Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#75 : October 29, 2012, 01:05:34 AM

...But next season is the big one.  A couple more free agents and a new set of draft picks, watch out !

I literally hate this garbage man. Every team has holes. There is no more excuses. We have the talent and the staff. You and everyone else should expects wins NOW. Gotta lose the loser mentality.

THANK YOU!!! I never look past this season. Just like that stupid thread "do the Bucs still have a shot at the playoffs". We're frikin 3-4, of course we still have a shot. We've been in EVERY game, I'm rooting to make the playoffs. I don't get the losing mentally of some of these posters. Why trade Blount when we don't have to?

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#76 : October 29, 2012, 01:07:30 AM

I'd trade him to the Packers straight up for CJ Wilson, or Mike Neal.

I'd trade him straight up for Brandon Graham.

Rodgers-Cromartie is FA this offseason and not expected to stay in Philly. I'd trade Blount and a draft pick to Philly for his rights....as long as he was willing to agree to a new long term deal prior to the trade.

I wouldn't even consider trading him to a division rival where he could possibly haunt us for years. I don't want to face a vengeful Blount twice a year.

I was just talking to my Eagles buddy and I told him I would trade Blount for Brandon Graham straight up. There's no way they'd trade DRC for Blount.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#77 : October 29, 2012, 01:50:15 AM

Oh, the Blount-traders coming back out of the woodwork now that Martin has had one good game against one good defense....

I suppose you all would also enjoy having to rely on Ware when Martin goes down with an injury for the rest of the season? Come on guys, use your heads!

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#78 : October 29, 2012, 05:00:05 AM

What do we need more, a back up running back or a #1 or 2 CB who isn't self-diagnosed with ADHD?  I say call the Cowboys after tonight's woeful performence by Felix Jones, and trade straight up for  Mike Jenkins.  He's probably the best 3rd string CB on a team desperate for a RB's.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#79 : October 29, 2012, 07:01:53 AM

I think the Cowboys and Packers have to the best candidates at this point....and you can see why the Pack might be interested after that smashmouth hi-lite run against them last season.....I think he'd do well with Green Bay as well with their veteran group and lack of punch from the RB position....tick tock tick tock...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#80 : October 29, 2012, 07:22:22 AM

I think this sounds like Rick is throwing some Stroud on the wall and hoping it sticks.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#81 : October 29, 2012, 07:50:18 AM

Cowboys would be a perfect fit for Blount . They already need to send a driver out to get Dez Bryant to practice in the morning .  The driver could also just swing by and pick up Blount on the way.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#82 : October 29, 2012, 07:56:22 AM

For all the fans drinking the kool-aid remember this. History has shown Freeman is terrible when there isn't a running game. So if Martin goes down and Blount is traded, the run game will go downhill first. Then Freeman will start struggling again.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#83 : October 29, 2012, 08:04:21 AM

For all the fans drinking the kool-aid remember this. History has shown Freeman is terrible when there isn't a running game. So if Martin goes down and Blount is traded, the run game will go downhill first. Then Freeman will start struggling again.

The run game will go downhill if Martin gets hurt regardless.

Blount is gone next year , and we aren't going to the Superbowl this year regardless of who the backup RB is. I see no issue getting something for him if possible.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#84 : October 29, 2012, 08:04:42 AM

Bring back Earnest Graham - the guy was better than LBG and Freeman liked having him back there.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#85 : October 29, 2012, 08:06:40 AM

Bring back Earnest Graham - the guy was better than LBG and Freeman liked having him back there.

actually not a bad idea if he's kept himself in shape....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#86 : October 29, 2012, 09:05:56 AM

History has shown Freeman is terrible when there isn't a running game.

Wrong. Take away Freeman's rush yardage and our running game in 2010 was ranked 23rd. It got better that year when we finally gave up on Caddy and started Blount mid season, but for most the year we had Caddy and his 1.8 ypc average which was worst in the league....and Freeman was great.

I'm not disputing we are in big trouble if we trade Blount and martin goes down, but the statement I quoted is wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#87 : October 29, 2012, 09:13:48 AM

LGB has very little if any trade value. Why would we trade him after 7 games when he'll be a FA after this year and any team can try and sign him? I do like LGB but it's hard to be patient with the guy when we see our first round back exploding through holes, then LGB who is about 40 lbs heavier tip toeing around.

I thought LGB would remain the starter throughout the year and have a banner year. One thing I've noticed so far is that LGB is not a back up. He needs many carries to get into a rhythm and cannot come off the bench for a couple runs and be effective.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#88 : October 29, 2012, 09:19:27 AM

Why would we trade him after 7 games when he'll be a FA after this year and any team can try and sign him?

He'll be a restricted free agent and has no real power to do anything this offseason. He can be tendered for a small amount by whatever team has him.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#89 : October 29, 2012, 09:19:38 AM

History has shown Freeman is terrible when there isn't a running game.

Wrong. Take away Freeman's rush yardage and our running game in 2010 was ranked 23rd. It got better that year when we finally gave up on Caddy and started Blount mid season, but for most the year we had Caddy and his 1.8 ypc average which was worst in the league....and Freeman was great.

I'm not disputing we are in big trouble if we trade Blount and martin goes down, but the statement I quoted is wrong.

I agree with many of your posts but not this one. When we had Caddy that was an exception. I say that cause Caddy was like a coach on the field with Freeman. Fans forget he was helping Freeman read defenses prior to the ball being snapped. I was actually entertaining to watch. However, take away the run game (not Freeman rushing himself) and this team loses. If you don't believe me look up the stats this year. When Martin had his best rushing games, we won. When he and the other backs didn't do well we lost. Don't you remember that old fact when fans said when Blount gets over 20+ carries we were more than likely to win. Its not a coincidence.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is speculation that running back Blount could be on the trading block « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools