Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFCS momentum shift? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: October 26, 2012, 10:28:43 PM

Is the momentum shifting in the NFC south with the Bucs slowly peaking? We always knew the silver lining of our cursive schedule was a backlog of divisional games but what we didn't expect was the complete 180 of this team from last season.
The saints seem to have life at 2-4 and as long as they have Brees, they have as good a chance as any to catch fire and run off a streak of wins toward the postseason.
Are the falcons peaking too soon? Even at an impressive 6-0, the regular season wins doesn't seem to impress the media as would some other small market undefeated team. The post season is the elephant in the georgia dome so for now they're just shooting par for course. Their wins have gotten uglier each week so they may have peaked in the preseason.lol (we can only hope)
The Bucs and saints are both playing well enough to make a hard push for a wild card and the good thing is, it's too early to tell but with the Bucs beating the 5-2 Vikes in convincing fashion and Brees beating the Bucs in a shootout, I say one of these teams gets a wildcard in week 17. What say you?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : October 26, 2012, 10:30:33 PM

but what we didn't expect was the complete 180 of this team from last season.

Last year they started out 4-2, this year they started 2-4.   I guess that's a 180 if you want to call it that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 26, 2012, 10:30:59 PM

I say the Falcons get their first loss sunday.... HATE rooting for the Eagles but #itsabucslife

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2012, 10:31:34 PM

Last year they started out 4-2, this year they started 2-4.   I guess that's a 180 if you want to call it that.

Stay punked out

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 26, 2012, 10:35:26 PM

I say the Falcons get their first loss sunday.... HATE rooting for the Eagles but #itsabucslife

Lol. Feels real dirty rooting for the Eagles but we need them to win. Andy Reid is undefeated after a bye week as a HC

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 26, 2012, 10:41:22 PM

Bucs are playing tough.  They could be in a much better place, record wise with steadier QB play (earlier), and some more calculated play calls based on in-game scenarios, but they are giving good teams a run for their money, in each game, and have blown out two opponents in a display of improved physicality.  This team may go through some rocky times, but they can beat some teams now.

Jr.3

Second String

#6 : October 26, 2012, 10:43:06 PM

Dont think we will be able to catch the Falcons. So I hope they beat all the NFC East teams just in case we are fighting one of them for a playoff spot.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 26, 2012, 10:49:37 PM

Dont think we will be able to catch the Falcons. So I hope they beat all the NFC East teams just in case we are fighting one of them for a playoff spot.

Nonsense

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 26, 2012, 10:58:04 PM

we're already 0-3 against the NFC East so right now we have to win out, losing only 2 games the rest of the way. We're peaking and I think we can do it.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 26, 2012, 10:59:34 PM

Heard a stat that the Eagles are 13-0 under Reid after bye weeks, and as much as I hate the Eagles I'd love to see them make it 14-0. I just think the Eagles are too carless with the ball though, and the Falcons don't make mistakes. I think the Eagles lose this one, maybe big, and the wheels start to come off (hope I'm wrong though, at least for this week).

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 26, 2012, 11:00:09 PM

I hear ya but I hate the falcons more and imagine having to pull for them in week 17, when they're resting their starters...

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 26, 2012, 11:01:04 PM

I hear ya but I hate the falcons more and imagine having to pull for them in week 17, when they're resting their starters...

We play them in Week 17, so I don't think you'll have that problem.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 26, 2012, 11:03:12 PM

Heard a stat that the Eagles are 13-0 under Reid after bye weeks, and as much as I hate the Eagles I'd love to see them make it 14-0. I just think the Eagles are too carless with the ball though, and the Falcons don't make mistakes. I think the Eagles lose this one, maybe big, and the wheels start to come off (hope I'm wrong though, at least for this week).
The iggles dline is good enough to slow down the falcons pass attack. I agree that their O is not to be trusted especially against a good defense. Close defensive game and the iggles wi...hack..n on a late field goal.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 26, 2012, 11:04:55 PM

We play them in Week 17, so I don't think you'll have that problem.
lol. forgot about that. Well's how about needing to pull for them week 16?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 26, 2012, 11:06:01 PM

we've won 1 more game than last yr so yea, I want to call it that.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFCS momentum shift? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools