Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline postponed? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: October 29, 2012, 01:07:19 PM

Possibly postponed another two weeks due to hurricane.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 29, 2012, 01:30:24 PM

Great, another 2 weeks of ......should Blount be traded speculation.

NFL trade deadline could move due to Hurricane Sandy

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:40 p.m.
Updated: Oct. 29, 2012 at 01:01 p.m.

The NFL moved its trade deadline back two weeks this season to help encourage more trade talk. It could be pushed back again.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed to Around the League that the league is discussing pushing back the deadline because of Hurricane Sandy. The original deadline is scheduled for Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET.

"It is being discussed and we will let the clubs know if a change is made," Aiello said via email.

Multiple teams shut down operations on Monday. The NFL office is also closed and its possible they could remain closed on Tuesday. That could make it tricky to complete the required paperwork if any potential deals are made.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 29, 2012, 02:17:46 PM

It has been moved to Thursday 4pm due to the storm

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 29, 2012, 02:22:56 PM

Yeah, it's two DAYS, not two WEEKS.

Word has it that Bowe is available... as much as I'd hate it for my fantasy team purposes (I have Jackson & Bowe), we should make a move to get him.  It would make the WR corp the best in the NFL.
: October 29, 2012, 02:24:28 PM TBayXXXVII

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 29, 2012, 02:28:44 PM

The talk i've heard has Bowe headed to Miami

BucsWin31

Starter

#5 : October 29, 2012, 02:32:58 PM

We SHOULD be looking to trade for a corner but.....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 29, 2012, 03:09:07 PM

Word has it that Bowe is available... as much as I'd hate it for my fantasy team purposes (I have Jackson & Bowe), we should make a move to get him.  It would make the WR corp the best in the NFL.

The talk is that Bowe can be had for a 3rd round pick. If that is true...then absolutely you go after him. Can we get a player in the 3rd round who could have the impact of Bowe?...absolutely not. Is the postion a need?..no..but if either MW19 or Vjax goes down...then we're screwed, cause there isn't much talent past our #3 WR. This offense would be even more potent.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 29, 2012, 03:10:02 PM

Like for who? Name somebody.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 29, 2012, 04:08:05 PM

Like for who? Name somebody.

Mike Jenkins. Jerry isn't getting rid of the guy. He does not usually admit defeat on a 1st rd pick he made. Trading Jenkins would hurt JJs ego...plus Jenkins has been pretty good as Dallas' #3 CB.
Other options could be guys in their final year of their contract and their teams might try and get something for them. Guys like Quentin Jammer or Leodis McKelvin.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 29, 2012, 04:20:43 PM

Why would we want to rent Bowe for a year?  Gonna have to pay him big next season and no way you wrap that much up in VJax and Bowe while you still have Williams. Too many holes in this D to pay another #1 wideout.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : October 29, 2012, 04:22:35 PM

Freeman to the Jets for Tebow.   This stinking storm delayed it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 29, 2012, 04:28:16 PM

The talk is that Bowe can be had for a 3rd round pick. If that is true...then absolutely you go after him. Can we get a player in the 3rd round who could have the impact of Bowe?...absolutely not. Is the postion a need?..no..but if either MW19 or Vjax goes down...then we're screwed, cause there isn't much talent past our #3 WR. This offense would be even more potent.

And how much do you want to pay this #3 wr?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 29, 2012, 04:31:15 PM

As much money as the NFL makes , they don't have a back-up generator to power thier league offices ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 29, 2012, 04:32:57 PM

As much money as the NFL makes , they don't have a back-up generator to power thier league offices ?

Multiple teams shut down operations on Monday.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Ms Elam

Starter

#14 : October 29, 2012, 04:40:20 PM

The bucs shouldn't trade for anybody. Remember teams (starting with the falcons) are jumping up to the top 10 of the draft because of the new rookie wage scale. I'm not sure if its time for the bucs to make such a move but just in case it is, we shouldn't waste any draft picks on a mid season trade as if it would put us in the superbowl.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline postponed? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools