Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Disney buys Star Wars. Plans Episode 7 for 2015 release « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : October 30, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »

Disney has just confirmed that it has agreed to acquire George Lucas‘ Lucasfilm Ltd, and that includes rights to the Star Wars franchise that will now continue on. The companies have targeted a 2015 release for Star Wars: Episode 7, with Episode 8 and Episode 9 to follow as the the long-term plan is to release a new feature every two or three years. “The last Star Wars movie release was 2005’s Revenge Of The Sith – and we believe there’s substantial pent-up demand”, Disney said. The deal also includes rights to the Indiana Jones franchise.

The stock and cash transaction is worth an estimated $4.05 billion, and the companies have scheduled a conference call in a half-hour to discuss the deal, which was approved by the Disney board and Lucas, the sole Lucasfilm shareholder.

As for the new Star Wars installments, the companies said Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy would be executive producer on Episode 7 and any additional Star Wars movies, and Lucas would serve as creative consultant. There was no indication about where the story would pick up, though technically in the franchise’s chronology it would follow Star Wars: Episode 6 — Return Of The Jedi, the third film in the initial trilogy that came out in 1983.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-creator/

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 30, 2012, 11:45:36 PM »

Indy also! Ugh!  I wonder how this ends.  This closes the book on another Raiders for sure. 

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : October 31, 2012, 10:32:15 PM »

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Could be cool as Disney certainly has the pockets, on the downside, I think Lucas would be more interested in trying to maintain the "integrity" of the story while keeping an eye on the return. I think Disney would be the other way round.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 01, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »

Indy also! Ugh!  I wonder how this ends.  This closes the book on another Raiders for sure.

"Indiana Jones's Son and the Escape to Witch Mountain" ????
Indiana Jones and the Pirates of the Caribbean ????
Indiana Jones and the Seven Dwarfs ????
Indiana Jones and the Parent Trap ????

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 01, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »

I just read an article that says he sold now to avoid the capital gains tax increase next month.  \o/  America!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 02, 2012, 08:16:36 AM »

Well look at it this way, Disney can't mess up episode 7 more than Lucas botched Ep's 1-3 so there's only uphill to go.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 02, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »

I just read an article that says he sold now to avoid the capital gains tax increase next month.  \o/  America!

The liberal George Lucas?  No......

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 04, 2012, 07:59:36 AM »

Time for the long awaited Jar Jar Binks Trilogy !!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Disney buys Star Wars. Plans Episode 7 for 2015 release « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools