Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#90 : May 16, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

Man I'm hoping for a Grizzles vs Pacers Finals. NBA will do everything possible to avoid that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#91 : May 17, 2013, 08:40:52 PM

Man I'm hoping for a Grizzles vs Pacers Finals. NBA will do everything possible to avoid that.

There already screwed with no Lakers in the west final.  Ratings are terrible.  So it will be the Heat and Spurs, or Heat and Grizzlies. Not exactly a ratings bonanza.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#92 : May 24, 2013, 02:44:37 AM

Surprised the Heat games have been up for grabs.  Pacers should have won that one the other night.  Their head coach is taking flak big time. Lebron strolls in for the layup to win the game, while 7-2 Hibbert  is sitting on the bench.  It was just too easy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#93 : May 25, 2013, 01:07:29 AM

Paul George!

Pacers making it a series

SoberInSac

Second String

#94 : May 29, 2013, 12:04:49 AM

Honestly i find this series boring as hell. the pacers offence is basically wait until thers about 5 seconds left on the shot clock throw it up at the rim and someone will get a rebound and put back. Yay that is awesome offence to watch...not....Im finding this very boring. Im starting to wonder if this is how people felt watching the Bucs years ago with a great defence and a terrible offence that will get you far but just not all the way.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#95 : May 30, 2013, 03:07:32 AM

Its funny, all they talk about on talk radio, is how that Heat / Spurs series will be.

Already writing off the Pacers.  Its 2-2 now, a lot could happen.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#96 : May 30, 2013, 05:25:06 AM

Its funny, all they talk about on talk radio, is how that Heat / Spurs series will be.

Already writing off the Pacers.  Its 2-2 now, a lot could happen.
This series is a few missed shots from either team being up 3-1. Going to be a good one and I wouldn't count them out.  I think everyone had the Heat pegged to a easy ride to the Finals though.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#97 : June 03, 2013, 03:54:40 AM

Well its over Monday night.  Would be a huge upset if the Pacers take game 7.  Pretty scrappy performance by them to even get it to 7 games.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#98 : June 07, 2013, 02:40:16 AM

Heat get smoked in game one.   At home no less.   They looked unbeatable a month ago.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#99 : June 12, 2013, 02:49:48 AM

The Heat peaked too early.  With about a month left in the season, they were rolling over teams. 

2-1 Spurs now, but I still think the Heat pull it out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#100 : June 17, 2013, 01:30:57 AM

Nice GD win by the Spurs.  Its turned out to be an entertaining series.  Now back to Miami.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#101 : June 17, 2013, 01:16:33 PM

Danny Green is tearing it up. If the Spurs win the Finals, he has to be the MVP.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#102 : June 17, 2013, 01:22:25 PM

Danny Green is tearing it up. If the Spurs win the Finals, he has to be the MVP.

Agreed.  As good as Parker is, Green's been unbelievable.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#103 : June 17, 2013, 10:26:47 PM

Nice GD win by the Spurs.  Its turned out to be an entertaining series.  Now back to Miami.

Talking heads on radio and tv all were giving it to the Heat after their last win.

Hell, they have been giving the Heat the championship since back in preseason.  That is what is so delicious about the Spurs taking the crown.

On a related note, if  Danny Green was to win the Finals MVP, it would be unprecedented.   There have been some Finals MVP winners that were not even the best players on their own team.

Cedrick Maxwell

Chauncey Billips.

But those guys were solid contributors during the season for their teams.   Averaging 15-16 points each.

Danny Green averaged 10 points a game during the season for the Spurs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#104 : June 17, 2013, 10:43:00 PM

Miami supporting cast outside the Big 3 is pretty bad. Allen was good last game, but he is not near the same player. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone that a team that is better coached and deeper is capable of beating the Heat.

Question is though, do the Heat make any sorta changes if they fail to win this year? I could see Bosh going, but Lebron and Wade should be safe.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools