Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's stock rising « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 24, 2012, 01:38:26 PM

No doubt his stock is rising, but can he keep it going?  That is the million dollar question.  He has had some nice games in a row now, I will be looking for consistancy going forward.  Not sold on him 100% just yet, but he is defitnitly trending up, at least in my book.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 24, 2012, 01:40:41 PM

No doubt his stock is rising, but can he keep it going?  That is the million dollar question.  He has had some nice games in a row now, I will be looking for consistancy going forward.  Not sold on him 100% just yet, but he is defitnitly trending up, at least in my book.

I don't think he can or will keep it going. I mean he has been playing very well lately but another finishing the season like he's been playing recently would make him one of the 4 or 5 best QBs in the league. I'm a Freeman fan but my hope is he'll end up in the 10-12 range this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 24, 2012, 06:19:19 PM

I don't think anyone expects him to keep throwing for 300+ yards and 3 TDs every game....at least I hope people don't. He doesn't have too though. As long as he plays smart, limits the turn overs and has a BIG game every so often....everyone should be pleased.

The thing is fans like to compare their QB to the top 5 or even top 3 QBs and then get mad when they don't measure up. Not every team can have Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Brees. Those guys are some of the best QBs ALL TIME. They are in a small group of guys like Elway, Favre, Marino, and Montana. Fans need to be realistic. Just because your QB doesn't throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs each year, doesn't mean he sucks.
: October 24, 2012, 06:21:27 PM JDouble

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 24, 2012, 08:02:40 PM

I don't think he can or will keep it going. I mean he has been playing very well lately but another finishing the season like he's been playing recently would make him one of the 4 or 5 best QBs in the league. I'm a Freeman fan but my hope is he'll end up in the 10-12 range this year.

This week will be interesting, I assume the Vikes will try to eliminate the deep ball.  So we will have to see how Freeman does with the intermediate stuff.  Not exactly his strong point.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 24, 2012, 08:06:38 PM

This week will be interesting, I assume the Vikes will try to eliminate the deep ball.  So we will have to see how Freeman does with the intermediate stuff.  Not exactly his strong point.

We will see how effective they are at eliminating the deep ball.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 24, 2012, 08:09:43 PM

We will see how effective they are at eliminating the deep ball.

Not hard to do. But if they do, that opens up something else, like the run or short stuff.  Its up to Freeman/Sullivan to take advantage.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 24, 2012, 08:10:45 PM

I want to see him keep up his torrid pace!  Gotta stay consistent...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 24, 2012, 08:12:33 PM

I don't think anyone expects him to keep throwing for 300+ yards and 3 TDs every game....at least I hope people don't. He doesn't have too though. As long as he plays smart, limits the turn overs and has a BIG game every so often....everyone should be pleased.

The thing is fans like to compare their QB to the top 5 or even top 3 QBs and then get mad when they don't measure up. Not every team can have Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Brees. Those guys are some of the best QBs ALL TIME. They are in a small group of guys like Elway, Favre, Marino, and Montana. Fans need to be realistic. Just because your QB doesn't throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs each year, doesn't mean he sucks.

Agree. It's also really hard to get an Elite QB. You pretty much have to luck your way or lose a lot to get a solid draft choice. Even then it's no guarantee that your high draft QB is gonna be an elite guy. Or I guess you can trade for one. Good luck with that.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 24, 2012, 08:14:55 PM

I will probably catch some fire for this but I think he needs to be extended. I have been a supporter since before his draft. I know he has had some bumps. Freeman is still very young, and has a decent body of work. Imagine where he could be five years from now, with some consistency.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 24, 2012, 08:17:20 PM

I will probably catch some fire for this but I think he needs to be extended. I have been a supporter since before his draft. I know he has had some bumps. Freeman is still very young, and has a decent body of work. Imagine where he could be five years from now, with some consistency.

He's under contract this year and next. I'm probably the biggest Freeman supporter around, but there is no reason to rush into an extension. He needs to show this season and next that he can be consistently good. Dom and his agent can start negotiating mid way thru next season if he earns it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 24, 2012, 08:18:31 PM

If he can finish the year anything like the last 3, he will get the extension. No doubt.  He would have to really crash and burn at this point, to NOT get extended.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 24, 2012, 08:20:37 PM

He's under contract this year and next. I'm probably the biggest Freeman supporter around, but there is no reason to rush into an extension. He needs to show this season and next that he can be consistently good. Dom and his agent can start negotiating mid way thru next season if he earns it.

I dont think they wait that long J man.

I think they get it done after the season, this season.

If he was to light it up the rest of the season, and they don't extend him, he could say F-you in 2013 and reach the free agent market.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 24, 2012, 08:21:59 PM

Ceiling is too high for #5, IMO.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 24, 2012, 08:27:20 PM

AJ....yeah if he dontinues to light it up and has a great season then it's probably time after this season. I guess I just don't expect that. He has had a few good games but this is still a new complicated system very similar to the one Eli Manning is in, and it took Eli like 3 or 4 years to get really good in it. Besides that, there are so many new coaches and players...I just think Freeman will still have some ugly games this season. It's a process and I expect more growing pains.
: October 24, 2012, 08:29:03 PM JDouble

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 24, 2012, 08:31:33 PM

AJ....yeah if he dontinues to light it up and has a great season then it's probably time after this season. I guess I just don't expect that. He has had a few good games but this is still a new complicated system very similar to the one Eli Manning is in, and it took Eli like 3 or 4 years to get really good in it. Besides that, there are so many new coaches and players...I just think Freeman will still have some ugly games this season. It's a process and I expect more growing pains.

No doubt there will still be some rough games, I think Josh is on his way.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's stock rising « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools