Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline postponed? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

youngone

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 29, 2012, 10:03:06 PM

His calf issues are chronic.  It's the main reason why he never got an extension from San Diego.  It's the reason he hasn't been able to get at least 70 receptions in any one season.  It's the reason why he's been so boom or bust week in and week out in San Diego.

first i've heard of that!!
I too was taken back by that news

Im digging... so far have come up empty. Perhaps XXXVII can provide us with a link.
I sure hope so

yungbull

Starter
#31 : October 29, 2012, 10:34:30 PM

I wouldn't neccessarily call us a contending team, but I also wouldn't call us completely out of it.  Am I the only idiot that thinks we have interest in DeAngelo Williams??  As much as I like Doug Martin, this is supposed to be a 2-back team, and Blount doesn't seem to be stepping up to the plate.  Thoughts?

Panthers privately claim a contender has inquired about DeAngelo Williams

Posted by Mike Florio on October 29, 2012, 9:26 PM EDT

AP
With the trade deadline nudged from Tuesday to Thursday, one of the few names that remain in the rumor mill for a possible deal is Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams.

The Charlotte Observer, citing an unnamed team source, reports that an unnamed contending team has inquired about Williams.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/panthers-privately-claim-a-contender-has-inquired-about-deangelo-williams/

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 29, 2012, 10:59:50 PM

Am I the only idiot that thinks we have interest in DeAngelo Williams??

I think so!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 29, 2012, 11:48:56 PM

Am I the only idiot that thinks we have interest in DeAngelo Williams??

I think so!!

Yup!!

1. They won't trade inside the division.
2. Too much $....and Dom will need plenty of it for '13, so he can go out and get another below average DB and back up the money truck to his driveway.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 29, 2012, 11:57:41 PM

I don't see them going after a top WR like Bowe. Not enough balls to keep VJ, MW and Bowe happy. Plus, as others have said,
too much tied up on one position when we have other issues.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 30, 2012, 12:46:40 AM

this team has much bigger needs than a WR. We can get #3 production out of Underwood.

That you're going to solve with a third round pick?  I'd highly doubt it.

Shall I name a few 3rd round picks currently contributing to their team's success??

You can name all the one's you want, but they won't be here until next year... Bowe can be here next week.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 30, 2012, 01:02:35 AM

His calf issues are chronic.  It's the main reason why he never got an extension from San Diego.  It's the reason he hasn't been able to get at least 70 receptions in any one season.  It's the reason why he's been so boom or bust week in and week out in San Diego.

first i've heard of that!!
I too was taken back by that news

Im digging... so far have come up empty. Perhaps XXXVII can provide us with a link.
I sure hope so

My bad, I thought all injuries were the calf, only one was.  The others were a groin and hamstring.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/11/calf-injury-curtails-2010-debut-of-chargers-wr-vincent-jackson/1#.UI9dhMXA-So

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/988982-fantasy-football-week-16-waiver-wire-advice-injuries-start-em-sit-em-more/entry/160131-vincent-jackson-injury-why-chargers-wr-is-must-sit-this-week

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7069645/san-diego-chargers-vincent-jackson-misses-second-straight-practice-thursday-according-report

free2williams

Rookie

#37 : October 30, 2012, 01:44:58 AM

Trading for Dwayne Bowe would be absolutely pointless. Our offense isn't the problem right now and wasting a 3rd round pick on a diva receiver isn't going to take us anywhere. How about we try to solve that defensive backs issue with Mike Jenkins instead

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 30, 2012, 10:03:17 AM

lolz

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 30, 2012, 12:37:07 PM

Trading for Dwayne Bowe would be absolutely pointless. Our offense isn't the problem right now and wasting a 3rd round pick on a diva receiver isn't going to take us anywhere. How about we try to solve that defensive backs issue with Mike Jenkins instead

I'm sorry, where'd that come from ("diva receiver")?

Secondly, why trade for a guy who will be a back up in 3 weeks... and who isn't really all that good?

Yeah, having the greatest receiving corp in the NFL would be totally pointless, especially in a pass friendly era.   ::)

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 30, 2012, 12:47:18 PM

They wont trade for Bowe. Put that to bed now.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 30, 2012, 12:49:36 PM

Such a buzzkill.  ;)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 30, 2012, 01:31:55 PM

I never said they would... just that they should.  It makes every sense in the world to do it, that's why I doubt Dominik would make the move.

Supreme

Starter

#43 : October 30, 2012, 01:33:25 PM

I don't think the Bucs necessarily need Bowe, but can you just imagine the destruction this offense would do to opposing defenses having Jackson, Williams AND Bowe?
If he can be had with a 3rd round pick then I say pull the trigger.

Plus, It'd make an awesome early christmas present for Josh.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 30, 2012, 01:40:40 PM

I don't think the Bucs necessarily need Bowe, but can you just imagine the destruction this offense would do to opposing defenses having Jackson, Williams AND Bowe?
If he can be had with a 3rd round pick then I say pull the trigger.

Plus, It'd make an awesome early christmas present for Josh.

Here's how I see it.  The Bucs have quite possibly the worst #3 WR in the NFL.  When you're third receiver was cut by yourself just 2 months ago, that says a lot.  This offense will force defenses to play the Bucs style game... not the other way around.  It will give Freeman more time to throw.  It will allow the Bucs to be more prolific with their offense and allow Freeman to work in a more wide open offense which we all know he's best at.  Having an offensive corp that will help your QB to maximize his potential is not a bad thing.

Also, for future purposes, it allows the team to really only address one side of the ball for the next 2 years, upgrade depth, and stockpile talent for trades later on.  The offense could essentially be complete for the next 5-7 years... all for a 3rd round pick (heck, I'd do that for a 2nd).
: October 30, 2012, 01:42:51 PM TBayXXXVII
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline postponed? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools