Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BIG BLOW: CARL NICKS PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#135 : October 31, 2012, 09:11:52 PM

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#136 : October 31, 2012, 09:17:10 PM

I'm trying to figure out why he went on IR. He has had this issue all year. Just shoot it up with cortizone, right? The injury isn't going to get worse playing on it, right?

I just don't understand. Nicks has played through injuries before and never missed a game with the Saints.

Why would he suddenly do an about face and just mail it in? Is he upset about something? Is there a problem with Nicks and his coaching staff? Maybe he is sick and tired of his coach telling him what to eat, when to eat it, and how hot it should be?

This is a major blow to our team. And how is he going to rehab it? The best way to rehab this injury is to just lay around for about six month, and stay off the toe. For a guy his size, this will be absolutely necessary. How is he going to look when he comes back? How long will it take him to get back into football shape? Will he even be able to play football at this level again?

Its amazing he made it this far into the season, probably should of shut it down right away in Sept.    Why risk permanent injury?    He is a tough SOB that is for sure.   Get healthy big fella.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#137 : October 31, 2012, 09:18:38 PM

Smh.. Buc fans I tell ya

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#138 : October 31, 2012, 09:21:00 PM

wait.....did he just.....I mean.....I thought I read...........conned?

wowzers

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#139 : October 31, 2012, 09:22:54 PM

We have not drafted Oline at all. For someone(me) with the philosophy that the Oline drives the offense, this is disturbing. Do you realize how many years I have watched this offense struggle with a rag tag Oline? I'm sick of it!! At least I'd give Gruden credit for at least TRYING to do something about it.

Sure, we had other positions to upgrade as well, but the Oline has been completely ignored in the draft. No one can argue that.

So, when/where should we have upgraded the Oline depth?

in rd1 instead for Barron or Martin? in rd2 for David?

to draft a back up for pro bowl Gs, instead of drafting STARTERS? How do you know the guys available later on were (valued) any better than the current back ups? Yes, you can find a diament in the rough in later rounds, for instance on OL. But why play lottery here, for back ups, that might not be really better than the current ones, while on other position you do not even have the luxery to draft for depth.

So if MD would have drafted 3 more OLers in the 2012 Draft, it would have been better, even if they provide the exact same depth, maybe even less?
Actually it isnt about improving the team, its all about looking good, showing you tried, right?

How many back ups does Belichick have for Brady, how did the back up plan for Peyton work out last year? When you build your team around QBs, its disturbing to just have one above average QB on your roster. But those fools still draft DE, LB or OT instead.

You are crazy. The Pats keep Brady upright with a great Oline.

Are you seriously arguing that there were no opportunities to draft Oline in the last......4-5 years? You CAN'T be serious. Because draft picks like Myron Lewis, Brian Price and A Benn are irreplaceable???

We had Trueblood, who wasn't good, and Larsen, who wasn't very good, and Joseph, who is so one dimensional it's not even funny. Our starters have not been good for years...actually, it's been decades. Steve Young was run out of here because our Oline was atrocious. There is a bevy of QB's who escaped from here and looked like they sucked worse than an Illuminator post, who went on to win Superbowls, league MVP's and Superbowl MVP's behind decent lines. I want us to be the team that can plug in a QB to a great system with great Oline, like Matt Cassell did in NE. Maybe they don't need two superstar QB's because they can plug someone else in there without embarrassing them? Maybe you have got it all wrong and it's really the Oline that drives an offense?

A good Oline makes a big, huge difference. If you didn't notice, our offense has been owning people with Nicks having a great year. Don't you want more players like Nicks? Don't you want to dominate the opponent? Don't you want  a great offense regardless of who is running, or QB'ing? Injuries happen, and you need good Oline depth.

You may be content with an average to below average Oline, but I am not. I will never settle for mediocrity the way you have.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#140 : November 01, 2012, 12:36:34 PM

My su**CENSORED**ion is that Nicks had that toe problem when he signed with the Bucs.

Seems like more than enough credible evidence to me!

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BIG BLOW: CARL NICKS PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools