Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Doug Williams not in Ring of Honor? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 31, 2012, 03:33:00 PM

Agreed Gametime. There's a bunch of guys who won a Super Bowl that deserve to go in first. I understand the chronological idea, but once you knock out the important older guys, you add the guys who won you a trophy. And after them, or maybe somewhere mixed between them you add in Dungy.

Once they get to the Super Bowl team, it will be 10 years before they move on: Sapp, Lynch, Alstott, Brooks, Barber, Dexter Jackson, Gruden, Kiffin should all go in IMO. Then there is a group of guys from that team that were important pieces, but maybe don't go in for whatever reason: Rice, Brad Johnson, Jurevicious, Gramatica. Hell, the coaching staff was an all-star roster: Gruden, Kiffin, Marinelli, Tomlin, Barry, Bisaccia, Raheem (say what you will about Rah, but he was a helluva DB coach here, and during the Super Bowl year he was only quality control).

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : October 31, 2012, 03:35:02 PM

Most of those guys you said no to I would put in before Dexter Jackson.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 31, 2012, 03:43:29 PM

3 trips to the playoffs is a reason for ring of honor?  id rather have a ROH for guys that committed themselves to the Bucs, rather than a flash in the pan.
Nailed it.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 31, 2012, 03:51:52 PM

Flash in the pan? Hardly.

In Verner We Trust

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 31, 2012, 04:01:25 PM

Are we going to put Steve Young in the ROH? How about Tim Brown? Young is already in the HOF and Brown will be. Shouldn't we put them in the ROH?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 31, 2012, 04:04:52 PM

Doug Williams was an average QB, people - not Joe Montana.

So let me get your take on the Ring of Honor. You have to be a Hall of Famer and arguably the NFL's greatest QB, four time Super Bowl winner to be on the lousy Buccaneer Ring?

That's just dumb.  Might as well take McKay off the ring, he sucked royally as an NFL head coach and had a losing career record.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 31, 2012, 04:05:32 PM

Are we going to put Steve Young in the ROH? How about Tim Brown? Young is already in the HOF and Brown will be. Shouldn't we put them in the ROH?

they had little influence in the Bucs' history

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 31, 2012, 04:06:26 PM

No middle ground between average and world's greatest is there, Morgan?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 31, 2012, 04:07:30 PM

it amazes me how many people want so many in the ROH.  whats your criteria for putting doug williams in?  we made the playoffs?
took the team to the playoffs x 3 seasons...they hadn't seen the playoffs before he became QB, and for 14 seasons after he was banished from the Bucs - he was really the face of the organization for the five seasons he was a Buc

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 31, 2012, 04:12:51 PM

Williams deserves to be in the Redskin's ROH. The Bucs? Not so much.

EDIT: He's already in the Redskin's Ring Of Fame.
: October 31, 2012, 04:15:42 PM Illuminator

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 31, 2012, 04:15:25 PM

it amazes me how many people want so many in the ROH.  whats your criteria for putting doug williams in?  we made the playoffs?
took the team to the playoffs x 3 seasons...they hadn't seen the playoffs before he became QB, and for 14 seasons after he was banished from the Bucs - he was really the face of the organization for the five seasons he was a Buc
He had one season as a Buc where he finished in the top 15 for QB rating.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 31, 2012, 04:17:05 PM

Most of those guys you said no to I would put in before Dexter Jackson.

I agree, I only added Jackson because he was the MVP. And it wasn't that I was saying no to those guys. I'd love to see them in the ring of honor, but I just don't know if they will make it, whether it was production, tenure, etc. I only put Rice on that list because it wasn't a clean break between he and the team.

Trust me, I'm a huge fan or Brad Johnson. And Jurevicious (still wear his jersey from time to time). And Martin was automatica until the end of his time with the Bucs, then he was a face palm waiting to happen.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 31, 2012, 04:17:47 PM

End of that debate IMO.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 31, 2012, 04:19:57 PM

End of that debate IMO.

tell that to the Glazers because Doug WILL eventually be in the Bucs' ring. His role in the team's only successes before the Dungy/Gruden era warrants it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 31, 2012, 04:28:07 PM

tell that to the Glazers because Doug WILL eventually be in the Bucs' ring. His role in the team's only successes before the Dungy/Gruden era warrants it.

i have no problem with williams eventually getting in...i just dont think he should be at the top of the list.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Doug Williams not in Ring of Honor? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools