Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #180 : June 23, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »

The game of basketball has eroded to the point that its unwatchable for me. 

I miss the old days of basket ball where it was a team sport and players played defense.  The mess on TV today is awful.

If it's unwatchable then you missed a ton of team play and great defense throughout these playoffs. The Pacers/Heat had some of the best defense I have seen in a long time. The Finals wasn't too bad either.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #181 : June 23, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »

I miss the old days of basket ball where it was a team sport and players played defense.  The mess on TV today is awful.

If it's unwatchable then you missed a ton of team play and great defense throughout these playoffs.

I had the same thought.  The Spurs/Heat both play great defense and are unselfish with the basketball.  And you're right about the Pacers defense as well, along with Chicago's defense.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #182 : June 23, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »

If it's unwatchable then you missed a ton of team play and great defense throughout these playoffs. The Pacers/Heat had some of the best defense I have seen in a long time. The Finals wasn't too bad either.

I actually had the same thought as the original comment, but agree with Joe that when I did tune in I was pleasantly surprised.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #183 : June 23, 2013, 02:48:39 PM »

I'm not sure we can say Lebron isn't clutch anymore. He averages more points in than anyone in NBA history in elimination games. He also has the best shooting % of anyone in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #184 : June 23, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »

I'm not sure we can say Lebron isn't clutch anymore. He averages more points in than anyone in NBA history in elimination games. He also has the best shooting % of anyone in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

He has worked on his game quite a bit. Turned himself into a pretty good outside player.  It will be interesting to see if they make any personnel moves.  Wade is 31, Bosh 29.  Those two looked like they were on their last legs in the finals.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #185 : June 23, 2013, 09:17:42 PM »

He has worked on his game quite a bit. Turned himself into a pretty good outside player.  It will be interesting to see if they make any personnel moves.  Wade is 31, Bosh 29.  Those two looked like they were on their last legs in the finals.
I think Bosh gets traded after the finals he had and the fact the Heat need a big that can be a defensive force. Wade probably doesn't have enough trade value to be worth it anymore. They probably play next year out and hope that Lebron and Wade stay. If they opt out, that 2014 FA class is insanely stacked.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #186 : June 27, 2013, 07:58:40 PM »

Dunno what to even say right now. Another undersized PF is the last thing we needed, I can't see this 260 pound dude playing SF and being able to guard anyone. Should've taken a Center or just took the SG from Kansas and used Waiters as a 6th man.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #187 : June 27, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »

Dunno what to even say right now. Another undersized PF is the last thing we needed, I can't see this 260 pound dude playing SF and being able to guard anyone. Should've taken a Center or just took the SG from Kansas and used Waiters as a 6th man.

No one saw that coming.  I saw a few mocks in the last week or so, and in a lot of them, Bennett was not even in the top 10.

I know a little about him.  Dude has an NBA body, but has quite a few red flags also.   In college, he could never play more than 4 minutes without getting totally gassed.  Out of shape?  Or is it something else?

Out of the blue, he said it was because of his asthma.   He went on to say he needed to hit his inhaler several times during games.  But his teamates said WTF?  Not one of them ever saw Bennett hit the inhaler even once during games.   I think he was doing damage control , from all the reports he was out of shape and lazy.

On the positive side, he just turned 20, and is really just a kid.  So maybe he can grow into a player worthy of the #1 pick in the 2013 draft.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #188 : June 27, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »

WOW. Sixers with the WTF move of the draft. Trading away an all star PG for a Center with 2 major knee injuries and a 2014 pick.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #189 : June 29, 2013, 09:55:04 PM »

That'a 2 years in a row for the 76ers. First Bynum, now giving away their best player...

Best pick of the draft, IMO, was Cody Zeller. Dude's a basketball rat, and he's CRAZY athletic.
His combine numbers were thru the roof. 7'0" and ran faster than Oladipo. And can jump thru the roof. There were other teams lined up ready to nab him if Charlotte hadn't... 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2013-05-17/nba-draft-combine-2013-cody-zeller-indiana-victor-olapido-kelly-olynyk-canada-ba

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #190 : June 29, 2013, 10:01:41 PM »

That'a 2 years in a row for the 76ers. First Bynum, now giving away their best player...

Best pick of the draft, IMO, was Cody Zeller. Dude's a basketball rat, and he's CRAZY athletic.
His combine numbers were thru the roof. 7'0" and ran faster than Oladipo. And can jump thru the roof. There were other teams lined up ready to nab him if Charlotte hadn't... 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2013-05-17/nba-draft-combine-2013-cody-zeller-indiana-victor-olapido-kelly-olynyk-canada-ba
I'm not sure Zeller will have too much success in the NBA.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #191 : June 30, 2013, 06:15:56 PM »

Strange pick at #1, but who knows,  maybe he turns into something down the road. I still think LeBron returns to the Cavs after 2014. He will have a couple championships under his belt. And him rejoining the Cavs would give them a pretty good chance of going all the way. They have Kyree, and this Bennett.  LeBron might find that a better option than those Heat senior citizens.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #192 : June 30, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »

Strange pick at #1, but who knows,  maybe he turns into something down the road. I still think LeBron returns to the Cavs after 2014. He will have a couple championships under his belt. And him rejoining the Cavs would give them a pretty good chance of going all the way. They have Kyree, and this Bennett.  LeBron might find that a better option than those Heat senior citizens.
I read a report where we have to spend 18 million this year to hit the salary floor. Which means Pekovic is likely coming here, we're going offer him a massive deal the first year to put the Timberwolves out of contention since he is a RFA. That would be our solution to the center problem. I like the kid from Russia we picked, I think he could be a beast off the bench in a few years.

Lebron coming back seems to be the worst kept secret, I've heard the guy say thats been covering him since his HS days that this was the case the first year he was there. Would be kinda funny if by next year we had someone like Wiggins on the team and told Lebron to piss off.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #193 : June 30, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »

I read a report where we have to spend 18 million this year to hit the salary floor. Which means Pekovic is likely coming here, we're going offer him a massive deal the first year to put the Timberwolves out of contention since he is a RFA. That would be our solution to the center problem. I like the kid from Russia we picked, I think he could be a beast off the bench in a few years.

Lebron coming back seems to be the worst kept secret, I've heard the guy say thats been covering him since his HS days that this was the case the first year he was there. Would be kinda funny if by next year we had someone like Wiggins on the team and told Lebron to piss off.

LOL

It would be a good one, but he will only be 29 by then, and have a few good years of b-ball left.   It really depends where his head is at.  Will he have had enough of the bright lights?  If he hasn't, he might want to go to the Lakers or Knicks.  But if he has had enough of all that, and has enough millions in the bank already, Cleveland makes sense.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #194 : July 03, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »

BREAKING: Celtics hire Butler’s Brad Stevens as new head coach: http://on.si.com/1b8qwge
  Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools