Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any words on Bowers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 25, 2012, 08:46:36 AM

Apparently he was very close to playing last week. I guess we should assume he made the trip?

It would be nice if just ONE member of the local media would update us on this.

Or did I miss it?

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 25, 2012, 09:19:05 AM

I doubt he will be playing.  We have to make some roster moves before we can do that.  We'll have to drop someone from the active roster and put Bowers on it.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 25, 2012, 11:16:53 AM

If I'm the coach - I'm keeping the Vikes guessing either way.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Ms Elam

Starter

#18 : October 25, 2012, 11:46:23 AM

If I'm the coach - I'm keeping the Vikes guessing either way.
Lol keep coaches guessing? Although we all think Bowers had the potential to be great, he hasn't done anything. I don't think the Vikings would loose any sleep if he was activated. I don't even think they would do anything to game plan for a guy with 2 sacks in his career

Super Selmon

Starter
#19 : October 25, 2012, 12:02:25 PM

If I was the coach I would sit Bowers until the Raiders game 10 days from now.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 25, 2012, 12:22:10 PM

It has been reported that Bowers made the trip. No roster changes so far.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 25, 2012, 12:47:40 PM

Well if he made the trip he must be suiting up, right? Wasn't a roster move made last week for him?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 25, 2012, 01:10:35 PM

If I was the coach I would sit Bowers until the Raiders game 10 days from now.

That could be the plan.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Mic

Starter

#23 : October 25, 2012, 04:45:53 PM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
GREAT NEWS: The Bucs have just activated DE Da'Quan Bowers from the PUP list. He should play tonight against the Vikings. To make room for Bowers on the 53-man roster, the team released CB LeQuan Lewis.

got it off of facebook

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : October 25, 2012, 05:19:29 PM

How is it that T-Zizzle and Bowers both got the same injury around the same time.. Suggs is back but we haven't heard a peep from Bowers...any words on this guy?

Yeah, ESPN just reported that he's active for tonight's game.

--------
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers just pulled a bit of a surprise.

Only hours before the Thursday night game with the Minnesota Vikings, the Bucs announced they have activated defensive end DaQuan Bowers from the physically unable to perform list. They waived cornerback LeQuan Lewis to create the roster spot for Bowers.

With the Bucs only practicing once in a short week and the game being played on artificial turf, I didnt think wed see Bowers until next week. But the Bucs obviously are up to speed on the progress of his recovery from a torn Achilles tendon and whether or not hes in football shape.

Still, Id look for them to bring Bowers along slowly. Id expect them to use Bowers along with George Johnson as part of the defensive end rotation behind starters Michael Bennett and Daniel Te'o-Nesheim.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#25 : October 25, 2012, 05:30:05 PM

Wouldve been nice to see Bowers out there, but whats the purpose??  Why rush him in a week or so early and risk causing a more serious career threatening injury. 

And how much did playing Suggs really matter when the team got routed?

wouldn't want to start him on artificial turf

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#26 : October 25, 2012, 09:28:44 PM

Yesss Bowers should get a few plays tonight and maybe have an impact..
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any words on Bowers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools