Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Limits Hot Meals, Manages Movie Titles « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#45 : October 30, 2012, 09:56:04 PM

what makes these players MEN?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 30, 2012, 10:16:26 PM

Whether a particular player considers Schiano's "control" as a bad thing or a good thing really comes down to a players mindset. Does he view coach's control as an attempt to HELP him by eliminating distractions to his preparation for the next game, or does he resent the coach for being overly controlling? If a player WANTS to improve and be successful, he'll welcome any help from his coach he can get. And that's EXACTLY how a good coach should be; willing to do ANYTHING to help each and every player be his best. If other stuff is more important to a player.... well, most if not all those players are gone...

Nailed it!!

Yup. Hes only going to bring in guys who welcome getting better and are willing to do some things to do it. Schiano knows some things that will help his team get better. Not every team does it but better doing it than not doing it. It makes these guys better people and with that better players. Who doesnt want that?

Yeah, because there are so many other winning teams that do this...  ::)

I dont understand the problem? Too positive a thing for your liking there TBay?

I don't think TBay has a problem with discipline but with treating grown men like college or high school students.

Exactly.  Men who are free to make up their own minds don't like to be told how to eat, when to eat, what to watch, when to watch it and so on.  It works great in college, but I doubt the success you could have in the NFL.  Now, if Schiano wants to tell them how they should do all those things, then that's perfectly reasonable.

I agree, he should also say pretty please when asking any thing of them .....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 30, 2012, 10:24:55 PM

Whether a particular player considers Schiano's "control" as a bad thing or a good thing really comes down to a players mindset. Does he view coach's control as an attempt to HELP him by eliminating distractions to his preparation for the next game, or does he resent the coach for being overly controlling? If a player WANTS to improve and be successful, he'll welcome any help from his coach he can get. And that's EXACTLY how a good coach should be; willing to do ANYTHING to help each and every player be his best. If other stuff is more important to a player.... well, most if not all those players are gone...

Nailed it!!

Yup. Hes only going to bring in guys who welcome getting better and are willing to do some things to do it. Schiano knows some things that will help his team get better. Not every team does it but better doing it than not doing it. It makes these guys better people and with that better players. Who doesnt want that?

Yeah, because there are so many other winning teams that do this...  ::)

I dont understand the problem? Too positive a thing for your liking there TBay?

I don't think TBay has a problem with discipline but with treating grown men like college or high school students.

Exactly.  Men who are free to make up their own minds don't like to be told how to eat, when to eat, what to watch, when to watch it and so on.  It works great in college, but I doubt the success you could have in the NFL.  Now, if Schiano wants to tell them how they should do all those things, then that's perfectly reasonable.

I agree, he should also say pretty please when asking any thing of them .....

Lol it's also a job that pays them a lot of money. These aren't things that hurt them but help them as players and people. I mean its their job and he's putting them in position to succeed in their jobs. Tell me how that's a bad thing.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Limits Hot Meals, Manages Movie Titles « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools