Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leslie Frazier says Freeman's 420-yard performance Sunday, " was scary " « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: October 24, 2012, 12:47:11 AM

Bucs' offense jelling at right time, Vikings' Frazier says

CLIFF McBRIDE/STAFF
Frazier says Josh Freeman's 420-yard performance Sunday against the Saints " was scary."

By ROY CUMMINGS | The Tampa Tribune
Published:  October 23, 2012 - 12:16 PM

TAMPA --

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers' offense is on the rise. It has jumped from 30th in the NFL to 20th since it returned from the bye three weeks ago and Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier doesn't see the rise slowing anytime soon.

As he continued to prepare Tuesday for the Vikings' matchup with the Bucs on Thursday night at Mall of America Field in Minneapolis, Frazier said the Bucs are just starting to find their offensive rhythm.

"I see an offense that's about to jell,'' Frazier said of the Bucs' attack, which has gained 976 yards and scored 59 points in the past two games. "And the game (quarterback) Josh Freeman had (last) Sunday was scary.

In Sunday's 35-28 loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, Freeman completed 24 of 42 passes for 420 yards, with three touchdowns and no interceptions.

"The ball was on target, he got the ball out in rhythm and the offensive line did a good job," Frazier said. "They're jelling at the just the right time. As the season goes on you want to get better as an offensive line, and it seems like they're doing that.''

The proof is in the production. When the Bucs returned from the bye, they were ranked 23rd in rushing, averaging 91 yards per game, and 29th in passing, averaging 185 yards per game.

They'll go into Thursday's game ranked 17th in rushing with a 101.2-yard average and 15th in passing with a 245.5-yard average.

"They're one of those groups that can strike from just about anywhere on the field,'' Frazier said. "They take shots down the field and they're successful in doing it, and they have a chance to put you away from an offensive standpoint.''

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : October 24, 2012, 12:51:17 AM

I will say that Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson are great WR's.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#2 : October 24, 2012, 01:05:48 AM

Java, you know better than to make uplifting statements about our WRs.

I am completely ignoring the fact you are making the point that Freeman sucks.  :P

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 24, 2012, 01:53:34 PM

I am completely ignoring the fact you are making the point that Freeman sucks.  :P

He is a big Stafford fan.      IIRC....5 td's...4 picks this season so far.

Freeman.......11 td's......5 picks

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 24, 2012, 02:30:06 PM

the Bucs definately match up well with the vikings. vikings biggest strength is rushing the ball which goes against the bucs biggest strength. vikings defense has been very good but they still have some problems with defending the pass.  will be an interesting matchup

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 24, 2012, 02:55:21 PM

Actually, 5 TD's and 6 INT's for Stafford. And he has Calvin Johnson, the best WR in the NFL, who he somehow constantly overthrows.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 24, 2012, 03:01:04 PM

He is a big Stafford fan.       IIRC....5 td's...4 picks this season so far.

Haven't you heard??...Stafford = Marino.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 24, 2012, 03:08:00 PM

the Bucs definately match up well with the vikings. vikings biggest strength is rushing the ball which goes against the bucs biggest strength. vikings defense has been very good but they still have some problems with defending the pass.  will be an interesting matchup

We do better against teams that emphasize the run game as that is our strength. That's why many, including myself, didn't like the Saints match up and don't like the Falcons match up. Also why I'll take us over the Panthers all day. I think we shock the world and beat the Vikings even though we are significant underdogs.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 24, 2012, 04:47:45 PM

A lot of it does have to do with the fact that they've been 3 pretty bad teams defensively. But at the same time, this is a team that faced some bad defenses last season and didn't take advantage. Now they are. It's good to see, but I'll also need to see it continue a little longer before I start believing in some huge rejuvenation.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 24, 2012, 06:28:03 PM

Actually, 5 TD's and 6 INT's for Stafford. And he has Calvin Johnson, the best WR in the NFL, who he somehow constantly overthrows.

His hero Sanchez has 9 TDs and 7 interceptions in 7 games along with a 3 and 4 record. Maybe Tebow's prayers are being answered.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 24, 2012, 08:13:00 PM

His hero Sanchez has 9 TDs and 7 interceptions in 7 games along with a 3 and 4 record. Maybe Tebow's prayers are being answered.

Java has several "hero QB's".   But Freeman doesn't get included in the group.   All his hero QB's have something in common, but I can't put my finger on it, for some reason.   [sarcasm]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#11 : October 24, 2012, 09:01:23 PM

Java has several "hero QB's".   But Freeman doesn't get included in the group.   All his hero QB's have something in common, but I can't put my finger on it, for some reason.   [sarcasm]

And why did this turn into a Java-bash?

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 24, 2012, 09:14:43 PM

And why did this turn into a Java-bash?

Java apologist?     Too many of those here already.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leslie Frazier says Freeman's 420-yard performance Sunday, " was scary " « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools