Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 28, 2012, 06:58:42 PM

Blount for Tebow; interesting idea, and Rex Ryan just might be crazy enough to do it...

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 28, 2012, 07:02:32 PM

I am in no way in favor of trading Blount, however, there are a couple players who intrigue me...Kendall Hunter, or Jacobs, Taiwan Jones, Ben Tate, DeAngelo Williams or Jonathan Stewart...although the latter would probably never happen unless it were straight up player for player because of the division rival thing...

Just a little food for thought.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 28, 2012, 07:11:28 PM

No team is going to give the Bucs anything for Blount.

Why not ? They gave us something for the Gimpy Cheeseburger...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 28, 2012, 09:00:42 PM

Blount has value.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#49 : October 28, 2012, 10:42:59 PM

@NFL_RealUpdates: #Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is expected to be traded prior to the trade deadline on Tuesday, team has been taking calls.

utbuc

Second String

#50 : October 28, 2012, 10:44:14 PM

I don't know about trading blount but we need to trade for a corrner especially with wright going out now for 4 games

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#51 : October 28, 2012, 10:44:47 PM

Blount has value.

I think you're overvaluing him. You'll be surprised when we only get a late draft pick for him

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 28, 2012, 10:47:22 PM

I've come to the conclusion that Blount is a feature back.

He's not a 3rd down back, he's not a goal line back.

He may have more value outside OBP than he does inside it right now.

I can't see us scoring better than a 3rd for him, because he isn't a professional. If he knew how to be a pro, he would be worth a lot more....A 3rd is stretching it.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 28, 2012, 10:49:09 PM

Blount has value.

I think you're overvaluing him. You'll be surprised when we only get a late draft pick for him

That is the value I was referring too.   The other guy said he has NO value.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 28, 2012, 10:58:52 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

LeGarrette Blount - RB - Buccaneers
"Several" league executives tell CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that they would not be surprised if LeGarrette Blount were shipped out of Tampa Bay prior to Tuesday's 4PM ET trade deadline.
The same execs named Rams WR Steve Smith, Browns QB Colt McCoy, and Dolphins QB Matt Moore as trade candidates, although the latter is much less likely with Ryan Tannehill coming off Week 8 knee and quad injuries. A Blount trade would probably the the least surprising of the group. The Bucs can move forward with D.J. Ware and rookie Michael Smith behind featured workhorse Doug Martin. We suspect they couldn't get back more than a sixth- or seventh-round pick.
Source: CBS Sports Oct 28 - 10:31 PM

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#55 : October 28, 2012, 10:59:12 PM

Wonder if the Packers would be interested.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#56 : October 28, 2012, 10:59:36 PM

He def has value. Curious to see if anything comes of this.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#57 : October 28, 2012, 11:01:03 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

LeGarrette Blount - RB - Buccaneers
"Several" league executives tell CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that they would not be surprised if LeGarrette Blount were shipped out of Tampa Bay prior to Tuesday's 4PM ET trade deadline.
The same execs named Rams WR Steve Smith, Browns QB Colt McCoy, and Dolphins QB Matt Moore as trade candidates, although the latter is much less likely with Ryan Tannehill coming off Week 8 knee and quad injuries. A Blount trade would probably the the least surprising of the group. The Bucs can move forward with D.J. Ware and rookie Michael Smith behind featured workhorse Doug Martin. We suspect they couldn't get back more than a sixth- or seventh-round pick.
Source: CBS Sports Oct 28 - 10:31 PM

Agree with that...late rounder.  I would do it, then parlay the extra pick to move up in April.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#58 : October 28, 2012, 11:10:58 PM

for that low of a pick...it isn't worth it. If that were the case, we'd just keep him and he wouldn't cost us a damn thing...we can tender him with a 1st or 3rd pick and if anybody decides to bite they'll owe us at least that...if we don't get a back in place of him, we will regret it.

Like Hate said, what happens when/if Martin goes down. Ware to me is nothing more than what Kregg Lumpkin was last year. Smith outside of playing against scrubs in the preseason, hasn't shown anything worthy of being able to carry any type of load yet. He can't even get active on special teams to replace Benn as a KR...

Getting rid of Blount until you have a worthy replacement for him would be simply put...DUMB. I don't think Dom makes this mistake again. aka being comfortable letting Carnell go and Lumpkin taking his place.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#59 : October 28, 2012, 11:15:49 PM

for that low of a pick...it isn't worth it. If that were the case, we'd just keep him and he wouldn't cost us a damn thing...we can tender him with a 1st or 3rd pick and if anybody decides to bite they'll owe us at least that...if we don't get a back in place of him, we will regret it.

Like Hate said, what happens when/if Martin goes down. Ware to me is nothing more than what Kregg Lumpkin was last year. Smith outside of playing against scrubs in the preseason, hasn't shown anything worthy of being able to carry any type of load yet. He can't even get active on special teams to replace Benn as a KR...

Getting rid of Blount until you have a worthy replacement for him would be simply put...DUMB. I don't think Dom makes this mistake again. aka being comfortable letting Carnell go and Lumpkin taking his place.

We are not going to the Super Bowl anyway, so get Ware and Smith plenty of backup work behind Martin, and see what you have for next season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools