Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the elephant in the election « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12

spartan

Hall of Famer
#45 : October 29, 2012, 09:58:45 AM

I think some people cannot differentiate between racist and bigotted. Racists are by their nature bigotted, but you can be bigotted without being a racist. Prejudice has many root causes, many of which have nothing to do with racism.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#46 : October 29, 2012, 10:04:28 AM

how many asian-american presidents have we had?  female?  hispanic?

None ....and zero  ever even nominated by our benevolent DEMOCRAT party. ... Racists.

Ya, it's all about race...   Can't be anything to do with our system being horrible and based on cronyism and corporate power.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#47 : October 29, 2012, 10:19:28 AM

I think some people cannot differentiate between racist and bigotted. Racists are by their nature bigotted, but you can be bigotted without being a racist. Prejudice has many root causes, many of which have nothing to do with racism.

However prejudice is a vital part in the defining of racism. 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 29, 2012, 10:35:33 AM

Because having no black president is a true sign of racism , you and Durango said so yourselves.

Where did either of us say that? Are you going after those straw men and red herrings again?

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#49 : October 29, 2012, 10:40:20 AM

Because having no black president is a true sign of racism , you and Durango said so yourselves.

Where did either of us say that? Are you going after those straw men and red herrings again?

Thank you.

My patience had already ran out and I couldn't be bothered to respond and help him w/ his own argument.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 29, 2012, 10:41:55 AM

Why are we always polling whitey to see if he's racist? Why not any other groups? Are we afraid we might find out that whites are the least racist group, but the one shouldering all the blame?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#51 : October 29, 2012, 10:51:32 AM

Why are we always polling whitey to see if he's racist? Why not any other groups? Are we afraid we might find out that whites are the least racist group, but the one shouldering all the blame?

How could you assert that whites are least racist after claiming no other groups get polled?

Hardly sounds scientific to me.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 29, 2012, 10:53:41 AM

"Racial attitudes have not improved in the four years since the United States elected its first black president, "

Nothing will improve for as long as it remains acceptable to promote anti-white sentiment under the guise of anti racism.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 29, 2012, 10:56:13 AM

" Hardly sounds scientific to me. "

Perhaps your foray into the world of science should be postponed until you can comprehend what a question mark stands for.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 29, 2012, 10:56:46 AM

: October 29, 2012, 10:58:43 AM JavaRay

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#55 : October 29, 2012, 10:58:05 AM

Over 230 + years there have been 42 white men as president and zero black presidents.

How could it be that some people actually think racism has played some part in all this........That's crazy talk!

Of course all that unpleasantry is in the past and doesn't exist anymore.

of course it doesn't. racism ended for white people after the civil rights act was passed. now only black people are racist.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 29, 2012, 10:58:54 AM

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#57 : October 29, 2012, 10:59:45 AM

I'm sure that we can all agree that racism in this country is a two way street.  As far as the polling is concerned it's likely explained that whitey gets polled on this question because of the overt history of racial discrimination existing to such extremes for so many years. Doesn't make it right, but I'm not the one in charge of the polling demographics.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#58 : October 29, 2012, 11:02:18 AM

" Hardly sounds scientific to me. "

Perhaps your foray into the world of science should be postponed until you can comprehend what a question mark stands for.

Easy now...I answered your question above.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#59 : October 29, 2012, 11:08:46 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_and_ethnic_discrimination_in_the_United_States
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the elephant in the election « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools