Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#90 : October 29, 2012, 09:20:45 AM

Our passing game has opened up the run game this year, not the other way around. That much has been obvious.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#91 : October 29, 2012, 10:20:44 AM

Our passing game has opened up the run game this year, not the other way around. That much has been obvious.

No. Its the other way around. Look up the stats dude.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#92 : October 29, 2012, 10:36:46 AM

I'm tempted to simply respond "watch the games, dude", but I'm curious.  Which specific stats are you referring to that suggest that it's the running game opening up the passing game rather than the other way around?

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#93 : October 29, 2012, 10:40:06 AM

I'm tempted to simply respond "watch the games, dude", but I'm curious.  Which specific stats are you referring to that suggest that it's the running game opening up the passing game rather than the other way around?

He's just looking at stats at the end of the game and if we ended up with a high rushing total, he says that's the reason we won that game. That's where he's misleaded, because in fact it's been our PASSING that has made running the ball easier

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#94 : October 29, 2012, 10:48:17 AM

The conversation has slightly shifted. My original posts was when the run game is good, Freeman does better. This was about trading Blount and what would happen if Blount gets traded considering Ware would not replace Martin well as number one back. My point is when the run game does well, so does Freeman and it has been like that for a while. This year we have been a run first and many times second team. When the run does nothing, Freeman usually don't make up for it. When it does well, he flurishes. The only exception was the Giants game this season.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#95 : October 29, 2012, 10:49:06 AM

He's just looking at stats at the end of the game and if we ended up with a high rushing total, he says that's the reason we won that game. That's where he's misleaded, because in fact it's been our PASSING that has made running the ball easier

Please explain considering we are a run first team.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#96 : October 29, 2012, 11:00:52 AM

The conversation has slightly shifted. My original posts was when the run game is good, Freeman does better. This was about trading Blount and what would happen if Blount gets traded considering Ware would not replace Martin well as number one back. My point is when the run game does well, so does Freeman and it has been like that for a while. This year we have been a run first and many times second team. When the run does nothing, Freeman usually don't make up for it. When it does well, he flurishes. The only exception was the Giants game this season.
The thing is, you have a bit of a chicken or egg thing here.  Is it a matter of Freeman not making up for things when our running game is ineffective or is a matter of opposing defenses having an easier time shutting down our running game when they don't have to respect Freeman's passing?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#97 : October 29, 2012, 11:01:55 AM

I'd love it if we could get something for his dumb ass , even it's just a 6th rounder . He's not going to be here next year anyways .

What's with all the HATE?

Because he lost the Saints game being a 250 pound softie. He's useless except for a highlight run twice a season. Get rid of him if you can get something for him.

He played defensive back that game? I missed that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#98 : October 29, 2012, 11:04:38 AM

Not anymore

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#99 : October 29, 2012, 11:10:13 AM

Maybe we can trade him for one of the best CBs of all time like the Portis/Bailey trade

bashear

Hall of Famer

#100 : October 29, 2012, 11:29:37 AM

I think we are a run first, take shots down field team. In the first few games, the "shots down field" part seemed to be missing. Without that, safeties and linebackers can cheat toward the line of scrimmage, making our running game inefficient. Since Freeman started throwing down the field, our running game seems to be improving. This is what I've seen watching the games, although someone with greater knowledge who watches the all-22 film might see it differently.
: October 29, 2012, 11:32:37 AM bashear

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#101 : October 29, 2012, 11:35:26 AM

The thing is, you have a bit of a chicken or egg thing here.  Is it a matter of Freeman not making up for things when our running game is ineffective or is a matter of opposing defenses having an easier time shutting down our running game when they don't have to respect Freeman's passing?

My statement was direct. Answering your question would be making a turn in the discussion.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#102 : October 29, 2012, 11:38:09 AM

I think we are a run first, take shots down field team. In the first few games, the "shots down field" part seemed to be missing. Without that, safeties and linebackers can cheat toward the line of scrimmage, making our running game inefficient. Since Freeman started throwing down the field, our running game seems to be improving. This is what I've seen watching the games, although someone with greater knowledge who watches the all-22 film might see it differently.

That is true. Freeman using his cannon has made a difference versus his traditional five yard dump passes.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#103 : October 29, 2012, 11:57:43 AM

My statement was direct. Answering your question would be making a turn in the discussion.
I am considerably less than certain that your statement was *true*.  And since when did we worry about thread drift, particularly as slight of thread drift as would be represented here?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#104 : October 29, 2012, 12:04:10 PM

Bring back Earnest Graham - the guy was better than LBG and Freeman liked having him back there.

actually not a bad idea if he's kept himself in shape....

Love me some Graham but he's a chubby guy now.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools