Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 28, 2012, 11:21:22 PM

for that low of a pick...it isn't worth it. If that were the case, we'd just keep him and he wouldn't cost us a damn thing...we can tender him with a 1st or 3rd pick and if anybody decides to bite they'll owe us at least that...if we don't get a back in place of him, we will regret it.

Like Hate said, what happens when/if Martin goes down. Ware to me is nothing more than what Kregg Lumpkin was last year. Smith outside of playing against scrubs in the preseason, hasn't shown anything worthy of being able to carry any type of load yet. He can't even get active on special teams to replace Benn as a KR...

Getting rid of Blount until you have a worthy replacement for him would be simply put...DUMB. I don't think Dom makes this mistake again. aka being comfortable letting Carnell go and Lumpkin taking his place.

I agree with all that. Unless we can get a 3-4th rounder, he has more value here as an INS. policy in case Dougie goes down with injury.  I like the comparison to last year. Ware and Smith 2012= Madu and Lumpkin 2011= disaster scenario..

Even if he is inactive every game.....can't let him walk for nothing.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#61 : October 28, 2012, 11:27:13 PM

for that low of a pick...it isn't worth it. If that were the case, we'd just keep him and he wouldn't cost us a damn thing...we can tender him with a 1st or 3rd pick and if anybody decides to bite they'll owe us at least that...if we don't get a back in place of him, we will regret it.

Like Hate said, what happens when/if Martin goes down. Ware to me is nothing more than what Kregg Lumpkin was last year. Smith outside of playing against scrubs in the preseason, hasn't shown anything worthy of being able to carry any type of load yet. He can't even get active on special teams to replace Benn as a KR...

Getting rid of Blount until you have a worthy replacement for him would be simply put...DUMB. I don't think Dom makes this mistake again. aka being comfortable letting Carnell go and Lumpkin taking his place.

I agree with all that. Unless we can get a 3-4th rounder, he has more value here as an INS. policy in case Dougie goes down with injury.  I like the comparison to last year. Ware and Smith 2012= Madu and Lumpkin 2011= disaster scenario..

Even if he is inactive every game.....can't let him walk for nothing.

Another angle is Schiano seems to like him.  And may want to give him a break and let him go somewhere where he can get some carries.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#62 : October 28, 2012, 11:41:37 PM

I hate to hear this news, but I kinda saw it coming. He doesn't fit as anything but a back up in case Martin is hurt. He is not a guy that is successful with 4 or 5 carries a game. He is a feature back that has to be fed. For us, it doesn't even serve a purpose to have him active on game days...and I've been wondering if Schiano will keep him around purely as depth.

Negatives. Dude is a human highlight reel with the potential to be simply amazing. He stands a very good chance of going to another team and blowing up, making us look stupid. The idea of never seeing one of his amazing runs again, in a Bucs uniform, really sucks. If Martin gets hurt we will be done foe and hating life with no RB depth outside of Ware.

Positives. We could get a good player of pick for him, possibly a cornerback.

I think the negatives out way the positives. Tender him after this season and then deal him, but not now. Even if he is inactive on game days, we need him as an insurance policy in case Danger Mouse gets hurt. Only way I personally would trade him, is if we can get a 4th round pick or a very solid CB. Otherwise it just isn't worth it. If it does go down....PLEASE sign Martinek!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 28, 2012, 11:50:15 PM

What about Robert Hughes? He looked like a guy who could play FB and be the goal line back slash back up RB.

Why would we keep Michael Smith over Hughes? Smith is a KR with 40 speed, but not 100 speed. Your KR needs to have a great 100 yard time, not a 40 time. I don't understand, other than draft status how this could be that we kept this one dimensional "runner" and let go such a versatile RB......I can't see Smith being a viable back up RB....at all.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#64 : October 29, 2012, 12:00:26 AM

What about Robert Hughes? He looked like a guy who could play FB and be the goal line back slash back up RB.

Why would we keep Michael Smith over Hughes? Smith is a KR with 40 speed, but not 100 speed. Your KR needs to have a great 100 yard time, not a 40 time. I don't understand, other than draft status how this could be that we kept this one dimensional "runner" and let go such a versatile RB......I can't see Smith being a viable back up RB....at all.

I would say your KR needs more quicks than 40 time.  The ability to make people miss, like a Percy or DeSean type.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#65 : October 29, 2012, 12:02:39 AM

We are not going to the Super Bowl anyway, so get Ware and Smith plenty of backup work behind Martin, and see what you have for next season.

I expect that from some of our less intelligent posters.... not you. We aren't going to the Superbowl this yr... maybe we should just Bench VJax and Mike Williams and lets see what Benn and Underwood bring to the table. While we're at it, we should bench Nicks, David, and Foster as well. We aren't going to the Superbowl anyway.... no point in them getting hurt in meaningless games.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 29, 2012, 12:07:17 AM

We are not going to the Super Bowl anyway, so get Ware and Smith plenty of backup work behind Martin, and see what you have for next season.

I expect that from some of our less intelligent posters.... not you. We aren't going to the Superbowl this yr... maybe we should just Bench VJax and Mike Williams and lets see what Benn and Underwood bring to the table. While we're at it, we should bench Nicks, David, and Foster as well. We aren't going to the Superbowl anyway.... no point in them getting hurt in meaningless games.

LOL

They are actually doing that already, seeing what Underwood can do.  And they need Vincent and Mike in there to help with Freeman's development.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#67 : October 29, 2012, 12:07:24 AM

Pat Kirwin gives us a better chance of making the playoffs than the Cowboys or Eagles....yet our fans have written us off? I agree it isn't likely, but sh!t...you can't have that mindset or make your decisions based on that kinda mindset. That is just crazy talk!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#68 : October 29, 2012, 12:10:24 AM

Pat Kirwin gives us a better chance of making the playoffs than the Cowboys or Eagles....yet our fans have written us off? I agree it isn't likely, but sh!t...you can't have that mindset or make your decisions based on that kinda mindset. That is just crazy talk!

I am enjoying the hell out of the season, just watching Freeman get on track.  But next season is the big one.  A couple more free agents and a new set of draft picks, watch out !

In the meantime they will determine who stays and who goes, I believe that is what they are doing now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#69 : October 29, 2012, 12:14:03 AM

I have probably asked "Why is Michael Smith on this roster?" 50 times this season. Dude isn't a RB and even though we've gone through like five kick returners....dude can't get activated on game day. I saw enough in preseason. Running fast in a straight line against scrubs does nothing for me. Dude is a waste and if we have to turn to him due to injury, it will be just as bad if not worse than Lumpkin.

As far Robert Hughes...I don't know why he was cut in the first place. He is not elite game changer, but he has FB experience, he's a very solid short yardage RB, and he can catch out of the back field. He's currently on the Colts practice squad, so he could be had and he knows the playbook from being here all offseason. Plus he is a stand up guy that you don't have to worry about arrests or suspensions.

And I'll never ever understand whats up with Jersey Joe Martinek. If I ever get the chance I'm going to ask Schiano why he wasn't signed. A Martin/Martinek combo could be ridiculous! Dude is big, strong, and fast, has great hands, great blocker, great character and has experience with Schiano. Just don't get it!
: October 29, 2012, 12:20:51 AM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 29, 2012, 12:15:45 AM

...But next season is the big one.  A couple more free agents and a new set of draft picks, watch out !

I literally hate this garbage man. Every team has holes. There is no more excuses. We have the talent and the staff. You and everyone else should expects wins NOW. Gotta lose the loser mentality.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#71 : October 29, 2012, 12:17:22 AM

...But next season is the big one.  A couple more free agents and a new set of draft picks, watch out !

I literally hate this garbage man. Every team has holes. There is no more excuses. We have the talent and the staff. You and everyone else should expects wins NOW. Gotta lose the loser mentality.

Its a young team still.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#72 : October 29, 2012, 12:22:27 AM

I would say your KR needs more quicks than 40 time.  The ability to make people miss, like a Percy or DeSean type.

He has no moves, I know, but my point was that he got caught from behind on a kickoff in the pre-season. How does a guy with 4.3 40 speed get caught from behind on a kickoff? It's a 100 yard field, that's how. 40 time means nothing for a KR if you have no moves and don't run a fast 100.

Sudden accelleration is good if you are chasing chickens, but not so much for returning kickoffs.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#73 : October 29, 2012, 12:43:24 AM

See, I could see making a move to HELP/IMPROVE our team now, I don't see how a late round pick helps this team compared to a PROVEN player in Blount. We all know what he is capable of doing. We all saw it last year and in 2010. He can be coached to do the things most say he lacks. He had ZERO coaching available to him his previous 2 seasons. Let's give the guy a chance under this regime to prove himself. We got him for absolutely nothing and he has helped us achieve 16 wins over the past 3 seasons, including this one. Why would you want to move him for next to nothing? It simply does NOT make sense.

Like I said, if you make a move, it better be for something or someone who can IMPROVE this team.

Letting him go for nothing would be a mistake and I guarantee he would make us look like fools.

IF and that's a big if, I were to move him, it would be for one of the players I have previously mentioned.

Kendall Hunter
Brandon Jacobs
Taiwan Jones
DeAngelo Williams(if he restructures)
Jonathan Stewart
Joe McKnight
Chris Ivory
Pierre Thomas

Somebody along those lines...Maybe even a LaRod Stephens-Howling

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#74 : October 29, 2012, 01:04:28 AM

I'd trade him to the Packers straight up for CJ Wilson, or Mike Neal.

I'd trade him straight up for Brandon Graham.

Rodgers-Cromartie is FA this offseason and not expected to stay in Philly. I'd trade Blount and a draft pick to Philly for his rights....as long as he was willing to agree to a new long term deal prior to the trade.

I wouldn't even consider trading him to a division rival where he could possibly haunt us for years. I don't want to face a vengeful Blount twice a year.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools