Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's stock rising « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 24, 2012, 08:32:09 PM

AJ....yeah if he dontinues to light it up and has a great season then it's probably time after this season. I guess I just don't expect that. He has had a few good games but this is still a new complicated system very similar to the one Eli Manning is in, and it took Eli like 3 or 4 years to get really good in it. Besides that, there are so many new coaches and players...I just think Freeman will still have some ugly games this season. It's a process and I expect more growing pains.

I hear ya, but even if it panned out like that, I would still extend him after this season.  If he turns into Eli at some point, and they haven't extended him yet, dude can back up the Brinks truck if he hits the free agent market.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#31 : October 24, 2012, 08:55:26 PM

AJ....yeah if he dontinues to light it up and has a great season then it's probably time after this season. I guess I just don't expect that. He has had a few good games but this is still a new complicated system very similar to the one Eli Manning is in, and it took Eli like 3 or 4 years to get really good in it. Besides that, there are so many new coaches and players...I just think Freeman will still have some ugly games this season. It's a process and I expect more growing pains.

I hear ya, but even if it panned out like that, I would still extend him after this season.  If he turns into Eli at some point, and they haven't extended him yet, dude can back up the Brinks truck if he hits the free agent market.

I highly highly highly doubt that Freeman will be extended with the team if he doesn't produce winning numbers for the remainder of his current contract.

You can't put up mostly below average, sprinkled with mediocre, and very rare elite numbers against ONLY **CENSORED**ty pass defenses and expect to stay with any team. Here's to hoping Freeman pulls it off! I'll be cheering for the guy to not screw up every game of the year.

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 24, 2012, 09:19:29 PM

I highly highly highly doubt that Freeman will be extended with the team if he doesn't produce winning numbers for the remainder of his current contract.

You can't put up mostly below average, sprinkled with mediocre, and very rare elite numbers against ONLY **CENSORED**ty pass defenses and expect to stay with any team. Here's to hoping Freeman pulls it off! I'll be cheering for the guy to not screw up every game of the year.

Why wait?   He is already the best QB the Bucs have ever had.   Do you really want to see him putting up MVP numbers in 2014 in a Jags, Jets, Seahawks or Cowboys uniform?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#33 : October 24, 2012, 09:33:26 PM

Why wait?   He is already the best QB the Bucs have ever had.   Do you really want to see him putting up MVP numbers in 2014 in a Jags, Jets, Seahawks or Cowboys uniform?

lol. That is precisely what is going to happen. I'm calling it here first! Well, probably not first, but you get the picture.
He will be a baller on his next team. Guaranteed.

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 24, 2012, 09:48:51 PM

No need to worry bout that, AJ. If he is let go from Tampa, it's cause he couldn't get it done. So ^^^^ isn't happening.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 24, 2012, 09:55:00 PM

No need to worry bout that, AJ. If he is let go from Tampa, it's cause he couldn't get it done. So ^^^^ isn't happening.

Or.......they wait too long to extend him, and he says F-you and heads for greener pastures.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's stock rising « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools