Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline postponed? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 29, 2012, 05:37:15 PM

It has been moved to Thursday 4pm due to the storm

Yeah, it's two DAYS, not two WEEKS.

Word has it that Bowe is available... as much as I'd hate it for my fantasy team purposes (I have Jackson & Bowe), we should make a move to get him.  It would make the WR corp the best in the NFL.

The talk is that Bowe can be had for a 3rd round pick. If that is true...then absolutely you go after him. Can we get a player in the 3rd round who could have the impact of Bowe?...absolutely not. Is the postion a need?..no..but if either MW19 or Vjax goes down...then we're screwed, cause there isn't much talent past our #3 WR. This offense would be even more potent.

And how much do you want to pay this #3 wr?

4 yrs $30 million. $14 million guaranteed.

To balance it out, cut Davin Joseph in the offseason since all of his guaranteed $ will have been paid. McKenzie - Davin Joseph...only difference is their salaries.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 29, 2012, 06:34:33 PM

It would cost Vincent Jackson money to re-sign Bowe, I'd give him that easily.  This team isn't up against the cap by any stretch.  Also, the only real money the Bucs are on the hook for with Jackson is next year.  The rest isn't guaranteed, so the Bucs would only get the cap hit for the signing bonus.  If need be, release or trade Jackson after 2013.  It's obvious that Jackson is already losing a step, that catch and run against the Saints should have proven that.  Bowe is a better receiver anyway.  Besides, this team would be able to run 3-WR sets almost every play with no soft spot.  Not to mention the fact that on 2-WR set downs, rotating Bowe, Jackson, and Williams allows you to lose nothing in the transition.  Everyone here knows that Freeman is at his best in open sets.  This will make the Bucs, even with Freeman, the most vaunted offense in the NFL.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 29, 2012, 06:40:12 PM

To the point about trading for a DB that someone mentioned, that's a bit of an over reaction.  The Bucs are coming up against Oakland, San Diego, and Carolina... there's no need to panic for those 3 teams.  Both Talib and Wright will be back by the Atlanta game in 4 weeks.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 29, 2012, 06:42:25 PM

It would cost Vincent Jackson money to re-sign Bowe, I'd give him that easily.  This team isn't up against the cap by any stretch.  Also, the only real money the Bucs are on the hook for with Jackson is next year.  The rest isn't guaranteed, so the Bucs would only get the cap hit for the signing bonus.  If need be, release or trade Jackson after 2013.  It's obvious that Jackson is already losing a step, that catch and run against the Saints should have proven that.  Bowe is a better receiver anyway.  Besides, this team would be able to run 3-WR sets almost every play with no soft spot.  Not to mention the fact that on 2-WR set downs, rotating Bowe, Jackson, and Williams allows you to lose nothing in the transition.  Everyone here knows that Freeman is at his best in open sets.  This will make the Bucs, even with Freeman, the most vaunted offense in the NFL.

Jackson will be on this team well past next year(2013). Wright, on the otherhand, he could be a casuality after 2013. $7+ mil is way too much for a mediocre CB. Davin could be cut this offseason. He is vastly overpaid for the inconsistent play he has shown the last few seasons. Quincy Black will probably be cut this offseason saving another close to 6 million. Barber will retire. Trueblood, Talib, and Dallas will be off the books. Then you can add in the $15 million that is currently unused that they will carry over into next offseason. $ will not be an issue. I still wouldn't want to pay him(Bowe) V-Jax money. Max would be what his franchise tender is now...which would be about $9mil a year...and that's pushing it.
: October 29, 2012, 06:44:03 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 29, 2012, 06:59:11 PM

Jackson will be on this team well past next year(2013). Wright, on the otherhand, he could be a casuality after 2013. $7+ mil is way too much for a mediocre CB. Davin could be cut this offseason. He is vastly overpaid for the inconsistent play he has shown the last few seasons. Quincy Black will probably be cut this offseason saving another close to 6 million. Barber will retire. Trueblood, Talib, and Dallas will be off the books. Then you can add in the $15 million that is currently unused that they will carry over into next offseason. $ will not be an issue. I still wouldn't want to pay him(Bowe) V-Jax money. Max would be what his franchise tender is now...which would be about $9mil a year...and that's pushing it.

I agree that Jackson will be here after 2013, because I don't think they'll address the WR position to the point that they'd be able to push Jackson out.  But, if the Bucs did make a move for Bowe, which I don't think they will because Dominik isn't smart enough, Jackson immediately becomes expendable.  Bowe is a better receiver than Jackson is and much more worth the money as his importance isn't base on speed, which Jackson is showing that he's starting to lose it.  I agree with everything you said about the finances aspect.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 29, 2012, 07:02:59 PM

this team has much bigger needs than a WR. We can get #3 production out of Underwood.

-------------------------------------------------------

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : October 29, 2012, 07:40:47 PM

He didn't finish a 95 yard run with a calf injury means he's losing his speed?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 29, 2012, 07:56:50 PM

I know, right. He's clearly lost a step. Lol

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 29, 2012, 08:03:20 PM

this team has much bigger needs than a WR. We can get #3 production out of Underwood.

That you're going to solve with a third round pick?  I'd highly doubt it.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 29, 2012, 08:06:47 PM

I know, right. He's clearly lost a step. Lol

His calf issues are chronic.  It's the main reason why he never got an extension from San Diego.  It's the reason he hasn't been able to get at least 70 receptions in any one season.  It's the reason why he's been so boom or bust week in and week out in San Diego.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 29, 2012, 09:46:42 PM

That you're going to solve with a third round pick?  I'd highly doubt it.

Shall I name a few 3rd round picks currently contributing to their team's success??

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 29, 2012, 09:48:05 PM

His calf issues are chronic.  It's the main reason why he never got an extension from San Diego.  It's the reason he hasn't been able to get at least 70 receptions in any one season.  It's the reason why he's been so boom or bust week in and week out in San Diego.

first i've heard of that!!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 29, 2012, 09:49:48 PM

I too was taken back by that news

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 29, 2012, 09:54:01 PM

I too was taken back by that news

Im digging... so far have come up empty. Perhaps XXXVII can provide us with a link.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 29, 2012, 10:02:01 PM

The bucs shouldn't trade for anybody. Remember teams (starting with the falcons) are jumping up to the top 10 of the draft because of the new rookie wage scale. I'm not sure if its time for the bucs to make such a move but just in case it is, we shouldn't waste any draft picks on a mid season trade as if it would put us in the superbowl.

Agree.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline postponed? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools