Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Barron vs. Harrison Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

: October 24, 2012, 05:05:43 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing these 2 guys on the field in the same game.    Harrison Smith was one of the candidates for rookie of the week last week and Barron made some plays early in the season but seems to be struggling lately.   The top 2 safeties in this year's draft.   This should be interesting.
: October 24, 2012, 06:53:03 PM JavaRay

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 24, 2012, 05:17:32 PM

When has Barron struggled? Hes laying better than most rookies. Also, most rookies have some bad plays or reads...it happens.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 24, 2012, 05:24:23 PM

Barron is a pretty bad tackler, and right now, has too many coverage breakdowns. He's a rookie though, and of course has had his great moments, so nothing to be concerned about for the future, but right now I can't call him a good player.

For a 6th overall safety, you expect a guy to be a very consistent tackler who can not only jack people up, but actually be able to wrap up and take good angles when they need to.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 24, 2012, 05:34:41 PM

bad tackler? any evidence of this. He hasnt missed too many tackles from what Ive seen.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 24, 2012, 05:45:30 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing these 2 guys on the field at the same time.    Harrison Smith was one of the candidates for rookie of the week last week and Barron made some plays early in the season but seems to be struggling lately.   The top 2 safeties in this year's draft.   This should be interesting.
i doubt you see them on the field at the same time unless one plays on offense.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 24, 2012, 05:47:31 PM

I doubt you will see Freeman and Ponder on the field at the same time either.   But their teams are playing against each other and people will compare their performances.    Same with Barron and Harrison.   It will be interesting to see them on the same field.

yungbull

Starter
#6 : October 24, 2012, 05:51:58 PM

WTH Wasnt Barron up for Rookie of the Week just a week ago?  And now hes struggling?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 24, 2012, 05:53:45 PM

WTH Wasnt Barron up for Rookie of the Week just a week ago?  And now hes struggling?

Its Java. cmon, everyone knows he isnt struggling, but it wouldnt fit Javas agenda.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 24, 2012, 05:55:08 PM

True.   But look at what Brees did recently.  He picked on Barron ruthlessly.   It seems people have figured out how to exploit his weaknesses.

yungbull

Starter
#9 : October 24, 2012, 06:01:15 PM

Lol Ok man, you gotta get a life.  I usually ignore most of your threads for this exact reason.  I would expect this from a 9year old poster, but come on...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 24, 2012, 06:07:59 PM

I'm not sure about that.   I haven't really seen much of Harrison.   But this game will be the game I do.   

Creamsicles!

Rookie

#11 : October 24, 2012, 06:14:45 PM

I'm not sure about that.   I haven't really seen much of Harrison.   But this game will be the game I do.

My girlfriend is a die hard Vikings fan so I am forced to watch Vikings games with her. She absolutely loves Harrison, has his jersey and everything. I started paying extra attention to him and I have to be honest with you, the kid can flat out play football. He is a WHITE as well.

This is usually what it boils down to for you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 24, 2012, 06:19:42 PM

Barron's a baller!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 24, 2012, 06:21:57 PM

both have been playing very well

smith is one of the reasons minnesota's defense has been playing so well. the kid is a baller and not someone you want to go against over the middle. he and barron are both going to be elite safeties in the coming years

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 24, 2012, 06:22:42 PM

bad tackler? any evidence of this. He hasnt missed too many tackles from what Ive seen.

He doesn't pursue very well from behind. I think Java has a gif of this from the Carolina game. That was the worst offense, but it's happened like 5 times since then, but other players have been close to finish the play.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Barron vs. Harrison Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools