Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 28, 2012, 09:18:43 AM

I'd love it if we could get something for his dumb ass , even it's just a 6th rounder . He's not going to be here next year anyways .

What's with all the HATE?

Because he lost the Saints game being a 250 pound softie. He's useless except for a highlight run twice a season. Get rid of him if you can get something for him.

So a next year's 6/7 rd pick is more valuable to you than a legit backup rb?

Why not ?? Is this year's backup RB going to be the difference between this team going to the Superbowl or not ? Hell no .

Can we use all the extra picks we can get to build depth for the future ? Hell yes.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 28, 2012, 09:19:59 AM

Let's not forget that Blount is a runner that never starts well and needs several carries to get into a rhythm. I'm not surprised that he's acting tentative,  he's never been a power runner, he's a finesse runner and it was wrong of Sullivan to look at his body and think 'power'. Morris had the same issue with Blount. He looks like he SHOULD be a power back. But, make no mistake, when Blount gets into his rhythm, he IS a good runner. I definitely would not part with the guy for less than a 4th and frankly, I think we'll all be glad he's still on the roster later in the season.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 28, 2012, 09:20:37 AM

Unless i'm mistaken, he can be traded after the season. And just because we aren't going to the Superbowl this yr doesn't mean we have to make boneheaded moves.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 28, 2012, 09:31:00 AM

Let's not forget that Blount is a runner that never starts well and needs several carries to get into a rhythm. I'm not surprised that he's acting tentative,  he's never been a power runner, he's a finesse runner and it was wrong of Sullivan to look at his body and think 'power'. Morris had the same issue with Blount.

..and coach has been trying to coach him all season to use that 250 pounds and run hard. He won't listen .

If you are claiming he isn't any good in a situational role , which I agree , then that makes him even more useless to us because that's what we need him for.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 28, 2012, 09:48:30 AM

I'd love it if we could get something for his dumb ass , even it's just a 6th rounder . He's not going to be here next year anyways .

What's with all the HATE?

Because he lost the Saints game being a 250 pound softie. He's useless except for a highlight run twice a season. Get rid of him if you can get something for him.

So a next year's 6/7 rd pick is more valuable to you than a legit backup rb?

Skip, I am going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I do, however agree with you that Blount is a taalented running back. That said, he has to be used properly, like he was used his first year, 20/30 carries a game. In his current role, he is useless as a 3rd down back, goal line scorer, even in relief of Martin. IF and it's a bif IF we can get something of value for him, I say trade him, get a pick (4th) and draft another back next year. I know you will counter with if Martin gets hurt, who then, but if that happens and Blount is here I don't think the offensive philosophy is set up for his talents. I do like Blount though.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

nitey

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 28, 2012, 09:52:08 AM

I agree, Blount isn't all that good in a situational role (or at least not that of a short yardage back), but he does have value. Blount's contract pays him next to nothing and he's an exclusive rights Free agent next season. Over the last two seasons, he has performed well enough as a featured back to make holding on to him as insurance against a Martin injury. If Ware was more talented than Blount, I think you'd see Coach playing Ware over Blount, but that hasn't been the case. Ware prior to this season only has had 88 total snaps and only started 1 game. I have to believe he's 3rd on the depth chart for a reason. Trading Blount for a token 6th or 7th round pick just isn't worth it IMO.

Again, it's the insurance factor that we need him for, not really for his power running ability. If Blount was making 2.5M this season, I'd have to agree, but the guy is making something like 350k. That's pretty cheap insurance to have a proven back behind Martin.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

TheKingoftheWorld

Practice Squad

#21 : October 28, 2012, 10:05:56 AM

What about trading Blount straight up for Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 28, 2012, 10:06:58 AM

Its all about insurance for me. If Blount can't fill his role, then replace him in the offseason. And i don't see us getting a 4 for him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 28, 2012, 10:13:04 AM

Unless an elite corner or pass rusher is coming in return, no thanks. Picks no way. Because the market just ain't what it used to be for running backs. And any draft pick isn't going to contribute until next year.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 28, 2012, 10:32:17 AM

Its all about insurance for me. If Blount can't fill his role, then replace him in the offseason. And i don't see us getting a 4 for him.

I agree with this. DJ Ware just isn't good.. and Michael Smith? Really? He can't get active on game day.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 28, 2012, 10:33:56 AM

Pure speculation by Polian.  I dont think Blount is going anywhere

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 28, 2012, 10:49:30 AM

I would hate to see Blount go but I think it would be in the Bucs best interest to trade him. Next year he is a restricted free agent and I don't see to Bucs especially Schiano wanting him resigned. I think they'll trade him and get something. He is set to get paid $540K this season. I am certain there are teams that can work with that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 28, 2012, 10:56:46 AM

What about trading Blount straight up for Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins?

That would be ideal.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 28, 2012, 11:12:22 AM

Okay if they were to trade him for Mike Jenkins (which I'm not against), would a signing of someone like Thomas Jones to play for rest of the season make sense?

I'm still not sure Blount....sometimes looks like he gets it and then other times he makes you wonder what the hell you were thinking picking him up for your fantasy team.....which I did for one week.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 28, 2012, 11:17:49 AM

Rick stroud at it again.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools