Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#120 : June 19, 2013, 10:21:32 AM

Lebron is getting the hell outta Miami next year.

Lebron is as much the problem . . .  considering he is supposed to be the best in the NBA

He's not paid like the best......Bosh and Lebron have identical salaries.....figure that out.

I did not know that, but I am not sure what that has to do with my comment

If he's the best in the NBA, he should be paid accordingly....but, that's not a issue with him, he never whines about anything. He's a great team player and a great person.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#121 : June 19, 2013, 10:42:01 AM

Lebron is as much the problem . . .  considering he is supposed to be the best in the NBA
How so? Lebron took over in the 4th and got them in position for Ray Allen to hit that game tying 3. Without Lebron doing that they lose and the finals are over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#122 : June 19, 2013, 10:45:27 AM

How so? Lebron took over in the 4th and got them in position for Ray Allen to hit that game tying 3. Without Lebron doing that they lose and the finals are over.

LeBron's triple-double wasn't enough for the PeanutButterBoy.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#123 : June 19, 2013, 11:03:14 AM

Lebron took over in the 4th? Wow, trying to figure out if we watched different games. I guess you could be right, but it did not feel like anyone was in control for the Heat . .  on their home court . . .4th quarter of Game 6.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#124 : June 19, 2013, 11:03:48 AM

LeBron's triple-double wasn't enough for the PeanutButterBoy.

reading challenged

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#125 : June 19, 2013, 11:17:00 AM

Lebron took over in the 4th? Wow, trying to figure out if we watched different games. I guess you could be right, but it did not feel like anyone was in control for the Heat . .  on their home court . . .4th quarter of Game 6.
He scored 16 points in the 4th quarter alone. Dunno what game you watched.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#126 : June 19, 2013, 11:30:43 AM

And the team overcame a 10 point deficit in the 4th.

#Clueless

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#127 : June 19, 2013, 11:30:45 AM

The genesis of my comments were the comparisons to Jordan.  Did you watch Jordan?  Did the Heat -- playing at home in Game 6 -- seem like they were in control of the game with Lebron leading the way in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter and even into overtime?  I recall LeBron missing a three pointer and then making one after a Bosch (I think rebound) and Allen actually hitting the key shot under defensive pressure.  Lebron turned over the ball crying for a foul on a break away, right?

My point was that he is called the best in the game right? Compared to Jordan?  That comparison falls flat.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#128 : June 19, 2013, 11:36:12 AM

And the team overcame a 10 point deficit in the 4th.

#Clueless

a 10 point deficit in 4th quarter of a Game 6 at home -- strike one in the Jordan comparison
they overcame it due to a heroic shot by Allen under pressure -- strike two in the Jordan comparison
James turned it over on a break away late inthe game -- strike three in the Jordan comparison
the overtime turned on blocks by Bosch and shots by Allen and James -- strike 4 in the Jordan comparison

I am not saying James isnt a good player, he had good stats in the game (not great), my point was that he is not Michael Jordan, as he is billed by some . . . not a guy who the team is going to put it all on at the end of Game 6 of the Finals

ws the Heat victory reminiscent of Jordan beating Ehlo or Byron Russell on the last shot? No . . . .
: June 19, 2013, 11:38:30 AM VinBucFan

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#129 : June 19, 2013, 11:38:11 AM

The genesis of my comments were the comparisons to Jordan.  Did you watch Jordan?  Did the Heat -- playing at home in Game 6 -- seem like they were in control of the game with Lebron leading the way in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter and even into overtime?  I recall LeBron missing a three pointer and then making one after a Bosch (I think rebound) and Allen actually hitting the key shot under defensive pressure.  Lebron turned over the ball crying for a foul on a break away, right?

My point was that he is called the best in the game right? Compared to Jordan?  That comparison falls flat.
You never once mentioned Jordan in the post you made to me. You said he was suppose to be the best in the NBA. I fail to see who is better than Lebron right now and I didn't realize Jordan was still playing. I never compared Lebron to Jordan either.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#130 : June 19, 2013, 11:41:31 AM

[/quote

You never once mentioned Jordan in the post you made to me. You said he was suppose to be the best in the NBA. I fail to see who is better than Lebron right now and I didn't realize Jordan was still playing. I never compared Lebron to Jordan either.

sorry, my comments start like this:

Lebron James is more Pippen than MJ

we were discussing an apple to an orange, my fault though, I couldve been clearer

the entire NBA game is more star driven then it was even when Jordan played, meaning the game is set up for one one one play, the whole concept of the Heat team is premised on James being the star, even more so than Wade or Bosh . ..  there were television shows about the move.  He doesnt live up to that hype (although he is a very good player) and last night was a pristine example
: June 19, 2013, 11:44:55 AM VinBucFan

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#131 : June 19, 2013, 11:44:46 AM

'Lil Vinny's in meltdown mode.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#132 : June 19, 2013, 11:44:56 AM

Lebron is better than Jordan...he has the greatest court awareness that I've seen....he sees everything. Jordan forced himself...Lebron  forces his team.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#133 : June 19, 2013, 11:45:51 AM

'Lil Vinny's in meltdown mode.

and you are in stalker mode . .  .again . .  . you cant help yourself obviously

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#134 : June 19, 2013, 11:46:42 AM

Lebron is better than Jordan...he has the greatest court awareness that I've seen....he sees everything. Jordan forced himself...Lebron  forces his team.

;)

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools