Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the elephant in the election « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #150 : November 12, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »

I doubt that is wishful thinking.   So far Obama's popularity is about exactly what Bush's was after 4 years.

No it isn't.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #151 : November 12, 2012, 07:16:12 AM »

I do know "of" one person who thinks Obama is doing a good job. 

But I don't personally know her.  (Thank God)

Gimme mah Stash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

« #152 : November 12, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »

She says Obamaphone but the program started under W. So really she should be aksing for her BushPhone

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #153 : November 12, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »

I doubt that is wishful thinking.   So far Obama's popularity is about exactly what Bush's was after 4 years.

No it isn't.

CBW is right, its not even close. Arguably, the word popularity is a misnomer but at a minimum Obama has much stronger core support than Bush ever had.  That has some to do with Obama (give the guy credit) and some to do with the current demographics.  To illustrate the point:

"In 1988, Michael Dukakis lost the white vote by 19 points and won 111 electoral votes. In 2012, Barack Obama lost the white vote by a worse margin -- 20 points -- and tripled Dukakis with 332 electoral votes."

The country has changed. Romney never had a chance.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/11/2-graphs-that-should-accompany-every-discussion-of-the-gops-demographics-problem/265032/

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #154 : November 12, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »

She says Obamaphone but the program started under W. So really she should be aksing for her BushPhone
how dare you speak the truth here and not stroke the fragile egos of the repubtards? Shame on you!

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #155 : November 12, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »

how dare you speak the truth here and not stroke the fragile egos of the repubtards? Shame on you!

you are all that is right with American politics, classy through and through. we need more like you to bring everyone together

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #156 : November 13, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »

Two days after the elcetion and wreck ship is still MIA. I guess he's is still hung over from his "Victory over whitey" party.  Racists... gotta love em.

Map and rest of the story at link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230222/Presidential-Election-2012-Map-charts-racist-tweets-nation.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

A great deal of Americans were justifiably upset when Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney lost the election.

But rather than using social media to express their frustration and disappointment in an elegant way, many Twitter users instead used the platform to post shockingly racist tweets, calling President Obama a ‘n*****’ and a ‘monkey.’

A map collected by Floating Sheep, a collective of geography academics, shows the shocking demographic of racist 'hate tweets,' many of them collected from states that were won by Romney.

The majority of the tweets, as Jezebel noted, were often from young white residents in southern states. MailOnline has chosen not to name these social media users.

One male user wrote on Election Day following Romney’s loss: ‘Ok we pick a worthless n***** over a full blooded American what the h*** has our world come its (sic) called the white house for a reason.’

Another wrote: ‘F*** you, Obama. Your (sic) a stupid n***** and you don’t do anything good for our country.’

Using geodata called DOLLY (Data On Local Life and You), Floating Sheep mapped out tweets beginning November 1. They then calculated the percentage of each state’s so-called hate tweets in relation to the gross number of tweets coming out of that state.

The site noted, too, that the phenomenon wasn’t only in the south – a series of racist tweets trickled up the Eastern Seaboard, and could also be found in Utah and Missouri.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230222/Presidential-Election-2012-Map-charts-racist-tweets-nation.html#ixzz2BjZxA12D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230222/Presidential-Election-2012-Map-charts-racist-tweets-nation.html#ixzz2BjZJKg6g
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't think anybody is going to defend those racist rednecks who tweeted that garbage but do any of us think it would have been a whole lot different if Obama had lost?  The words would have been different and likely directed in a different direction but I think you'd have seen lots of racist bs from Obama lovers about southerners, whitey or the wealty. 

I'm just trying to call a spade a spade and especially when a racist goes around calling others racist all the time.  The guy doesn't even make the tiniest effort to conceal his hatred of rich white guys or people who happen to live in the south and mysteriously happen to be white or god forbid... Republicans.  Hell all republiturds must be rich and white right?

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #157 : November 13, 2012, 11:06:35 AM »

Wait a minute... you mean Bush, a republican president started giving out cell phones and credit cards after katrina? Even to black folks?  I thought he was responsible for Katrina because he wanted to kill all the black folks in New Orleans?  Thats what the "not racist" black guy Kanye West (A still beloved celebrity) said.. On national television. 

We need to hold all Americans to the same standards.  This **CENSORED** is ridiculous and dragging the country down.  Racisim is racisim no matter if it comes from the mouth of a minority or that of one of those fat, rich, white, racist republicans some of you keep talking about.   :-*
« : November 13, 2012, 11:13:16 AM jbear »

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #158 : November 13, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »

you are all that is right with American politics, classy through and through. we need more like you to bring everyone together
+1. Bringing everyone to the table except the extreme pubes. If they even get close to the table I'm lettin the dogs loose on em.

Not like they want a seat anyway..they now want their own country

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #159 : November 13, 2012, 11:28:59 AM »

Wait a minute... you mean Bush, a republican president started giving out cell phones and credit cards after katrina? Even to black folks?  I thought he was responsible for Katrina because he wanted to kill all the black folks in New Orleans?  Thats what the "not racist" black guy Kanye West (A still beloved celebrity) said.. On national television. 

We need to hold all Americans to the same standards.  This **CENSORED** is ridiculous and dragging the country down.  Racisim is racisim no matter if it comes from the mouth of a minority or that of one of those fat, rich, white, racist republicans some of you keep talking about.   :-*
fat, rich, white, racist republicans are the minority

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #160 : November 13, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »

+1. Bringing everyone to the table except the extreme pubes. If they even get close to the table I'm lettin the dogs loose on em.

A guy who calls republican "repubtards" and who suggested a vote against Obama was racism is calling other people "extreme?"  Maybe you missed the point of my post. Well, I am guessing you just ignored it.  ::)

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #161 : November 13, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »

Well by your standards... now being a minority, they can no longer be racists.  Those beaten down, rich, fat, white guys keep getting kicked around by the majority and as the oppressed minority they are now entitled to their biggoted viewpoints. Enjoy your new America but I doubt being in the majority that you'll suddenly consider yourself the oppressor.  Hypocrite. 

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #162 : November 13, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »

A guy who calls republican "repubtards" and who suggested a vote against Obama was racism is calling other people "extreme?"  Maybe you missed the point of my post. Well, I am guessing you just ignored it.  ::)
you're wrong, but then again you defend repubtards so perhaps you were born that way. You get a pass.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #163 : November 13, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »

Well by your standards... now being a minority, they can no longer be racists.  Those beaten down, rich, fat, white guys keep getting kicked around by the majority and as the oppressed minority they are now entitled to their biggoted viewpoints. Enjoy your new America but I doubt being in the majority that you'll suddenly consider yourself the oppressor.  Hypocrite.
so what entitled them to their bigoted viewpoints when they were the majority?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #164 : November 13, 2012, 07:25:43 PM »

The definition of "rich" prevents it from ever comprising a majority.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
  Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the elephant in the election « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools