Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline postponed? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#150 : October 31, 2012, 05:06:04 PM

How many teams have ever had WR's this good?  If you look at the more prolific passing offenses, you'll see a lot of plays with 3 players set out wide.  Some teams just happen to split out the TE because he's good enough (Graham, Grok, Gonzo, Gates, Witten).  Did you catch any of that Dallas / Giants game.  Most of that game when the Cowboys needed yards, they had Witten in the slot, not next to the tackle.  The Falcons, Saints, Chargers, and Patriots do that too.  The only difference with Bowe being here would be that it's a true WR lineud up in the slot, not a TE.

thats my point, not many teams have ever attempted to put 3 top WR's on a team.  why not?  teams need TE's for balance seems the most simple answer. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#151 : October 31, 2012, 05:08:08 PM

When Freeman will have a WR wide open in 2 seconds, what kind of pass rush do you see the defense having.

im not sure i buy this.  our WR's excel in beating one on ones downfield.  quick short hitters arent our thing.

vjax and mike will have made their living off acrobatic downfield catches.  bowe has made his living off being forcefed.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#152 : October 31, 2012, 05:10:06 PM

'Cause if there's one thing Freeman's good at its making quick reads...

Lol. It's like trying to explain to a five year old why he can't have candy all the time.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#153 : October 31, 2012, 05:33:11 PM

How many teams have ever had WR's this good?  If you look at the more prolific passing offenses, you'll see a lot of plays with 3 players set out wide.  Some teams just happen to split out the TE because he's good enough (Graham, Grok, Gonzo, Gates, Witten).  Did you catch any of that Dallas / Giants game.  Most of that game when the Cowboys needed yards, they had Witten in the slot, not next to the tackle.  The Falcons, Saints, Chargers, and Patriots do that too.  The only difference with Bowe being here would be that it's a true WR lineud up in the slot, not a TE.

thats my point, not many teams have ever attempted to put 3 top WR's on a team.  why not?  teams need TE's for balance seems the most simple answer.

I think it's more circumstantial than anything.  Teams usually lock up their top WR's, they usually don't hit the market.  To draft 3, it's hard to do because you're building as you go, theres no need to spend high picks on WR's year after year because they're high risk / high reward... just ask Detroit.  If an opportunity to make your team better comes up, especially at WR or RB, the two positions that easily transition from team to team, you should do it.

Now, if there's a CB, OL, or DL available that will upgrade our team, then they absolutely a priority over WR, but to my knowledge, I don't know of any.  People have mentioned these positions in this thread, but no one even named a player, so I'm guessing they don't know of any either.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#154 : October 31, 2012, 05:33:56 PM

And as long as those three are on the field you have to account for them and its not an easy task. Doesnt matter who the QB is. If those three are on the field, the defense isnt gonna sleep on the three because they feel Freeman cant make the throw. The second they think that is the moment Freeman launches it to Jackson for a huge play. I feel like its already happened this year.

how does the defense have to account for bowe more than underwood?  bowes not taller, not faster, and doesnt have better hands.  bowe has been forcefed the ball for years in KC, and usually leads the lead in drops.

now is he overall a better WR than underwood, sure, i wont argue that.  but what does he do better?

Bowe is a playmaker. Look at his stats with mediocre to awful qbs. He comes here he makes the team better. It really wouldn't matter who the first read was. You could keep defenses guessing who that is.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#155 : October 31, 2012, 05:36:49 PM

When Freeman will have a WR wide open in 2 seconds, what kind of pass rush do you see the defense having.

im not sure i buy this.  our WR's excel in beating one on ones downfield.  quick short hitters arent our thing.

vjax and mike will have made their living off acrobatic downfield catches.  bowe has made his living off being forcefed.

That's where Bowe would come in.  Bowe is an awesome over the middle pass catcher.  He's in the mold of Jerry Rice... just not as good, no one really is.  The guy who can run those 10 yard in's and outs and turn them up field.  The guys who can go do a 15 yard post and corners.  Let Jackson and Williams fly downfield.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#156 : October 31, 2012, 08:03:48 PM

Giving up something for Bowe and then paying him a gigantic contract, while having Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams would be idiotic.  I find it hard to fathom someone is arguing so vehemently for it.

On that we agree. A relative, perhaps??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#157 : November 01, 2012, 09:45:49 AM

Teams will be forced to be in nickle and dime packages for 60 minutes. 
Teams go into nickel defense no matter who the third wide receiver is.

That's true.  But really, what are the odds that the third CB on a team can cover any one of these 3 WR's one-on-one?  Heck, everyone of them can contain Underwood.  Sure, he can be a guy here or there... it's why he has that 57 yarder.  You take that away and he's barely averaging 12 ypc.  That's not easily beaten by a WR that's as good as Jackson, Williams, or Bowe under similar circumstances.

Then why stop with 3 stud WR's?  Why not trade Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald so the the Bucs can have 4 superiors WR's on the field that the opponent can't cover?  After that, they can find a 5th WR that opponents can't cover.  The Buccaneer offense will be unstoppable.

Page 11 of answering the same question is fast approaching.

Then feel free to shut up and cry, whine, and complain in another thread.  Everyone else here is having a nice discussion.

Incorrect.  Everyone else here is trying to show you how idiotic your stance is.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#158 : November 01, 2012, 09:53:24 AM

If there is any discussion of us making a trade. Its only for a corner, or guard. Would be nice to trade LGB or True for a position of need, straight up.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#159 : November 01, 2012, 11:24:03 AM

Trade Trueblood & Blount for picks. They are not going to contribute this year, no matter what, so dump them and get something for them. It's a waste for them as insurance, IMHO, get something. I would be shocked if either sees any appreciable amount of playing time this year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#160 : November 01, 2012, 11:38:33 AM

What time is the deadline today? 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#161 : November 01, 2012, 11:46:43 AM

4pm est

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#162 : November 01, 2012, 03:17:33 PM

Trade  Blount for picks. They are not going to contribute this year, no matter what,

i think blount will contribute, and do some real good things.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#163 : November 01, 2012, 03:35:06 PM

I also expect Blount to play a larger role than he has to date.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#164 : November 01, 2012, 03:43:38 PM

Agree about Blount. I dont think his value will be very high to other teams and also I think he would help us out more than anybody else out there. Schiano will keep him here for now.
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline postponed? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools