Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Barron vs. Harrison Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Creamsicles!

Rookie

#15 : October 24, 2012, 06:23:21 PM

I'm not sure about that.   I haven't really seen much of Harrison.   But this game will be the game I do.

My girlfriend is a die hard Vikings fan so I am forced to watch Vikings games with her. She absolutely loves Harrison, has his jersey and everything. I started paying extra attention to him and I have to be honest with you, the kid can flat out play football. He is a WHITE as well.

This is usually what it boils down to for you.

WHITE WHITE WHITE

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 24, 2012, 06:38:24 PM

I haven't seen much of Smith so I'm looking forward to seeing how he's playing. I thought this could be an interesting thread until I hopped it and saw that it was a troll cluster f.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 24, 2012, 06:42:57 PM

I haven't seen much of Smith so I'm looking forward to seeing how he's playing. I thought this could be an interesting thread until I hopped it and saw that it was a troll cluster f.

agree.  thought he might not be a bad option in the 2nd.  i did see two missed tackles on PTI tonight while dungy was praising rg3.  here's to hoping for a bunch more tomorrow.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : October 24, 2012, 06:44:21 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000083556/QB-Brees-to-WR-Morgan-48-yd-pass-TD

Look at this play, Barron falls down and doesn't get up and try. If he gets up he makes the tackle, maybe this is the play that lost the game for the bucs. Barron was clearly loafing.

There were a few plays like that against the Saints.   I think Brees was looking for Barron all day to exploit him as a weakness.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 24, 2012, 06:45:04 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing these 2 guys on the field at the same time.   

You really are clueless. They are both safeties. They won't be on the field at the same time.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 24, 2012, 06:53:40 PM

Read the thread next time...

I doubt you will see Freeman and Ponder on the field at the same time either.   But their teams are playing against each other and people will compare their performances.    Same with Barron and Harrison.   It will be interesting to see them on the same field.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 24, 2012, 07:14:49 PM

There were a few plays like that against the Saints.   I think Brees was looking for Barron all day to exploit him as a weakness.

Him fearing to test the other Safety, the one that just picked him off, might be a reason there too, don't ya think? In 2nd half he seemed to not even want to 'test' anything anymore, lol

But, yeah, Barron is  far from a finished product., you can see why he was drafted that early though , why we had to is a different question.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 25, 2012, 07:49:08 AM

I doubt you will see Freeman and Ponder on the field at the same time either.   But their teams are playing against each other and people will compare their performances.    Same with Barron and Harrison.   It will be interesting to see them on the same field.

I think this match up will prove once and for all who has the better punter.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 25, 2012, 07:58:06 AM

Tonight's game will show everyone who has the better weak side linebacker!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 25, 2012, 07:58:58 AM

Being fair to Java: Smith has been very good this year. Barron, while very good most of the season, was NOT good last week.

In Verner We Trust

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 25, 2012, 08:19:55 AM

I think this match up will prove once and for all who has the better punter.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 25, 2012, 09:24:20 AM

Being fair to Java: Smith has been very good this year. Barron, while very good most of the season, was NOT good last week.

To be fair Smith faced Skelton while Barron had Brees last week. 

JohnBuc06

Starter

#27 : October 25, 2012, 11:18:35 AM

To be fair Smith faced Skelton while Barron had Brees last week.

+1

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 25, 2012, 11:25:42 AM

+1.

Barron has been pretty inconsistent in pass coverage this season. It wasn't just against the Saints that he has struggled.

As for Barron vs. Smith. I think the y are both good young safeties and I was thinking about something similar to this thread a few days ago. It will be fun to watch them both tonight.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 25, 2012, 11:27:04 AM

Started a thread about Harrison last night but 3sk deleted it because he has a agenda clearly.

Anti-troll agendas are the worst....

::)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Barron vs. Harrison Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools