Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 31, 2013, 03:31:41 PM

I wonder if the Magic already regret not trading Howard to the Nets for Lopez, Humphries, etc. and picks?

They damn well should.

Vucevic is turning into a damn fine player,  IMO he'll surpass Lopez as a player in the next season or two. I think Hennigan got it right.

Could be.

Do you remember - was it three or four 1st rounders with Lopez and Humphries?

I want to say it was four total from multiple teams.

I'm just glad we didn't end up with Lopez, a 7 ft center who can't rebound..no thanks. Harkless may turn into a pretty legit player as well, I really think we made out well with the trade.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 31, 2013, 04:59:54 PM

lolz @ this clown:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8901534/reggie-evans-says-comments-miami-heat-were-blown-proportion

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#47 : February 03, 2013, 12:45:52 AM

I can't stand Screamin A Smith. Cavs are looking like they will have a bright future, Irving is balling and Waiters could be a good 2 guard down the road.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#48 : February 03, 2013, 11:40:17 AM

I can't stand Screamin A Smith. Cavs are looking like they will have a bright future, Irving is balling and Waiters could be a good 2 guard down the road.
Kyrie killed it, and I'm glad it was against Westbrook.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#49 : February 04, 2013, 04:13:07 AM

Kyrie killed it, and I'm glad it was against Westbrook.
I just hope he sticks around for his career, last thing we need is our best player bailing on us again.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#50 : February 07, 2013, 11:56:46 PM

hmmm, I might actually pay attention to dunk contest this year

East:

James White
Gerald Green
Terrance Ross

West:

Kenneth Faried
Eric Bledsoe
Jeremy Evans

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#51 : February 11, 2013, 06:21:16 PM

I saw this posted about Nikola Vucevic

November - 9.5 PPG, 7.9 RPG
December - 12.1 PPG, 12.8 RPG
January - 14.4 PPG, 12.9 RPG
February - 16.7 PPG, 14.3 RPG

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#52 : February 16, 2013, 12:32:07 AM

GD Lebron playing out of his mind lately. I still think MJ was better.  Lebron will have to string together another couple seasons of big time play to convince me.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#53 : February 16, 2013, 12:35:29 AM

With 50th birthday retrospectives all over TV, how are people fans of the current NBA?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#54 : February 16, 2013, 12:41:57 AM

With 50th birthday retrospectives all over TV, how are people fans of the current NBA?

Can't believe he is 50 already.  And you know, he still looks like he could play and be better than half the NBA right now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#55 : February 16, 2013, 01:08:57 AM

Can't believe he is 50 already.  And you know, he still looks like he could play and be better than half the NBA right now.

I agree completely and I count myself lucky to have spent so much of my life when he was on top form. There are many things more important, but still his days were beautiful days.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#56 : February 16, 2013, 01:43:10 AM

GD Lebron playing out of his mind lately. I still think MJ was better.  Lebron will have to string together another couple seasons of big time play to convince me.

If MJ played in this watered down version of the NBA people have become accustomed to, he'd absolutely decimate every team and player he faced. No hand checking, practically every rule favoring offensive players, and very few dominant defensive players in the league equals Jordan taking Lebron's numbers and taking a dump on them. I have no doubt he'd average damn near a triple double as well as 35-40 ppg for the season. Wilbon has a good article up on ESPN right now about the Jordan/Lebron comparisons, and it's a good one. Lebron is a good player who would put up good numbers in any era, but Jordan is by far the better overall player. We're talking about a guy known as an offensive force who once averaged 37 ppg on the season, who also won defensive player of the year. And all of this was against by far better competition than Lebron faces, with actual defense still in existence.

Jordan's 72-10 team could possibly go undefeated in today's NBA. To me, and many others, it doesn't even matter what Lebron ends up doing...because of the era he plays in he'll never do enough to equal Jordan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#57 : February 16, 2013, 11:13:54 PM

If MJ played in this watered down version of the NBA people have become accustomed to, he'd absolutely decimate every team and player he faced. No hand checking, practically every rule favoring offensive players, and very few dominant defensive players in the league equals Jordan taking Lebron's numbers and taking a dump on them. I have no doubt he'd average damn near a triple double as well as 35-40 ppg for the season. Wilbon has a good article up on ESPN right now about the Jordan/Lebron comparisons, and it's a good one. Lebron is a good player who would put up good numbers in any era, but Jordan is by far the better overall player. We're talking about a guy known as an offensive force who once averaged 37 ppg on the season, who also won defensive player of the year. And all of this was against by far better competition than Lebron faces, with actual defense still in existence.

Jordan's 72-10 team could possibly go undefeated in today's NBA. To me, and many others, it doesn't even matter what Lebron ends up doing...because of the era he plays in he'll never do enough to equal Jordan.

Can't argue any of that.

On a side note.  The hot rumor on talk radio today was the trade of Dwight Howard to the Celtics for Rondo.

Also heard Kobe is not too thrilled with Dwight laughing and joking around right after they lose a game by 20-30.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#58 : February 17, 2013, 10:29:20 AM

On a side note.  The hot rumor on talk radio today was the trade of Dwight Howard to the Celtics for Rondo.

rondo and nash together?  would think kobe would want a big man to give him a last run?

i admit, i dont watch a lot of NBA, but who in the world were those guys in the dunk contest?  jeremy evans and terrance ross?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#59 : February 17, 2013, 01:01:05 PM

rondo and nash together?  would think kobe would want a big man to give him a last run?

i admit, i dont watch a lot of NBA, but who in the world were those guys in the dunk contest?  jeremy evans and terrance ross?

The Dwight Howard experiment has been dreadful for the Lakers.  They can't get him out of there fast enough.  I think at this point they would trade him for a bag of chips.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools