowl MVP Eli Manning says took him several years to truly master. We then sign Freeman to a huge long term deal and all you Freebashers continue to pick him apart for no other reason than he isn't Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady.

It's gonna be good.

+1. What this guy said.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Oracle

Starter

#414 : March 06, 2013, 09:20:32 AM

Prediction for 2013 season:

Bucs draft Barkley with their first round pick then immediately trade Freeman for a 2nd round pick.   They draft D the rest of the way and Barkley leads the Bucs to their first playoffs since Gruden was HC.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#415 : March 06, 2013, 12:08:53 PM

Prediction for 2013 season:

Bucs draft Barkley with their first round pick then immediately trade Freeman for a 2nd round pick.   They draft D the rest of the way and Barkley leads the Bucs to their first playoffs since Gruden was HC.

Oh my lord.

You lost me at Barkley.

There are only a handful of NFL QBs better than Freeman and certainly this year there are zero. Freeman is the one of the best 12 QBs. If we can find better, i'm all for it, but we aren't going to find any better between now and his contract ending next year.

Barkley man?!? Really?!?!

- Everyone

Oracle

Starter

#416 : March 06, 2013, 12:10:56 PM

Freeman is the one of the best 12 QBs.

Maybe in the NFC South.    But as far as entire NFL for starting QB's, he's absolutely one of the worst 12.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#417 : March 06, 2013, 12:17:12 PM

Sorry, I'm still laughing at you wanting to draft Matt Barkley with the 13th pick, lol.

- Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#418 : March 06, 2013, 12:27:53 PM

You know what is funny is that he probably will beat his stats from last year, this year or he really should beat his stats from last season. He started off pretty bad and then played great and then down again. If he minimizes what he did wrong last year and builds on what he did right last year he will easily surpass his stats from last season. If he does that this team should be in the mix for playoffs. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#419 : September 25, 2013, 10:44:09 PM

No more speculating, no more wondering. We have our guy. He is here, sign him long term. Josh Freeman has just broke the bucs record for most passing yards in 3 consecutive games with 1047. We know now he is our franchise and will win us a superbowl one day soon. Man it feels nice to stop wondering.

I'm sure we have some people who want to ignore the stats, which don't lie, so listen up. A QB's job is to pass the ball. Josh is now the best passer in bucs history making him the best QB in bucs history. Let's move on now.

Bwahahaha!

Page: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools