Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst call EVAR! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Wolf

Rookie

: October 28, 2012, 07:50:16 PM

Not a Cowboys or a Dez Bryant fan, that sure looked like a TD to me. 

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 28, 2012, 07:51:08 PM

you must not be watching in Hi Def

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 28, 2012, 07:52:22 PM

you must not be watching in Hi Def
LoL And the truuuth shall set you freeeee

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 28, 2012, 07:53:07 PM

I hated the call at first and then remembered its the cowboys. Like the call.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 28, 2012, 07:54:53 PM

His fingers were obviously out of bounds before he landed.   That was an easy call to reverse

JM2

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 28, 2012, 07:56:07 PM

Fingers touched out of bounds, no question about the reversal.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 28, 2012, 07:58:45 PM

How is it even questionable? The hands went out before there was possession. It's clear cut no catch.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 28, 2012, 07:58:45 PM

I think the Bert Emanuel call was the worst call ever, but whatever.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 28, 2012, 08:01:05 PM

I hated the call at first and then remembered its the cowboys. Like the call.

It would have been the correct call regardless what team it went against. Fingers were clearly out of bounds. Incomplete pass.

Wolf

Rookie

#9 : October 28, 2012, 08:01:23 PM

You guys are correct.  I am mostly just venting about how ticky tack the rules of this game have become.  The football gods meant for that to be a TD, yet we have legislated that out of the game.

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

Wolf

Rookie

#10 : October 28, 2012, 08:02:23 PM

I think the Bert Emanuel call was the worst call ever, but whatever.

Agreed!  This just brought up some of those memories.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 28, 2012, 08:02:48 PM

You guys are correct.  I am mostly just venting about how ticky tack the rules of this game have become.  The football gods meant for that to be a TD, yet we have legislated that out of the game.

At what point in time would that ever be called a TD?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 28, 2012, 08:04:38 PM

Back in the late seventies, early to late eighties...without the benefit of the hi-def replay, it might have stuck.

Who knows.

I know one thing...Romo is starting to look panic stricken out there.  I love it!

Wolf

Rookie

#13 : October 28, 2012, 08:05:49 PM

It may never have been called a TD, but it should.  It just should!  ;D

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 28, 2012, 08:08:53 PM

Before the advent of replay that's a TD because that's what was called on the field. My own feeling.....and I hate the Cowboys and generally root for the Giants when the Bucs are not involved.....is that replay was never meant to overturn these types of plays. It was originally put into place to eliminate the egregiously bad calls....not whether a toe, finger, shoelace, etc. was in or out of bounds or whether a ball quite possibly may have been moving in the instant before a ball carrier hits the ground and loses it.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst call EVAR! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools